Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant access boards.ie on google chrome app

Options
  • 15-12-2016 3:08pm

Hi all
    Just wondering if anyone is experiencing this issue. I cant seem to access boards.ie when using the Google chrome internet browser app on my phone. My phone is a galaxy note 4 and is up to date etc as is the google chrome app itself. Every other site works fine except for boards. I can however access boards.ie whenever I use the default browser that came with the phone and also with other browsers. Just strange that google chrome app broswer doesnt allow access. The error im getting is :

"The www.boards.ie page isn’t working www.boards.ie redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"

And just to note Ive tried acessing the site over meteor and vodafone network to no avail

Anyone having similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I got that last week.
    Had to open boards in an Incognito tab for a while. Seemed to resolve itself after a few hours.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Just saw this post on front page. Using incognito mode should do the job. Unfortunately there appears to be a conflict in how Chrome makes requests and we handle said requests, but incognito mode changes this equation and makes the two see eye to eye it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I had this issue twice recently - on both occasions I reinstalled chrome and everything was grand after.

Boards.ie Employee

GBX wrote: »
    I had this issue twice recently - on both occasions I reinstalled chrome and everything was grand after.

Now that's unusual. Were these two separate installations though (like two different devices) or did you get this error - reinstall - get it again at a later date - and reinstall again?

Boards.ie Employee

sugarman wrote: »
    You just need to clear your cookies and cache

Despite the instructions, that doesn't seem to make a difference in this instance. Incognito mode though :)

• Advertisement

Thanks all. Incognito mode seems to do the trick ☺

Despite the instructions, that doesn't seem to make a difference in this instance. Incognito mode though :)

That's it .. it didn't help for me hence the reinstall.

sugarman wrote: »
    Did you clear the cache too, or just cookies?

Cache & cookies. A number of times to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I have a similar issue on chrome on my s7.

Initially I was getting the error the op saw but now when I try load a mobile page like touch.boards.ie it defaults to the desktop version. I have cleared cache and cookies but to no avail.

Only solution I found was to install the HTC Internet app on the phone and I'm back able to use the touch site. Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭niallb

Open up your chrome settings and see if you have "Data Saver" turned on.
    Boards doesn't seem to work reliably with that activated, so try turning it off for a bit.

• Advertisement

niallb wrote: »
    Open up your chrome settings and see if you have "Data Saver" turned on.
    Boards doesn't seem to work reliably with that activated, so try turning it off for a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have never turned on data saver.

Cheers

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was going to say data saver. Happened to me a few weeks ago.

Boards.ie Employee

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It's possible that your default settings were reset / changed. If you end up on the Desktop site, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Touch Site; that setting should be retained from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭niallb

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Neither did I - but there it was.
    Worth taking a quick look!

It's possible that your default settings were reset / changed. If you end up on the Desktop site, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Touch Site; that setting should be retained from then on.

Cheers that fixed it. Don't know how that happened

Advertisement