Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False rape accusation...who would you believe?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

The OP and other posts referred to women being the victims of attacks... hence the talk about false claims. I have no memory of anyone talking about male on male rape claims, except as a minor discussion a long time ago.

When? When did you propose it (unless you mean in the last few days?) The population of users who post to this thread has dropped considerably. I doubt there's more than a few posters who check or post to it anymore because the whole topic was well discussed previously. You're simply late to the party.

It's been ages since I've posted to the thread, and I just ghost it most of the time.

Nah. You're pushing the gender war line on the thread. Maybe you'd be happier on the controversy over feminism thread if you want to push that angle. (since you keep repeating gender war in your posts)

Social change. We've had 50 years of feminism rising within society, pushing certain claims, and this is one of those claims, irrespective of the lack of evidence to support it. People make assumptions. Just as there was the assumption in the US, that Black men were more likely to commit rapes than white men... people believed it to be true, even though they'd never seen any evidence to convince them of the fact. They simply assumed it was true. Just as you are doing. And I agree, that there are likely more claims that are not made (due to all manner of reasons), there's still little evidence to support the assumption.. just as there's little evidence to support your previous assumption.

And while I'm not a grammar nazi, could you recheck your posts (word choice) before posting, just to make them a little easier to read. Rather than me guessing your meaning.

The title of the thread is about a false allegation of rape. Anybody can be raped... anybody can make a false allegation of rape.

The title does not say anything about gender and just because OP gave an example of a made up scenario does not mean we have to refer to victims as she. People are using a victim as she not even in the context of the OP and you are pushing the gender war. Post #745 first paragraph a clear example of that fact.

Unless every single rape was reported then there would have to be more rapes than reported rapes and only a nutter would believe every single rape is reported.

ittakestwo wrote: »
    The title of the thread is about a false allegation of rape. Anybody can be raped... anybody can make a false allegation of rape.

Yup. That's obvious.
    The title does not say anything about gender and just because OP gave an example of a made up scenario does not mean we have to refer to victims as she. People are using a victim as she not even in the context of the OP and you are pushing the gender war. Post #745 first paragraph a clear example of that fact.

I am not pushing a gender war... you introduced the term, and I haven't used or expanded on it... Referring to the effects of Feminism in society doesn't mean that I'm pushing any kind of gender war perspective... it's simply acknowledging forces in society.
    Unless every single rape was reported then there would have to be more rapes than reported rapes and only a nutter would believe every single rape is reported.

Again, obviously.

Look. You haven't countered what I said, and are just dancing around trying to find an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I was asked to go into a Garda station once to make a statement.
    I was with a friend the night before when he picked up a girl in a pub.
    We all spent a few hours chatting and drinking and I went home.
    The way i was interviewed felt like they were accusing me. The put me under serious pressure to say things and twisted my words to say something different to what I said.
    By the time I had left I was in no doubt that my friend had raped the girl.
    Hell I even thought I might have had a part in it.
    A few weeks later, with me ****ting myself the whole time I decided to go in to the Garda station and ask to review my statement to correct the things they pressed me to say.
    I was talking to a different garda and he said that there would be no need as the case was dropped.
    I phoned my friend and he said he had only heard that morning that it had been dropped.
    There was evidence to show that she had been framing him, and had done this to several other men in the past.
    She had mental issues and was trying to get men back for abuse her father had committed.

Of course we still have acquaintances who think that he did rape her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I was asked to go into a Garda station once to make a statement.
    I was with a friend the night before when he picked up a girl in a pub.
    We all spent a few hours chatting and drinking and I went home.
    The way i was interviewed felt like they were accusing me. The put me under serious pressure to say things and twisted my words to say something different to what I said.
    By the time I had left I was in no doubt that my friend had raped the girl.
    Hell I even thought I might have had a part in it.
    A few weeks later, with me ****ting myself the whole time I decided to go in to the Garda station and ask to review my statement to correct the things they pressed me to say.
    I was talking to a different garda and he said that there would be no need as the case was dropped.
    I phoned my friend and he said he had only heard that morning that it had been dropped.
    There was evidence to show that she had been framing him, and had done this to several other men in the past.
    She had mental issues and was trying to get men back for abuse her father had committed.

Of course we still have acquaintances who think that he did rape her.

Wow,that must have been tough going. I suspect nothing happened to her?

I wonder do they keep a file and hole on to your statement regardless? If so I would still be looking to review it at the time.

py2006 wrote: »
    Wow,that must have been tough going. I suspect nothing happened to her?

I wonder do they keep a file and hole on to your statement regardless? If so I would still be looking to review it at the time.

It was about 15 years ago.
    I just want to forget the whole experience. And I wasnt even the one accused.
    The worst part was that my friend has since got married and had to explain what happened to his now wife. She actually dumped him, but spoke to me afterwards and I told her what had actually happened.

Then years after her family found out, and some of them havent spoken to him since.

• Advertisement

Caquas wrote: »
    I think you agree with me but have completely misunderstood my post.

It's obvious that consent is usually the issue, but google up some statistics if you want.

You made these assertion, you google the statistics

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

A woman who is raped faces psychological ruin.

A man is falsely accused faced psychological, societal and financial ruin.

I have the same sympathy (if not more) for men who are falsely accused.

This reads that you have more sympathy for men being falsely accused of rape than a woman actually being raped.

A woman who is raped faces the exact same issues that you have stated for the person falsely accused. Exact same.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    The worst part was that my friend has since got married and had to explain what happened to his now wife. She actually dumped him, but spoke to me afterwards and I told her what had actually happened.

Wow, did she then believe him after speaking to you?

I hope your friend is doing ok now?

Society doesn't give a crap about men, and feminists want to encourage the believe ALL women social media movement. Utter disgrace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

anewme wrote: »
    This reads that you have more sympathy for men being falsely accused of rape than a woman actually being raped.

A woman who is raped faces the exact same issues that you have stated for the person falsely accused. Exact same.

How does a woman face financial ruination?
    She doesn't have to spend thousands defending herself.

I await your response.

py2006 wrote: »
    Wow, did she then believe him after speaking to you?

I hope your friend is doing ok now?

Society doesn't give a crap about men, and feminists want to encourage the believe ALL women social media movement. Utter disgrace.

She didnt believe him when he told her first.
    I mean, she couldnt believe he would do it, but she was thinking what if... theres no smoke without fire.
    I knew her since we were kids and I told her what had happened.
    It was outside the heat of the moment for her.

It calmed her down so that she could see clearly.
    But even now as far as some of her family are concerned, their daughter married a rapist.

• Advertisement

That's what I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Look. You haven't countered what I said, and are just dancing around trying to find an argument.

You first replied to my post at #745 with that odd first paragraph and I dont't know what I am suppose to be dancing around either.

How does a woman face financial ruination?
    She doesn't have to spend thousands defending herself.

I await your response.

Really?

Are you missing that much of the bigger picture.

You don’t realise that medical bills and ongoing counselling costs money?

You don’t realise that a person without income if unable to work after an extended period faces financial ruin.

Your comment that you have more sympathy for a man If falsely accused than a woman raped is very telling.

That's what I thought.

What’s what you thought?

Really?

Are you missing that much of the bigger picture.

You don’t realise that medical bills and ongoing counselling costs money?

You don’t realise that a person without income if unable to work after an extended period faces financial ruin.

Your comment that you have more sympathy for a man If falsely accused than a woman raped is very telling.

Those things are provided FOC.

A man falsely accused suffers more than a rape victim.

Those things are provided FOC.

Now just stop.

That’s just not true.

A person unable to work long term due to trauma and ongoing medical issues does not get their ongoing mortgage, medical expenses and living expenses paid.

A person suffering the aftermath of a rape is very much financially impacted.

What you are saying is just not true.

That statement you are making says a lot about yourself.

For god's sake, you're both going nutty.

The comparison is ridiculous. It's not a bloody competition to see who ends up worse. They're entirely different scenarios with different consequences.
    anewme wrote:
    That statement you are making says a lot about yourself.

Stop taking some illusory high moral ground here. You're both fighting in the mud.

Not sure I agree with you here. Both will suffer horrendously.

The difference is, the effect on men is not often considered or even taken seriously.

For god's sake, you're both going nutty.

The comparison is ridiculous. It's not a bloody competition to see who ends up worse. They're entirely different scenarios with different consequences.

Stop taking some illusory high moral ground here. You're both fighting in the mud.

Sorry, but not where you are going with this? There is mo mud.

The person made a statement that he had much more sympathy for a man who was falsely accused of rape, tham a woman who was raped.

In my response to the OP, I clearly went on to state that there are the exact same implications for both parties.

He then went on to say that a woman did not face financial ruin and further went on to say that a woman got everything FOC.

This is false and should be corrected.

I am challenging this is not taking the higher ground, what I am stating is what the OP is pedalling is categorically not true.

I am challenging this is not taking the higher ground, what I am staring is what the OP is pedalling is categorically not true.

It's an opinion, just like yours is. And the manner of your response along with assuming a superior moral tone, is what's pushing you firmly into the mud, alongside him. The way in which the two of you are competing about which is worse, is a secondary reason why you're both fighting in the mud.

And Anewme, I've seen a lot of your posts over the years, and you're very pro-female in virtually every thread. It's not like you're standing free from bias here.

Now. I'm not getting involved in this discussion because I feel that both of you are being inappropriate considering the topic at hand.

But don't let me stop you. I'm out of this from here on.

• Advertisement

Sorry, but not where you are going with this? There is mo mud.

The person made a statement that he had much more sympathy for a man who was falsely accused of rape, tham a woman who was raped.

In my response to the OP, I clearly went on to state that there are the exact same implications for both parties.

He then went on to say that a woman did not face financial ruin and further went on to say that a woman got everything FOC.

This is false and should be corrected.

I am challenging this is not taking the higher ground, what I am staring is what the OP is pedalling is categorically not true.

How do you know I'm a he or identify as such?

There's infinite more support for women who were raped than men who are falsely accused.

Look at poor Paddy Jackson, career ruined over lies.

It's an opinion, just like yours is. And the manner of your response along with assuming a superior moral tone, is what's pushing you firmly into the mud, alongside him. The way in which the two of you are competing about which is worse, is a secondary reason why you're both fighting in the mud.

And Anewme, I've seen a lot of your posts over the years, and you're very pro-female in virtually every thread. It's not like you're standing free from bias here.

Now. I'm not getting involved in this discussion because I feel that both of you are being inappropriate considering the topic at hand.

But don't let me stop you. I'm out of this from here on.

Sorry, just for clarity, its not an opinion he is posting: he is stating a fact as being true, when its not.

What he actually said is that women are not financially impacted if they are raped as they get everything Free of Charge, he has said that twice.

Now, that is not an opinion, it is either true, or it is not.

This is nothing to do with being female (why call women females? )or pro-female or whatever you say it is. It is to do with people making false statements and pedalling them as the truth.

I've seen a lot of your posts over the years and I believe them to be anti woman, but that's beside the point and not relevant to the issue that someone has been making false statements and standing over them as truth.

How do you know I'm a he or identify as such?

There's infinite more support for women who were raped than men who are falsely accused.

Look at poor Paddy Jackson, career ruined over lies.

Did you not say in another thread that you had a row with someone on Facebook (not liking what she said about the strong performance of a Woman Prime Minister) and she accused you of mansplaining. And being a misogynist. I wonder what could possibly make her think that?

She is hardly going to do that if you were a woman now, is she? The hint is in the name.

I've seen a lot of your posts over the years and I believe them to be anti woman, but that's beside the point and not relevant to the issue that someone has been making false statements and standing over them as truth.

haha.. I could easily have laid the claim that you are anti-male based on your past contributions, but I didn't. Notice the difference in how I wrote what I did? Calling you very pro-female left out any of the negative connotations. So.. yeah.. you've just reinforced my earlier point.

I'm an egalitarian. I'm pro-first/second wave feminism, and i'm very anti-third/fourth wave feminism, because I don't believe that modern feminism wants equality for the genders. I'm not anti-woman... not even slightly. But then, i know you don't make any distinction between feminism and women. In spite of the low numbers of women who identify themselves as feminists compared to the whole.
    This is nothing to do with being female (why call women females? )or pro-female or whatever you say it is. It is to do with people making false statements and pedalling them as the truth.

Because a girl isn't a woman, but remains female. Female covers all age groups. Just my preference, since I tend to live in China where most women want to be called girls. Simple conditioning in my speech.

Did you not say in another thread that you had a row with someone on Facebook (not liking what she said about the strong performance of a Woman Prime Minister) and she accused you of mansplaining. And being a misogynist. I winder what could possibly make her think that?

She is hardly going to do that if you were a woman now, is she? The hint is in the name.

I did..I also said in that thread that she assumed my gender.

So I'll ask again.. how do you know I'm a man? Or how do you know I identify as such?

haha.. I could easily have laid the claim that you are anti-male based on your past contributions, but I didn't. Notice the difference in how I wrote what I did? Calling you very pro-female left out any of the negative connotations. So.. yeah.. you've just reinforced my earlier point.

I'm an egalitarian. I'm pro-first/second wave feminism, and i'm very anti-third/fourth wave feminism, because I don't believe that modern feminism wants equality for the genders. I'm not anti-woman... not even slightly. But then, i know you don't make any distinction between feminism and women. In spite of the low numbers of women who identify themselves as feminists compared to the whole.

Because a girl isn't a woman, but remains female. Female covers all age groups. Just my preference, since I tend to live in China where most women want to be called girls. Simple conditioning in my speech.

I'm going to be completely honest here, I dont know what any of this below means ...not one bit of it.

............I'm an egalitarian. I'm pro-first/second wave feminism, and i'm very anti-third/fourth wave feminism, because I don't believe that modern feminism wants equality for the genders..........

Maybe I just live more simply, (call men men and women women) but that does not mean I can't or wont comment when I see people telling untruths, or obvious anti women Agendas.

To me, labelling someone pro female has negative connotations, maybe you are more read up than me.

What I have observed on this thread, is that anyone who challenges the status quo has been rounded on- The post about women who are raped get everything for free peed me off, and also the fact that others would let this pass without calling out the spoofer made me comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I find that most females have no interest in modern feminism, thankfully they have too much sense to be taken in by its propoganda.

i wish that was true . look at all the times you hear about the pay gap , for example. sadly a lot of women are brainwashed into beleiving this crap

I'm going to be completely honest here, I dont know what any of this below means ...not one bit of it.

............I'm an egalitarian. I'm pro-first/second wave feminism, and i'm very anti-third/fourth wave feminism, because I don't believe that modern feminism wants equality for the genders..........

Nah. I don't buy it, and I doubt many other do either. They can crawl through your post history, but I'm sure most of them have seen you post in other threads related to gender issues.

I do know that you're aware of the differences between the feminism waves.. cause we've had the discussion before about feminism. And while I could take this moment to throw in some digs, I'm not going to. All I'll say is that this is a rather dishonest tack to take.
    To me, labelling someone pro female has negative connotations, maybe you are more read up than me.

Again, I doubt that. Pro generally means a positive, while anti-suggests a negative.
    What I have observed on this thread, is that anyone who challenges the status quo has been rounded on- The post about women who are raped get everything for free peed me off, and also the fact that others would let this pass without calling out the spoofer made me comment.

That's not the status quo. It's one posters remark. Fact is, I don't know if females who have claimed rape get free legal costs... if i knew, that they didn't, I would have said as much.

As for not calling others out... yeah.. no... you see many of the posters who previously contributed to the thread, are simply observing now, having lost the interest to partake, because... most angles were covered before. It's an old thread. It's generally new people to the thread who contribute now, and the remainder just watch to see what happens. It's not approval. That's what the "thanks" at the bottom of posts does... and I didn't see many "thanks" in relation to his post about legal fees.

i wish that was true . look at all the times you hear about the pay gap , for example. sadly a lot of women are brainwashed into beleiving this crap

You can be taken in by all the propaganda and not be a feminist. A lot of feminist ideology/claims has spread beyond feminism into other areas of society, so people get to hear it from many angles. When people take their opinions from others, without doing their own research, you get this kind of thing.. merely parroting what others have said, because they assume it must be true.

It's just that there is an overabundance of voices speaking this stuff in the media (and in the social sciences).. It's slowly, very slowly, being whittled away by common sense, and more accurate appraisals of the statistics on hand.

• Advertisement

Nah. I don't buy it, and I doubt many other do either. They can crawl through your post history, but I'm sure most of them have seen you post in other threads related to gender issues.

I do know that you're aware of the differences between the feminism waves.. cause we've had the discussion before about feminism. And while I could take this moment to throw in some digs, I'm not going to. All I'll say is that this is a rather dishonest tack to take.

Again, I doubt that. Pro generally means a positive, while anti-suggests a negative.

That's not the status quo. It's one posters remark. Fact is, I don't know if females who have claimed rape get free legal costs... if i knew, that they didn't, I would have said as much.

As for not calling others out... yeah.. no... you see many of the posters who previously contributed to the thread, are simply observing now, having lost the interest to partake, because... most angles were covered before. It's an old thread. It's generally new people to the thread who contribute now, and the remainder just watch to see what happens. It's not approval. That's what the "thanks" at the bottom of posts does... and I didn't see many "thanks" in relation to his post about legal fees.

You dont need to buy it? When I last looked I didnt need your approval for to vouch for my character. It is as I said. I find your paragraph verbage and I've no idea what any of that that stuff is.

Show me any of my posts EVER where I've gone into any topics to do with anything like you've referred to ....feminist waves, first waves, second waves, modern feminism, any of that or the difference between them. There are none - ZERO. I dont know what they are. I've never claimed to know anything about it. I dont know what eglitsrism is ( no interest in knowing either) and 200 percent can say I've never mentioned it ever. You are being totally dishonest deliberately here, or you are mixing me up. I have had no debates with you on feminist waves.

The poster was not just referencing legal costs, as well you know.Again, you are not being honest in your response. The post was that men are financially ruined by being accused of rape where a woman could not face financial ruin through rape.

A person could face financial ruin by being unable to work and pay their mortgage, snd fall into debt his response was that women get EVERYTHING free of charge.

They do not. And well you know it. Dishonest.

Advertisement