Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 7 | Sing Me A Song [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 02-12-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Episode 7 - "Sing Me A Song"

Airdate - December 4th on AMC at 9/8c | December 5th on FOX UK at 9PM
    A deeper look at the Sanctuary and the world of the Saviors; members of Alexandria look for supplies.

**This is an extended 90 minute episode, including commercials.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 105 votes

0%
    2%
    BlazerrobertpattersonRosie Rant 3 votes
    4%
    princemuzzycavemeisterPaul_Mc1988ebbsyFox Hound 5 votes
    13%
    GonzoTerrorFirmerCollie Dskipper_GmojesiusCasey78langer91irish_stevo815brianregan09redrumsshane.kelledycrustyblaThe Talking Bread 14 votes
    24%
    NUTZZDuffThat_Guypromethiussandra40Shane St.rednogginricerofranklyonCiano35dr.kenneth noisewaterMonifeCrackleOmackeralbrijayLetsdoitMagpie1951coolisinfima[Deleted User] 26 votes
    21%
    La_GordySleepybofRob30888xtal191Baby4claivaarch_stantonDeedsieuncleoswaldlouthguy25Sudden Valleypc7Staplormunster87RothkoForeign SportsduffysfarmjohnrunsMac B 23 votes
    6%
    facemanLone StoneFreudianSlippersMockbaSubaciofreewheelerBanjaxed82 7 votes
    3%
    charlietheminxxdirtydenLionbackerAgent Coulson 4 votes
    11%
    leche solaramuckwarriormuppetkillerCrookedJackfrashDvBDarth MelkorRothmansdavo2001TrueItGraigmanliamTreetop23 12 votes
    5%
    dexter647MrLaurelDigibyGwynplainezmgakt7uw2dvfsCeit26 6 votes
    "I'm never watching the show again...unitl next week" :pac:
    4%
    Mr.Nice GuyHazysSlattsyJaCrispyOodoov 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

So 65 minutes then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

deco nate wrote: »
    So 65 minutes then :)

Yep, hence the 'including commercials' part! The last episode was slightly extended too, by about 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Yep, hence the 'including commercials' part! The last episode was slightly extended too, by about 10 minutes.

Yea, I hate when a station promotes a show as 90 minutes and 25 of it are ads. Not even a double episode, just gets my goat.

Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ooh my favorite the walking dead comments !!"!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,033 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I have a feeling this is going to be a good episode for some reason :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ok episode.
    Set ball rolling for M.S. Finale.

Far too clogged with character diversions though, Spencer is just an unwatchable character but obviously he is being set up for something noteworthy, plot wise.

The Carl and Neagan route is far too comicky I imagine for a lot of people bu Dean-Morgan had some very good presence, regardless of the oft unbelievable nature of his actions. The Judith situation, whilst creepy was just far too unbelievable. carl just sitting there whilst watching a psychopath he wants to kill apparently cradeling his sister. No backup defence for Neagan also.......

Carl's revenge mission also far too comicy but I don't mind as I relate the show to the comics from this juncture.

Rosita and Eugene scenes good.

Michonne at her best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Negan: Carl sing me a song

Carl: ♬♪ We're on Easy Street ♬♪♪♫♫♫♫ and it feels so sweet ♪♪♪♪♬♪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Another odd episode in a very odd season. Another heavy dose of Negan when we've some very heavy doses already. And more stooooopid situations that you just had to roll your eyes to. Still, it was better than last week and probably the week before that...

The pacing is all over the shop again. From having been in a situation where we had one story per episode we now have five of them (I think) packed into 60 minutes (it was another extended episode)! Why not have Rick and Aaron in last week's episode? Or Michonne's. It would have made far more sense.

The Negan scenes are of course way over the top but if they had cut back on his earlier involvement he might have come across as more intimidating. For someone who brutally wiped out two of the main characters in the show he just doesn't pose much of a threat now. I did laugh at some of his scenes, particularly after one of his flunkies had brought Lucille to him. 'Did you pet her little pussy like a lady? I'm just screwing around, man. A baseball bat doesn't have a pussy!' And I did laugh when Olivia told him they were practically starving..the look on Negan's face :pac:

I mentioned in a previous post that Negan is like a new toy they can't resist showing off and they're still at it.

But the Spencer stuff....Jeeeeeesuzzzzzz. He happens to find that walker up the tree at almost the exact spot that Gabriel got out of the car, he then finds a note written in Latin which in turn leads him to a treasure chest of supplies but fear not folks...Spencer can read Latin!!

Correct me if I'm wrong here but we are about to hit episode 8 and we've seen more of Tara than we have Maggie, Carol, Morgan and Sasha. What gives here? Were the actors all off doing other work? If so they'd want to sort their schedules out a lot better. It's just staggering how little action those four have seen. The mid-season finale is shaping up to be an awful mess at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Its about time the writers gave Carl a new look. Im sick at looking at that damn hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Not a bad episode the situation in the Negan camp is fascinating if not a bit too unbelievable that none of his troops, who he treats like cr@p have not offed him yet. Rosita et al from Rick's camp had a few good scenes too. Perhaps TWD can continue to write more than one storyline per episode and amaze us all.

Not a bad episode the situation in the Negan camp is fascinating if not a bit too unbelievable that none of his troops, who he treats like cr@p have not offed him yet. Rosita et al from Rick's camp had a few good scenes too. Perhaps TWD can continue to write more than one storyline per episode and amaze us all.

Sorry to break the news but next week is an Olivia backstory plotline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It had promise at the start of the episode but overall I was bored.

"I'm never watching the show again...unitl next week :P"

Bravo, poll maker!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This episode was absolutely dreadful.

Things started off okay enough but nosedived when we got to Carl. What an utterly cringeworthy scene with him and the gun. This was so hokey, bad and unrealistic that I was convinced this was a dream sequence. I was convinced Enid was going to rollerskate in and hug Carl, placing his hat atop her head and proclaiming 'My hero!' and you know what, I'd have been fine with that. At least that would have been less insulting than Billy the Kid here killing 2 men without consequences.

And that brings us to my old pal, and our arch villain, Austin Tatious aka Negan aka prancing irritant. Man, was he absolutely insufferable in this episode and not in the good way - 'I can't wait until this guy gets his comeuppance' but in the bad way - 'people seriously find the acting involved here impressive?' This was the most OTT, poorly acted display of pseudo macho flamboyance that I've ever seen in an episodic TV show - and that's coming from a pro wrestling fan.

We then had a terrible wide camera pan featuring impaled walkers doing what can only be described as a wedding dance. At this point I knew this episode wasn't going to be a classic.

Then we find ourselves back with our villain - the guy who everyone seems to despise and fear but yet inexplicably tolerate - and he has brought Billy the Kid along with him. So having been told at the start of the season that the big bad guy doesn't tolerate terrible things being done to his men, we find that's a tad exaggerated as the guy who just offed two of his crew is now his wingman. And he actually called Carl a badass. Are we really sure this episode wasn't a dream sequence?

Our villain bullies a sweet young blonde woman and at this point it became clear what the writers plan was for this episode: people seem to be hating the current season and the focus on OTT new characters. Solution? We must convince these stubborn fans that our villain is a really scary bad guy! Then we have a kiss with the wife of Dwight, conveniently just before Dwight walked in! See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy! And apparently has super hearing. No wonder they tolerate him.

We then get a breather from the irritant and switch to a car ride featuring Gabriel and Spencer with some of the most awkward acting you'll see all season. Ho ho, and Gabriel said the word sh*t! Oh what a fun guy he now is! It was well worth bumping off Abraham to keep around this riveting character!

Then we return to Russell Bland aka Negan and he is now demanding Carl reveal his wound. He makes him cry. See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy! This was a wasted opportunity for a 'Socket to me' joke. But there's still time, I guess. A fat man comes in and brings our bad guy his bat, Lucille - the better actor of the pair. "A baseball bat doesn’t have a pussy" our villain declares. Oh, I dunno. I reckon your bat does. About a 6 foot one with a scarf...

Our villain then makes Carl sing a song, reducing him to tears as he swings the bat. See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy!

Later things got worse as Carl seemed to take the abuse in good humour, and the recent brutal killing of his friends in his stride, shouting and issuing demands and even goading his captor. Again, are we really sure this wasn't a dream sequence? For this to be reality would make Carl the dumbest character on TV. He's become Catherine Tate basically. Bash my friend's head in? Mutilate people? Am I bovvered?

Just when you thought this episode couldn't get any more absurd we have our big baddie head to Rick's house where he begins to make a fat joke to a large woman. See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy! When even the character himself finds this beyond belief, you know the episode has jumped the shark, turned back, and somersaulted over it again.

And if that wasn't enough, we get him playing with the baby. Ooh, sinister! See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy!

What were some of the dastardly scenes that didn't make the cut this week, I wonder? Perhaps we'll get these extras in the DVD release. The scene where he bashes a newly born puppy in the head, the scene where he bumps an old woman off her disability scooter, the scene where he knocks on a neighbour's door and when they answer...he isn't there! See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy!

This was 75 minutes of utter trash. Woeful, OTT acting with absolutely no redeemable qualities whatsoever. One of the worst episodes they've ever done, and par for the course this season. I give it a generous 1.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

^^^^This guy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Jesus Negan is such a boring character. Completely ruined the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭munster87

This episode was absolutely dreadful.

Things started off okay enough but nosedived when we got to Carl. What an utterly cringeworthy scene with him and the gun. This was so hokey, bad and unrealistic that I was convinced this was a dream sequence. I was convinced Enid was going to rollerskate in and hug Carl, placing his hat atop her head and proclaiming 'My hero!' and you know what, I'd have been fine with that. At least that would have been less insulting than Billy the Kid here killing 2 men without consequences.

And that brings us to my old pal, and our arch villain, Austin Tatious aka Negan aka prancing irritant. Man, was he absolutely insufferable in this episode and not in the good way - 'I can't wait until this guy gets his comeuppance' but in the bad way - 'people seriously find the acting involved here impressive?' This was the most OTT, poorly acted display of pseudo macho flamboyance that I've ever seen in an episodic TV show - and that's coming from a pro wrestling fan.

We then had a terrible wide camera pan featuring impaled walkers doing what can only be described as a wedding dance. At this point I knew this episode wasn't going to be a classic.

Then we find ourselves back with our villain - the guy who everyone seems to despise and fear but yet inexplicably tolerate - and he has brought Billy the Kid along with him. So having been told at the start of the season that the big bad guy doesn't tolerate terrible things being done to his men, we find that's a tad exaggerated as the guy who just offed two of his crew is now his wingman. And he actually called Carl a badass. Are we really sure this episode wasn't a dream sequence?

Our villain bullies a sweet young blonde woman and at this point it became clear what the writers plan was for this episode: people seem to be hating the current season and the focus on OTT new characters. Solution? We must convince these stubborn fans that our villain is a really scary bad guy! Then we have a kiss with the wife of Dwight, conveniently just before Dwight walked in! See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy! And apparently has super hearing. No wonder they tolerate him.

We then get a breather from the irritant and switch to a car ride featuring Gabriel and Spencer with some of the most awkward acting you'll see all season. Ho ho, and Gabriel said the word sh*t! Oh what a fun guy he now is! It was well worth bumping off Abraham to keep around this riveting character!

Then we return to Russell Bland aka Negan and he is now demanding Carl reveal his wound. He makes him cry. See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy! This was a wasted opportunity for a 'Socket to me' joke. But there's still time, I guess. A fat man comes in and brings our bad guy his bat, Lucille - the better actor of the pair. "A baseball bat doesn’t have a pussy" our villain declares. Oh, I dunno. I reckon your bat does. About a 6 foot one with a scarf...

Our villain then makes Carl sing a song, reducing him to tears as he swings the bat. See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy!

Later things got worse as Carl seemed to take the abuse in good humour, and the recent brutal killing of his friends in his stride, shouting and issuing demands and even goading his captor. Again, are we really sure this wasn't a dream sequence? For this to be reality would make Carl the dumbest character on TV. He's become Catherine Tate basically. Bash my friend's head in? Mutilate people? Am I bovvered?

Just when you thought this episode couldn't get any more absurd we have our big baddie head to Rick's house where he begins to make a fat joke to a large woman. See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy! When even the character himself finds this beyond belief, you know the episode has jumped the shark, turned back, and somersaulted over it again.

And if that wasn't enough, we get him playing with the baby. Ooh, sinister! See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy!

What were some of the dastardly scenes that didn't make the cut this week, I wonder? Perhaps we'll get these extras in the DVD release. The scene where he bashes a newly born puppy in the head, the scene where he bumps an old woman off her disability scooter, the scene where he knocks on a neighbour's door and when they answer...he isn't there! See fans? Our villain is a really bad guy!

This was 75 minutes of utter trash. Woeful, OTT acting with absolutely no redeemable qualities whatsoever. One of the worst episodes they've ever done, and par for the course this season. I give it a generous 1.

I hope you pull through this difficult period

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Why did Spencer run off into the woods when Gabriel left the car? I thought he was going to kill Gabriel but then got distracted by the walker in the tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,237 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm convinced carl had a personality transplant at some stage in that ep.

He goes from suicide mission murder bloodlust to zero in ten mins. Ample opportunity to attack negan, the pschyo who murdered his friends, and does nothing. He's supposed to be psycho enough to go on a suicide mission but won't hit him in the head with lucelle when his back is turned?

What's more, within one ep this turnaround is.complete as the show.actually hints at home starting to possibly tolerate negan and actually let's him hold his baby sister????

Mental altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I am finding it very hard to understand why nobody has offed Negan yet. He has the women in his own personal harem, tortures and humiliates the men and literally has everyone on their knees. One bullet! I doubt there'd be too much of a rush for retribution.

What was the contraption with the walker up the tree? Can anyone explain the crossbow?

Also, anyone else think of Omar from The Wire when Michonne was walking down the road whistling?

Spencer looking to avoid the high tax band with his purple electric car :pac:

https://twitter.com/iJustin2014/status/805911086260244481

noodler wrote: »
    I'm convinced carl had a personality transplant at some stage in that ep.

He goes from suicide mission murder bloodlust to zero in ten mins. Ample opportunity to attack negan, the pschyo who murdered his friends, and does nothing. He's supposed to be psycho enough to go on a suicide mission but won't hit him in the head with lucelle when his back is turned?

What's more, within one ep this turnaround is.complete as the show.actually hints at home starting to possibly tolerate negan and actually let's him hold his baby sister????

Mental altogether.

Chandler Riggs is so lucky he got that role when he was a kid because there isnt a hope in hell if he auditioned for it now he would get it. He is painful to watch!

Collie D wrote: »
    I am finding it very hard to understand why nobody has offed Negan yet. He has the women in his own personal harem, tortures and humiliates the men and literally has everyone on their knees. One bullet! I doubt there'd be too much of a rush for retribution.

What was the contraption with the walker up the tree? Can anyone explain the crossbow?

Also, anyone else think of Omar from The Wire when Michonne was walking down the road whistling?

a sniper that got shot I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I enjoyed this episode for the most part, much better than last week's anyway.

The one thing that really annoyed the **** out of me is Carl goes through the trouble of getting to Negan's compound, kills one of his men (at that point seems to be in the mindset of "**** the consequences"), but when the chance to kill Negan presents itself he doesn't take it. I know it's a common thing that happens in movies and tv shows for plot convenience, so not exclusive to TWD, but is still no less annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,619 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

This episode felt much snappier than anything else so far this season. I enjoyed it, I actually felt some menace at points which has been lacking a bit for me. And a couple of moments I found myself laughing quite a lot (not in the laughing cause it's so bad way). I don't mind the fact we covered a few parallel strands, anything is better than a single slow moving episode focused on a solitary strand.

The show is very much following the comic juncture at this stage and it was at this stage in the comics Kirkmann must have been smoking something herbal as he got carried away with the plot! That is why it is losing it's appeal with many I suppose.

I read the comics (they are online) so I still am very much embracing it and not too disgruntled with the eyebrow raising situations and personas that are appearing on screen. But I do empathise with others that can't embrace the fact that it is using heavy comic content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Boring boring......the Negan character they just haven't built up on the promise of the 1st episode ....it's all become very meh

"I'm never watching the show again...unitl next week :P"

Bravo, poll maker!

I felt people needed the extra option this week after the last few episodes and a numeric value just couldn't cut it!

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I felt people needed the extra option this week after the last few episodes and a numeric value just couldn't cut it!

At least Mr Nice Guy gave it a one! And has given up on his "I'm giving up on it crusade of the last few seasons":D

Progress!

Advertisement