Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 8 | Hearts Still Beating [AMC] [SPOILERS]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

I enjoyed this one. The boot person / post credit scene is ninja carol back again, I thought that was obvious but maybe I'm wrong? you can see her head when she is taking the binoculars away?

I don't think it is, Carol is at the kingdom sulking in her little house. The boot person is there when Rick and Aaron get the boat supplies and then follows them back to Alexandria.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I liked this episode; Negan was as OTT as ever and the gang got back together. A nice happy ending for the mid-season break.

Pity it's so long until the next episode...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭nc6000

I enjoyed this one. The boot person / post credit scene is ninja carol back again, I thought that was obvious but maybe I'm wrong? you can see her head when she is taking the binoculars away?

If it is Carol then it looks like she has pretty big feet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I just really thought it was her doing her sniper from far away thing again. Like she couldn't be arsed listening to anyone elses morals anymore and wants to just step in and help and disappear again whenever she feels like it.

I hope it's not a stupid new character who is going to save us from a cliff hanger by shooting negan when he's about to bash someones head in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Can I just say, though, that the end scene with the camera panning on each of their faces was one of the cheesiest scenes in the show's history.
    I thought this was just a play on scene before they met Lucille... when the camera was panning to each one, except this time they're a bit happier !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

So...I'm guessing Jesus's ramble around the Saviour's compound will have some sort of meaning in the second half of the season? Otherwise it was completely pointless...

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    So...I'm guessing Jesus's ramble around the Saviour's compound will have some sort of meaning in the second half of the season? Otherwise it was completely pointless...

I think he probably passed the note with the key to daryl, and might have done a decent bit of snooping around to know where they should attack etc

I think he probably passed the note with the key to daryl, and might have done a decent bit of snooping around to know where they should attack etc

I reckon Dwight's wife passed Daryl the key - if Jesus had the key in his hand why wouldn't he have just opened the door and let Daryl out? Dwight's missus had a lot to lose by being caught with Daryl if she let him out, hence the note under the door...although the key under the door was just odd in general, why didn't she just quickly unlock the door and walk away, replacing the key where she found it? if the key wasn't seen as missing, theoretically that might buy Daryl more time to escape. But anyway, it's just a tv show, it's just a tv show...

I have to say, Spencer had balls to proposition Negan like that (about Rick), in front of Rick's own people at the pool table! Surely, if Negan had agreed to his terms, Spencer was just going to make himself an extremely unpopular leader with a target on his forehead!

that's a good point. the sound of the thundering boots walking up to the door threw me from it being her.. it could have even been dwight himself, the last time we saw him, negan was saying I don't have time to have sex with any of my wives today.. well maybe just one while looking at dwight..

if it was jesus he's too sneaky to be thumping along with big boots and if it was dwights wife well she wouldn't really sound like that either.. so that's where I'm now thinking it could be dwight..

or else as you say it's just a tv show and you can't look that far into it or the note was just so we don't know who did it because they're going to help again later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Who was it wi the boots according to the credits? Please say! My "service provider" does not include the credits ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I reckon Dwight's wife passed Daryl the key - if Jesus had the key in his hand why wouldn't he have just opened the door and let Daryl out? Dwight's missus had a lot to lose by being caught with Daryl if she let him out, hence the note under the door...although the key under the door was just odd in general, why didn't she just quickly unlock the door and walk away, replacing the key where she found it? if the key wasn't seen as missing, theoretically that might buy Daryl more time to escape. But anyway, it's just a tv show, it's just a tv show...

I have to say, Spencer had balls to proposition Negan like that (about Rick), in front of Rick's own people at the pool table! Surely, if Negan had agreed to his terms, Spencer was just going to make himself an extremely unpopular leader with a target on his forehead!

Christ, I would say the complete opposite! A very weak minded character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

One of the better episodes but not sure how this new character they are introducing will add to the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    What was the significance of the guy from the Kingdom going into that hidden trailer and smashing the glass

that place is fire hazard

Im not sure what we were seeing when the women said, thats' Negan, was it jsut a temporary meeting for of load of cars and lots of people at a cross roads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That was a very good episode but it only really compounds how much garbage they've packed between the opener and the finale. Lucille eating a bullet was absurd though - would have been much better if she'd just shot him non-fatally in the shoulder, or even if the gun misfired because of the hand manufactured ammo, if the story arc calls for Negan to be unhurt. What they actually went with was a bit cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

forumuser wrote: »
    Mr nice guy, I really don't get why you still watch when you so obviously hate the show. It's just tedious now

Attention seeking of course, would have thought that was obvious by now??

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

that's a good point. the sound of the thundering boots walking up to the door threw me from it being her.. it could have even been dwight himself, the last time we saw him, negan was saying I don't have time to have sex with any of my wives today.. well maybe just one while looking at dwight..

if it was jesus he's too sneaky to be thumping along with big boots and if it was dwights wife well she wouldn't really sound like that either.. so that's where I'm now thinking it could be dwight..

or else as you say it's just a tv show and you can't look that far into it or the note was just so we don't know who did it because they're going to help again later on

Yeah, fair call, it could have been Dwight himself I guess! We know he's conflicted being in the Saviours, and not enjoying sharing Sherry with Negan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Thought the scene at the pool table was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The reason why JDM doesn't work for me as Negan is because he is just too damn skinny.

In the comics he is portrayed as a hulking, behemoth of a man, reminiscent of Wilson Fisk from The Punisher.

In TWD he looks like a malnourished surfer.

Episode was grand, happy to see the two deaths as both characters really grated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Rod Munch wrote: »
    he is just too damn skinny.

i read that in the voice of Negan :)

I enjoyed this episode. I think it ended nicely on a feel good high with Rick and co getting their mojo back although the end scene went on too long. It would not have seemed so cheesy had they had left the reunion a bit shorter.

I previously predicted that scenario with Spencer and Negan. It was fairly obvious from previous episodes that it was leading to that. It was a good scene though and Spencers death was scary and a bit yuck but i liked Negans mocking and recognition that Spencer had no guts.

I was really enjoying the boat scene with Rick and Aaron but I thought it was unnecessary for Aaron to fall into the water like that. It was a grand scene without that and it just seemed like another attempt to trick the viewer where I think the scene could have stood well alone.

Good episode though and looking forward to the rest to the return of the show.

• Advertisement

The reason why JDM doesn't work for me as Negan is because he is just too damn skinny.

In the comics he is portrayed as a hulking, behemoth of a man, reminiscent of Wilson Fisk from The Punisher.

Episode was grand, happy to see the two deaths as both characters really grated.

his fat jokes wouldn't pay off then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭ironingbored

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Who was it wi the boots according to the credits? Please say! My "service provider" does not include the credits ;)
    Dwight?

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/584f094fdd08954b558b49ad-1350

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Thought the reunion scene at end was a nice follow on from the imagined dinner scene at end of episode 1, in that group back together and working.

Agree with some posters re JD Morgan being v skinny for negan, but think he has a very scary look all the same sometimes, when he stops talking and just looks at person he's intimidating...

Anybody know what the significance of the letter 'A' on Daryl's top was?

Didn't Dwight spray A for @sshole on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It looked like all the captives had letters on their tops. I assume to differentiate them.

tumblr_o58zwujLV31qcb892o1_250.gif

Burst out laughing when I read that, not sure I'll be able to see him again without thinking that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

So the second half of the season will be our groups going round trying to convince the other groups to take on Negan. Then a battle or 2, Negan gets defeated, we lose a few more from our side and role on another evil villain for the next season?

Without going down the 'bigger picture' route of trying to make contact with other countries/looking for a cure etc I really don't see what they can do with the programme that hasn't already been done?

Maybe I just don't have the imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

As a non comic book reader I have too say that this has entered my mind on more the one occasion

His physical presence does let him down slightly - his waist and skinny legs just makes me think that in a 1 on 1 (without Lucille) Rick could easily be a match for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

As a non comic book reader I have too say that this has entered my mind on more the one occasion

His physical presence does let him down slightly - his waist and skinny legs just makes me think that in a 1 on 1 (without Lucille) Rick could easily be a match for him

JDM has lost a serious amount of weight, just have a look at him in the film watchmen, he was a serious build in that and that was the Negan I was expecting. I think acting wise hes doing a good job but physically its just not there imo.

• Advertisement

So the second half of the season will be our groups going round trying to convince the other groups to take on Negan. Then a battle or 2, Negan gets defeated, we lose a few more from our side and role on another evil villain for the next season?

Without going down the 'bigger picture' route of trying to make contact with other countries/looking for a cure etc I really don't see what they can do with the programme that hasn't already been done?

Maybe I just don't have the imagination.

I'm somewhat surprised they haven't attempted to introduce elements like evidence for remnants of the military, or some form of remaining government structure, the scale of the outbreak (US only, versus American continent, vs global, etc), etc.

Drifting from predictable season to season and carbon copy villian to villian is getting tiresome. It needs something different to freshen it up. Not just shock deaths, or gore, or nastiness, but an entirely new direction.

I'm somewhat surprised they haven't attempted to introduce elements like evidence for remnants of the military, or some form of remaining government structure, the scale of the outbreak (US only, versus American continent, vs global, etc), etc.

Drifting from predictable season to season and carbon copy villian to villian is getting tiresome. It needs something different to freshen it up. Not just shock deaths, or gore, or nastiness, but an entirely new direction.

Totally agree. It would seem about the right time (at least a couple of years since the outbreak*) that whatever officials that are left worldwide would be trying to re-establish some sort of contact with other countries or other official establishments, get communications back on line, and form some sort of government. Maybe form an organised civilian task force against the walkers, and in time, against people like Negan. While I enjoy the programme as it is, I've been thinking for at least the past season or two that the story needs to move in that direction. It'll stagnate otherwise. I have no idea how (or if) the comics deal with this, so I guess we'll have to see what Robert Kirkman et al come up with.

*speaking of how long it's been since the outbreak, I noticed they've aged Judith again...last time we saw her she was a little babe in Carl's arms, now she's definitely a fairly sturdy toddler. It would seem by my reckoning that only a short few months (at most) have passed between them defeating the Wolves (and the Great Walker Invasion of Alexandria) and going to Hilltop, and (very quickly after that) meeting Negan. It certainly seems to have been summer-ish weather for pretty much that whole story arc. Judith looks to be about three now, judging by her appearance in the last episode.

*speaking of how long it's been since the outbreak, I noticed they've aged Judith again...last time we saw her she was a little babe in Carl's arms, now she's definitely a fairly sturdy toddler. It would seem by my reckoning that only a short few months (at most) have passed between them defeating the Wolves (and the Great Walker Invasion of Alexandria) and going to Hilltop, and (very quickly after that) meeting Negan. It certainly seems to have been summer-ish weather for pretty much that whole story arc. Judith looks to be about three now, judging by her appearance in the last episode.

Nah, Judith's growth has been rather realistic to be fair. If you look through the seasons. They have had to use about 12 kids at this stage to keep her growing incrementally

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Totally agree with you. The Governer was a great baddie but Negan is just too hammy and, dare I say it, too cartoony. I know he's a big deal in the comics (haven't read) but I was bored with him and irritated in equal measure after episode 1 of this season. Time to move the series on in a different direction, or just end it with groups rising together against the Saviours and leave what happens next to our imaginations...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Mr nice guy, I really don't get why you still watch when you so obviously hate the show. It's just tedious now

I must say, that while I do like the show bette than Mr. Nice guy, I do enjoy reading his critiques, especially the alternative dialogues, and he does point out some things that are are worth pointing out.

I might not agree with Mr. Nice Guy, but I do hope he keeps the entertainment coming. :)

storker wrote: »

I must say, that while I do like the show bette than Mr. Nice guy, I do enjoy reading his critiques, especially the alternative dialogues, and he does point out some things that are are worth pointing out.

I might not agree with Mr. Nice Guy, but I do hope he keeps the entertainment coming. :)

I think his posts are becoming predictable try too hard parodies of themselves at this stage!! I respect his dedication to a show he no longer hates though! It's a truly Irish thing!!

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I'm not a comic reader but I would like to see them overthrow Negan and try and replace his dictatorship with a more democratic way of living. It would be a good way to end the show.

Likewise. My own approach, if I was Rick, having defeated the saviours, would be to ask the survivors to vote on whether the way forward lies in (a) collaboration and co-operation with other communities, or (b) continuing the Saviour's "strategy" of murderous parasitism.

Then kill everyone who votes for (b).

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

storker wrote: »
    Likewise. My own approach, if I was Rick, having defeated the saviours, would be to ask the survivors to vote on whether the way forward lies in (a) collaboration and co-operation with other communities, or (b) continuing the Saviour's "strategy" of murderous parasitism.

Then kill everyone who votes for (b).

:) cos killing has worked out so well in season 6 and 7!!!

sabhail wrote: »
    :) cos killing has worked out so well in season 6 and 7!!!

The problem there was stopping too early. In fairness, that was due to faulty intelligence. If the parasites at the outpost had been the all The Saviours consisted of, then killing would have worked out very nicely.

In the scenario I describe, those people would have indicated the way they intend to carry on. If they were just expelled to fend for themselves, they would just stick together and guess where their first port of call would be for "Negan Mk II"? They would only ever be dangerous parasites instead of contributors so best to get rid of them while it's easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Jull

Can't wait for the next episode!!!! >_< 13/2 please coming soon!! Miss Negan :D I think he's the only evil character I love.

Advertisement