Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Classic looking car radios

• 27-11-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭ Thinkingaboutit

I've been meaning to replace the non working radio in my Wolseley 16/60. It was something I got for little enough off Ebay and it replaced some similar unit. The original unit was smaller than the slot, so a decently skilled effort reducing the area with extra and matching wood veneer was done.

Now one option could be to try get an AM-FM conversion to an old OEM unit off Ebay, but I think it better to get something modern that visually blends in, but there is a risk with an old unit. However, the conversion largely replaced the old, possible wonky guts, so maybe.

This was one I quickly found from a search. A speaker probably necessary too, as the output would be wasted with a decades old unit.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭ macplaxton

Is the car positive or negative earth?

Must of been the late sixites when they changed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭ Thinkingaboutit

Neg earth, for nearly 10 years, changing made the clock go haywire, so I disconnected it.

bump

412174.png

mfw when no one has any suggestion...

Window washer working again tho.

Someone at the IVVCC First Monday meeting might have an idea.

7" x 3" is the size of the slot. I'll find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ Car99

412174.png

mfw when no one has any suggestion...

Window washer working again tho.

Someone at the IVVCC First Monday meeting might have an idea.

7" x 3" is the size of the slot. I'll find something.

http://www.classiccarstereo.co.uk/autosound-car-radio.html

• Advertisement

Car99 wrote: »

Thanks, a bit expensive, but that may be the price. I have to say they should give dimensions. I can't guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ Car99

Thanks, a bit expensive, but that may be the price. I have to say they should give dimensions. I can't guess.

Standard single din size I would guess, email or ring them to confirm sizes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭ macplaxton

Nah, 7" x 2" perhaps? 3" sounds too tall.

Plenty of old 2 spindle mount stuff around, depends how period correct you wish to be.

4.jpg

Advertisement