Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where do yis get your spiced beef?

• 05-12-2016 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

I Usually head down to LIDL but it's small enough for a christmass appetite!
    Where do ye source yeers.

Anyone have a recipe for homemade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I Usually head down to LIDL but it's small enough for a christmass appetite!
    Where do ye source yeers.

Anyone have a recipe for homemade?

Had to Google it. You cork folk are an interesting bunch. I think I'd like to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bob_sponge

We've got it twice before from Tom Durcan in the English Market in Cork. Great service with next day delivery. It's a big hit in our house. I've had one from Aldi before, this one is so much tastier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Simi wrote: »
    Had to Google it. You cork folk are an interesting bunch. I think I'd like to try it.

Eh! Did you just insinuate I have the misfortune of being a corkonian... I'm traumatised.

Only kidding.

Is this a Cork thing? I thought everyone likes spiced beef

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Eh! Did you just insinuate I have the misfortune of being a corkonian... I'm traumatised.

Only kidding.

Is this a Cork thing? I thought everyone likes spiced beef

I'm from Cork. Spiced beef is horrible. :pac:

• Advertisement

At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country?

Yes

I'm from Cork. Spiced beef is horrible. :pac:

Get back to yer tripe and drisheen with ya.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Get back to yer tripe and drisheen with ya.:)

My least favourite part of the English market! (But also the most fascinating!)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Spiced beef isn't exclusively a Cork thing, I'm from Dublin and my father often had it at Christmas when he was a kid (in the 40s and 50s). He got it once for Christmas at home when I was a kid, he ended up eating it all by himself as everyone else in the family agreed it was rotten.

Advertisement