Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

https://store.google.com/product/google_nest_hub

Also saw the Google Home is down to £39.99 on the Curry's UK website in case anyone missed it in Bargain Alerts. Yes a new one is on the way but for €50 quid or so once you factor in Parcel Motel it's a great price.

I was going to get a google hub max at some point in the future but for this price hard to resist the standard hub.

ps new google home on the way?

edit i forgot i read about the new home coming shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Shlippery wrote: »
    Brilliant - was hunting down a second hub! - is there a new one of these on the way too- or just the google home?

I don't think there's a new device with a screen on the way but I could be wrong. I'm overly kitted out with the Google Home, multiple mini's, the Hub Max & several Lenovo Smart Clocks but the Hub will be good on the fridge in the kitchen. Older devices are good to give away to family members that don't yet have a smart device.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

35% off Hue Starter kits on Amazon today...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

35% off Hue Starter kits on Amazon today...

Hmmmm.... need a couple of GU10s. Wonder if there'll be a better offer in the revised prime day

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

OU812 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... need a couple of GU10s. Wonder if there'll be a better offer in the revised prime day

Yup I need 4 more gu10’s to finish off the house but don’t really want to buy a 3 pack with hub and a single bulb also had some other purchases to make this month meaning the credit card’s a little worse for wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Yup I need 4 more gu10’s to finish off the house but don’t really want to buy a 3 pack with hub and a single bulb also had some other purchases to make this month meaning the credit card’s a little worse for wear.

Just moved house and needed a lot of GU10... ordered GLEDOPTO from AliExpress. Working flawlessly with hue bridge. Just a consideration for ye. Have their lightstips too and highly recommend.

I bought in batches of 8 and as they are packed tightly, they skipped customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Just moved house and needed a lot of GU10... ordered GLEDOPTO from AliExpress. Working flawlessly with hue bridge. Just a consideration for ye. Have their lightstips too and highly recommend.

Have you a link to the exact ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,297 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Which ones did you get? Wide angle or spot?

ted1 wrote: »

I got these (120 degrees)

€ 16,96 51%OFF | ZIGBEE smart home LED gu10 bulb RGB+CCT color change 5W smart led spotlight AC100-240V led dual white light work with echo plus
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_dZNzE0G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭sundodger5

€ 16,96 51%OFF | ZIGBEE smart home LED gu10 bulb RGB+CCT color change 5W smart led spotlight AC100-240V led dual white light work with echo plus

One of the comments on that page mentions a 2 second lag at power on.
    Is that the case with these?

• Advertisement

sundodger5 wrote: »
    One of the comments on that page mentions a 2 second lag at power on.
    Is that the case with these?

I don't notice any lag but my lights are (mostly) triggered from motion sensors (using home assistant automation) so maybe I just don't notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 denisfarran

Single Eufycam 2c down £18 to £71.99 on Amazon UK.
    Lowest it’s ever been was £69.99.

eufy Security eufyCam 2C Wireless Home Security Add-on Camera, Requires HomeBase 2, 180-Day Battery Life, HD 1080p, No Monthly Fee https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XCC3GDX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pmotFbYAHKXG4

15%-20% vouchers on Eufy starter packs & the wireless doorbells.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

ted1 wrote: »

Does anyone know what the beam angle is with standard HUE GU10. These look great and AFAIK these work with HUE app and homekit.
    Maybe you can confirm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

38 I believe

Does anyone know what the beam angle is with standard HUE GU10. These look great and AFAIK these work with HUE app and homekit.
    Maybe you can confirm :)

What I can say is I've placed 4 in a row on a hall approx 4m long and 1.4m wide and the Gledopto GU10s light it perfectly (and evenly!)

What I can say is I've placed 4 in a row on a hall approx 4m long and 1.4m wide and the Gledopto GU10s light it perfectly (and evenly!)

Did you put in the 30° or the 120° bulbs :)

Did you put in the 30° or the 120° bulbs :)

From earlier post...

From earlier post...

Stupid me not reading post properly :D

Edit: Also forgot to ask. does anyone know if these bulbs work with hue switches :) . I cant find anything on reddit etc

Stupid me not reading post properly :D

Edit: Also forgot to ask. does anyone know if these bulbs work with hue switches :) . I cant find anything on reddit etc

Yes, they add as just another bulb so can be controlled as such.

2 Differences.... they don't take software updates VIA Hue (to be expected)
    You cannot control their "power on behaviour"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Single Eufycam 2c down £18 to £71.99 on Amazon UK.
    Lowest it’s ever been was £69.99.

eufy Security eufyCam 2C Wireless Home Security Add-on Camera, Requires HomeBase 2, 180-Day Battery Life, HD 1080p, No Monthly Fee https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XCC3GDX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pmotFbYAHKXG4

15%-20% vouchers on Eufy starter packs & the wireless doorbells.

Only spotting this today, but I've a tracker on this for some time and bought 2 on Monday (I got the Video Doorbell a few weeks back so the single cams were exactly what I needed, no extra hubs required :D ) They're due to arrive today, super excited!!! :D:D

Has anyone had these set up for a while now and can give some feedback on responsiveness of motion detection-to-video? And battery life - seen some posts that's it's closer to 30 days than 180 (my doorbell battery will probably last about 100 days based on current battery level and time it's been up - first cycle)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 denisfarran

AngelaRI wrote: »
    Only spotting this today, but I've a tracker on this for some time and bought 2 on Monday (I got the Video Doorbell a few weeks back so the single cams were exactly what I needed, no extra hubs required :D ) They're due to arrive today, super excited!!! :D:D

Has anyone had these set up for a while now and can give some feedback on responsiveness of motion detection-to-video? And battery life - seen some posts that's it's closer to 30 days than 180 (my doorbell battery will probably last about 100 days based on current battery level and time it's been up - first cycle)

I got the wireless doorbell on July 25th. It's now at 3/5 bars in the battery monitor.
    Added the 2c camera on August 15th. That's on 4/5 bars.
    (Bought them from Amazon.fr. Worked out cheaper than UK pricing even after adding shipping)

Both cameras averaging about 20 notifications a day. (I'm still fiddling with sensitivities on both cameras.)

On these numbers, the doorbell should be good for about 17 weeks, & the 2c should get 10 weeks, or more.

Another 2c, ordered from UK at £71.99, Monday, landed in the door this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭deezell

Amazon Alexa Smart plug in Argos reduced to €20.65

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8685111.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Spotted these in Deals on Moore St for 8e each, packaging claims they work with Alexa & Google Home.

Might be a cheap option for anyone looking to get into home automation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

DanC90 wrote: »
    Spotted these in Deals on Moore St for 8e each, packaging claims they work with Alexa & Google Home.

I have a fire TV stick, would that be suitable alexa wise?

(sorry I'm new to all this as we just got broadband for the first time)

I have a fire TV stick, would that be suitable alexa wise?

(sorry I'm new to all this as we just got broadband for the first time)

If you have the fire stick with the Alexa voice remote then I'd imagine it should be fine but I don't own any Alexa devices so couldn't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

If you have the fire stick with the Alexa voice remote then I'd imagine it should be fine but I don't own any Alexa devices so couldn't say for sure.

I'm not sure myself if it's enough or do I need an echo dot etc, maybe someone could enlighten me

I'm not sure myself if it's enough or do I need an echo dot etc, maybe someone could enlighten me

If you do need one I also just seen an offer of a 3rd Gen Echo dot for 99p when you sign up to Amazon music. The article states you have to be a prime member but new to Amazon music so not quite sure how that all works, I thought Amazon music was free for prime users but again someone use to that ecosystem might be able to explain it better than I can
    https://www.standard.co.uk/tech/amazon-prime-echo-dot-deal-a4540601.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

If you do need one I also just seen an offer of a 3rd Gen Echo dot for 99p when you sign up to Amazon music. The article states you have to be a prime member but new to Amazon music so not quite sure how that all works, I thought Amazon music was free for prime users but again someone use to that ecosystem might be able to explain it better than I can
    https://www.standard.co.uk/tech/amazon-prime-echo-dot-deal-a4540601.html

This deal is now gone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

TP Link Tapo Mini - £19.99

Tapo Pan Tilt - £24.99

Handy as it has Alexa and Google integration. I got rid of two older 'Chinese' IP cameras and replaced them with these. Simple setup and a reasonable picture quality. I got one to cover a blind spot that a Nest outdoor camera doesn't cover and I've just bought another one which I'll find a use for somewhere else.

Well worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Decided to give one of these a go as it would be nice to start replacing the engenie/MiHome equipment. Managed to get it into setup mode once (flashing bulb), but wouldn't connect via Bluetooth, and no matter how many times I flick the light switch, cannot get it back into setup mode again. Anyone else try these and have better luck? Certainly seems to be a case of 'you get what you pay for'.

Advertisement