Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Weather for Friday, Saturday & Sunday

• 05-12-2016 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭ Theanswers

Hey Everyone. I'm a long time reader of this forum, but have never asked a question before.

Basically - I am organising a event for next weekend in Sligo. Some people are talking about a storm how do you all feel about next weekends weather. It involves a marquee so I'm hoping to the less wind the better! Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Meteorite58

There is a storm but it is possibly a couple of hundred Kilometers off the West coast Thurs & Fri that said by the present runs it looks quite windy up along the West coast Thurs evening early Fri and wind moderating after that but I would think staying breezy for the rest of Fri. Sat a breeze but should not be a problem and looks at the moment like Sunday will be breezy with winds slowly picking up as the day goes on and should become fresh later in the evening/ early Mon morning.

Still a bit out, the charts have being changing a lot the last couple of days. It would seem that Thurs night / early Fri morning will be the windiest with Fri remaining breezy ( In my very amateur opinion :) , would certainly take a few more opinions and the professionals before making a big decision !)

AJDLQ1V.png?1

Note: Charts below are gusts.

QBDcOMH.gif

Dwpyu3C.gif

KuyNmfk.png

40mPpfH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25,881 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78

id be keeping a very close eye on forecasts for the week and have a backup plan. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭ Oscar Bravo

Meteorite, your contribution to this site is nothing short of outstanding, keep it up :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Meteorite58

Meteorite, your contribution to this site is nothing short of outstanding, keep it up :)

I'm blushing Oscar Bravo :o but thank you for your kind compliment ( I'll be blushing even more if my prediction doesn't materialize :D )

Advertisement