Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weather for Friday, Saturday & Sunday

Options
  • 05-12-2016 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone. I'm a long time reader of this forum, but have never asked a question before.

Basically - I am organising a event for next weekend in Sligo. Some people are talking about a storm how do you all feel about next weekends weather. It involves a marquee so I'm hoping to the less wind the better! Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

There is a storm but it is possibly a couple of hundred Kilometers off the West coast Thurs & Fri that said by the present runs it looks quite windy up along the West coast Thurs evening early Fri and wind moderating after that but I would think staying breezy for the rest of Fri. Sat a breeze but should not be a problem and looks at the moment like Sunday will be breezy with winds slowly picking up as the day goes on and should become fresh later in the evening/ early Mon morning.

Still a bit out, the charts have being changing a lot the last couple of days. It would seem that Thurs night / early Fri morning will be the windiest with Fri remaining breezy ( In my very amateur opinion :) , would certainly take a few more opinions and the professionals before making a big decision !)

AJDLQ1V.png?1

Note: Charts below are gusts.

QBDcOMH.gif

Dwpyu3C.gif

KuyNmfk.png

40mPpfH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

id be keeping a very close eye on forecasts for the week and have a backup plan. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Meteorite, your contribution to this site is nothing short of outstanding, keep it up :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Meteorite, your contribution to this site is nothing short of outstanding, keep it up :)

I'm blushing Oscar Bravo :o but thank you for your kind compliment ( I'll be blushing even more if my prediction doesn't materialize :D )

Advertisement