Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 8 | Hearts Still Beating [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry, Mr Nice Guy, I have to disagree with what you said.
    There's no way Maggie would offer someone food.

:D

I was wondering though Why not just bring back some of the stuff they find and stash the rest somewhere outside? Either for themselves or to go towards the next run they do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He's just trolling to me , which is a shame as he frequents the Wrestling board aswell where I value his opinion quite highly

I like this episode myself my one critisicm is of that Rosita sequence is 1st missing from Point Blank Range and then Negan not just killing her

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Biggest problem with this episode.....the 7 episodes that came before it.

Tonight was actually pretty good but suffered from having to cram stuff in that could have been covered before. Not the worst way to go to the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

He's just trolling to me , which is a shame as he frequents the Wrestling board aswell where I value his opinion quite highly

I like this episode myself my one critisicm is of that Rosita sequence is 1st missing from Point Blank Range and then Negan not just killing her

Maybe Negan fancies making her one of his wives. That's what I would do if I was him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

As a "big bad", Negan has gone full retard, he smiles in every scene and is there something wrong with his spinal cord? The way he bends as he delivers his lines, is distracting. There's no humanity or realness about him. There was humanity and realness with The Governor. You could see how The Governor would be a leader. How did a smiling, annoying jerkoff like Negan become a leader?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Fairly meh mid-season ender so at least it's consistent with everything since the season opener. Only upside is no more of Mr. Nice Guys reviews until February, they're more painful than the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I hadn't realised it was the mid season finale til I read this thread, how disappointing! Unfortunately I voted before I knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

As a "big bad", Negan has gone full retard, he smiles in every scene and is there something wrong with his spinal cord? The way he bends as he delivers his lines, is distracting. There's no humanity or realness about him. There was humanity and realness with The Governor. You could see how The Governor would be a leader. How did a smiling, annoying jerkoff like Negan become a leader?

Hitler became a leader and he had zero humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Hitler became a leader and he had zero humanity.
    He didn't bend for no reason and smile like a douche though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Is Negan supposed to be gay?(not that there is anything wrong with that!). It's just his flamboyant acting and the zero interest he showed in any of the women in the harem in the previous episode get's me thinking that. also he has tended to be very focused on a number of the male characters- Rick, Daryll and Carl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thank feck Olivia is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Finally an episode that could follow more than one story arc. I liked this episode. Michone and Daryl showed a ruthless streak. Spencer is a twat but he did understand the importance of all the smaller communities joining together for the greater good.

I'm not a comic reader but I would like to see them overthrow Negan and try and replace his dictatorship with a more democratic way of living. It would be a good way to end the show.

Negan has the numbers but if Alexandria, Hilltop, The Kingdom and The Amazons joined together they would have a substantial army. Plus things aren't rosy in Negan's camp and there'd be plenty of people happy to take him out, as Daryl knows.

It's all a matter of getting the camps to work with each other. The current ruler of the Hilltop won't sanction another hit on Negan. Maggie will have to kick him into early retirement. Tara is the only one who knows about the Amazons. It'll be interesting to see if she honours her promise. At some stage they'll probably cross paths with the Kingdom.

I want to know if Negan's camp start suffering any symptoms of eating 'tainted pigs'. If the stuff Aaron and Rick found is poisoned, Alexandria will get the blame.

As a whole this season was a bit of a chore, mainly due to focusing on one story per week. Now that the gang are back together and hooked up with the Hilltop I hope they will continue to follow more than one arc per episode.

I loved when Daryl and Rick nodded at each other and then had the biggest bear hug ever. I recently watched season 1 and Daryl is the only character who has grown his humanity. The others were all normal, nice people, who had to become hard to survive and lost a lot of their humanity in the process (Carl shot an unarmed kid, Rick ran over a kid etc).

Daryl was an aggressive, racist hick with an explosive temper who only cared about himself and his brother but through the group, he became loyal and caring which was shown when he searched for Sophia, declared that asskicker wasn't going to die and formed a bond with Aaron. I was afraid he had gone over to the dark side when he battered female Olivia but my faith was restored in his humanity when he desperately hugged Rick.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Finally an episode that could follow more than one story arc. I liked this episode. Michone and Daryl showed a ruthless streak.

Did Michonne kill that woman?

Liked the episode, esp seeing Spencer ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

sabhail wrote: »
    Did Michonne kill that woman?

Liked the episode, esp seeing Spencer ...
    I thought she used the silencer to kill her, moved over to the drivers seat and pushed the dead woman into the passenger seat. Then she later burned the car/rolled it into a lake but this wasn't shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

What was the significance of the guy from the Kingdom going into that hidden trailer and smashing the glass

Also, check out the detail on the boots at :30 on the post-credits trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    What was the significance of the guy from the Kingdom going into that hidden trailer and smashing the glass

I guess some sort of minor character familiarity trick. A scene on his own emphasising his frustration with the situation for audience empathy. I'm not sure. Maybe that's where he lived before Ezekiel found him or vice versa. I thought I missed something myself

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I thought he might be stockpiling supplies in case he convinces some of Ezekiel's followers to join him in fighting the Saviours.

I enjoyed the shaving scene at the start - he looks a bit more like comic Negan now (but I do like a bit of stubble).

Also, the kitchen scene was quite creepy, like Negan was acting out the faux-family set-up that he possibly never had pre or post apocalypse.

I enjoyed the water zombies but thought they could have made more of the part when Aaron fell in. He was submerged for about 10 seconds, bobbed to the surface and yelp "I'm fine."

Zombie Spencer was way more interesting than living Spencer.

I'm just glad they didn't insult us with another pointless cliffhanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm still on the fence with Negan, I like the concept of the character but from cooking dinner for Carl and just letting a randomer get killed rather than knocking someone's head off is completely inconsistent.

Having the bullet lodge in Lucille too was laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I enjoyed this one. The boot person / post credit scene is ninja carol back again, I thought that was obvious but maybe I'm wrong? you can see her head when she is taking the binoculars away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Dandelion6 wrote: »

The trailer was full of what looked like petrol and glass bottles for making molotov cocktails. Looked like he was stockpiling and hiding it for an eventual fightback against the Saviors. Think the scene was put in to show his true intentions and capability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

I enjoyed this one. The boot person / post credit scene is ninja carol back again, I thought that was obvious but maybe I'm wrong? you can see her head when she is taking the binoculars away?

I don't think it is, Carol is at the kingdom sulking in her little house. The boot person is there when Rick and Aaron get the boat supplies and then follows them back to Alexandria.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I liked this episode; Negan was as OTT as ever and the gang got back together. A nice happy ending for the mid-season break.

Pity it's so long until the next episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

If it is Carol then it looks like she has pretty big feet. :)

I just really thought it was her doing her sniper from far away thing again. Like she couldn't be arsed listening to anyone elses morals anymore and wants to just step in and help and disappear again whenever she feels like it.

I hope it's not a stupid new character who is going to save us from a cliff hanger by shooting negan when he's about to bash someones head in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Can I just say, though, that the end scene with the camera panning on each of their faces was one of the cheesiest scenes in the show's history.
    I thought this was just a play on scene before they met Lucille... when the camera was panning to each one, except this time they're a bit happier !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

So...I'm guessing Jesus's ramble around the Saviour's compound will have some sort of meaning in the second half of the season? Otherwise it was completely pointless...

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    So...I'm guessing Jesus's ramble around the Saviour's compound will have some sort of meaning in the second half of the season? Otherwise it was completely pointless...

I think he probably passed the note with the key to daryl, and might have done a decent bit of snooping around to know where they should attack etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I think he probably passed the note with the key to daryl, and might have done a decent bit of snooping around to know where they should attack etc

I reckon Dwight's wife passed Daryl the key - if Jesus had the key in his hand why wouldn't he have just opened the door and let Daryl out? Dwight's missus had a lot to lose by being caught with Daryl if she let him out, hence the note under the door...although the key under the door was just odd in general, why didn't she just quickly unlock the door and walk away, replacing the key where she found it? if the key wasn't seen as missing, theoretically that might buy Daryl more time to escape. But anyway, it's just a tv show, it's just a tv show...

I have to say, Spencer had balls to proposition Negan like that (about Rick), in front of Rick's own people at the pool table! Surely, if Negan had agreed to his terms, Spencer was just going to make himself an extremely unpopular leader with a target on his forehead!

that's a good point. the sound of the thundering boots walking up to the door threw me from it being her.. it could have even been dwight himself, the last time we saw him, negan was saying I don't have time to have sex with any of my wives today.. well maybe just one while looking at dwight..

if it was jesus he's too sneaky to be thumping along with big boots and if it was dwights wife well she wouldn't really sound like that either.. so that's where I'm now thinking it could be dwight..

or else as you say it's just a tv show and you can't look that far into it or the note was just so we don't know who did it because they're going to help again later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Who was it wi the boots according to the credits? Please say! My "service provider" does not include the credits ;)

Advertisement