Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Where do yis get your spiced beef?

• 05-12-2016 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭ evolving_doors

I Usually head down to LIDL but it's small enough for a christmass appetite!
    Where do ye source yeers.

Anyone have a recipe for homemade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭ Simi

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I Usually head down to LIDL but it's small enough for a christmass appetite!
    Where do ye source yeers.

Anyone have a recipe for homemade?

Had to Google it. You cork folk are an interesting bunch. I think I'd like to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bob_sponge

We've got it twice before from Tom Durcan in the English Market in Cork. Great service with next day delivery. It's a big hit in our house. I've had one from Aldi before, this one is so much tastier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭ evolving_doors

Simi wrote: »
    Had to Google it. You cork folk are an interesting bunch. I think I'd like to try it.

Eh! Did you just insinuate I have the misfortune of being a corkonian... I'm traumatised.

Only kidding.

Is this a Cork thing? I thought everyone likes spiced beef

• Site Banned Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭ Second Toughest in_the Freshers

At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

Eh! Did you just insinuate I have the misfortune of being a corkonian... I'm traumatised.

Only kidding.

Is this a Cork thing? I thought everyone likes spiced beef

I'm from Cork. Spiced beef is horrible. :pac:

• Advertisement

At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country?

Yes

I'm from Cork. Spiced beef is horrible. :pac:

Get back to yer tripe and drisheen with ya.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

Get back to yer tripe and drisheen with ya.:)

My least favourite part of the English market! (But also the most fascinating!)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,100 ✭✭✭✭ Zaph

Spiced beef isn't exclusively a Cork thing, I'm from Dublin and my father often had it at Christmas when he was a kid (in the 40s and 50s). He got it once for Christmas at home when I was a kid, he ended up eating it all by himself as everyone else in the family agreed it was rotten.

Advertisement