Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N24 Accident - again !!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Just saw 2 trucks side by side going flat out between the Fiddown and Piltown junction.
    1 in each lane, 2 of them going the same speed, with cars Q'ed up behind them ....

CRAZY !!!! now thats stupid drivers, nothing to do with road layout .........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

JimTreacy wrote: »
    Did you know anybody killed on that stretch of road I did.

With all due respect, what had that got to do with the topic? Leave the emotion aside, do you really think they're going to have an endless pit to sort this? They'll have to work within whatever budget allows

greenspurs wrote: »
    Just saw 2 trucks side by side going flat out between the Fiddown and Piltown junction.
    1 in each lane, 2 of them going the same speed, with cars Q'ed up behind them ....

CRAZY !!!! now thats stupid drivers, nothing to do with road layout .........

Happens daily on the M9! Extremely irritating and obstructive to other traffic but not as dangerous as what you describe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

road_high wrote: »
    With all due respect, what had that got to do with the topic? Leave the emotion aside, do you really think they're going to have an endless pit to sort this? They'll have to work within whatever budget allows
    Have you a problem attidude

Did I say they had an endless pit to sort this out fair play to you think that my intelligence is like a cow stool in a field. Whats your suggestion you laughed welcomed me to the real world if the job was done right in the first place there wouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement

Did I say they had an endless pit to sort this out fair play to you think that my intelligence is like a cow stool in a field. Whats your suggestion you laughed welcomed me to the real world if the job was done right in the first place there wouldn't be a problem.

Fully grade separated Junction as I inferred before. But knowing how these things work I'd be surprised if that'll happen.
    Well of course, that's why we are discussing it here...if it were designed properly there wouldn't be a problem..,

No, but you take an overly emotional approach to discussion which is extremely tedious

No, but you take an overly emotional approach to discussion which is extremely tedious
    Sorry for been such a bore you seem to have an opinion on a lot of things are you a taxi man that has to have an opinion on how the country is run when you get in with them you have to listen to them going on and on, or did you work on the road design feel guilty all the people that were killed or are you a general arsehole that bores everybody. My dear person I have a fair idea how the world works especially in civil engineering one thing in this country accountabillaty is a joke .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This is a discussion forum, people are allowed and encouraged to disagree and give an alternative perspective. Your views may be questioned, it is up to you to answer. Accusing someone of having an attitude problem because they disagree with you is not adding to the discussion.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Sorry for been such a bore you seem to have an opinion on a lot of things are you a taxi man that has to have an opinion on how the country is run when you get in with them you have to listen to them going on and on, or did you work on the road design feel guilty all the people that were killed or are you a general arsehole that bores everybody. My dear person I have a fair idea how the world works especially in civil engineering one thing in this country accountabillaty is a joke .

LOL
    *hate to be a grammar nazi but being is the word you're looking for

Is that your rant over or should we brace ourselves for more?

• Advertisement

Happens daily on the M9! Extremely irritating and obstructive to other traffic but not as dangerous as what you describe
    Do you think so ?
    Would it become dangerous when the 2 lanes merge into one lane ? One of them has to give way....

Do you think so ?
    Would it become dangerous when the 2 lanes merge into one lane ? One of them has to give way....

Yes that's what I'm saying. It's very dangerous on the N24.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭JohnC.

"Elephant racing" isn't it? I think it would be illegal on the M9 (and motorways in general). Not sure about the overtaking lanes on the N24.

LOL
    *hate to be a grammar nazi but being is the word you're looking for

Is that your rant over or should we brace ourselves for more?
    I don't get a star this week.

This is a discussion forum, people are allowed and encouraged to disagree and give an alternative perspective. Your views may be questioned, it is up to you to answer. Accusing someone of having an attitude problem because they disagree with you is not adding to the discussion. [/QUOTE
    He started it he said to me welcome to the real world he thought the moss was growing over my eyes, I will put him on my ignore list as a person with deep knowledge of the situation he kept trying to be a no all.

Yes that's what I'm saying. It's very dangerous on the N24.

No....
    You said " not as dangerous as you describe " when i mentioned it ?? :confused:

No....
    You said " not as dangerous as you describe " when i mentioned it ?? :confused:

I was referring to the motorway...:confused:

I was referring to the motorway...:confused:

Its a DUAL CARRIAGEWAY in places (2-1 system) ..... N24 is not a motorway.

So the Trucks driving alongside each other isnt dangerous?
    The N24 isnt dangerous ? :confused:

What do they mean a right turning lane at Thatch Junction? Isn't there one there already?

• Advertisement

If you are heading towards Carrick there isnt a right hand turning lane..
    But if you are coming from Carrick, there is a right turn off lane , if you want to turn right off just past Grannagh Castle.

Of course! How did I forget about cars turning up by the Thatch.

Work started on the N24 Piltown turnoff yesterday.

Well, they started work on the Garda parking bay on the side of the road !?!?!!

Priorities ............. :(

Another accident on the N24 on Sunday afternoon.

It happened at the turn off at the "Ink Bottle" .

The Garda parking bays are coming along nicely though ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyHilfiger

Is this going to be sorted out at long last too many have suffered.

Yes , due to start work , and completed by 2019 (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

No test holes dug yet and I’d say nothing will start for a minimum of 8 months. Go in and out that turn off often. The biggest cause of accidents is people’s stupidity and turning on the junction. This new layout is madness as people will use the tower road as a short cut

• Advertisement

Work started in January.

It is motoring along ...

Bridge being put in place at the end of this month, N24 closed for 2-3 days while its being put in.

Its a shame that the Tower will be on the side of a roundabout, but ....... 😣

Advertisement