Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Christmas Song Are You Listening To?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

BBC RB1 have 80's Christmas Party, only about 30 minutes on a loop but some favourites and this... How did Honey G miss this for a Christmas number 1? (Be grateful for small mercies.)

"Yule log, egg nog... Christmas tree, I say Honey, you say G.":)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I just happened across this version :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I went to an Irish secondary school and that's one of the few songs I still sing in Irish when I hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭NedLowry

RIP Rick Parfitt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That song will take such a deeper meaning from now on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Hopefully someone here can help me out. I can't for the life of me find this song, I've been searching on youtube and spotify for ages and no luck.

It's a kind of old, probably British or Irish song. It's quite upbeat, and the main component I can think of is a flute or whistle. I also can't think of any lyrics, I'm almost certain it's wholly instrumental.

It's possibly similar to Stop the Cavalry by Jona Lewie. To my mind it has a similar sound and feel. Also it may not be specifically Christmas, but I'd always associate it with Christmas and pretty sure it would appear on some Christmas albums.

Sorry there's so little to go on, maybe someone will have some clue of what I'm talking about. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mike Oldfield - In Dulci Jubilo?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Zaph wrote: »
    Mike Oldfield - In Dulci Jubilo?

Unbelievable! I don't know how you managed that with the terrible description I gave, thanks very much!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fantastic shout there Zaph!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Feliz Navidad has been in my head the past three days. Been humming it to myself that even my mother has started singing it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Listening to this just now...

g'nite and good morning christmas forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

A lively one

Posted this one before, but worth it imo.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Ryan Sheridan walking in the air always a favourite

https://youtu.be/B15iRRlSJwI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

REALLY loving this one all over again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Thin Lizzy Top Of The Pops!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

Looking for some help, was in a cafe there and heard a song on the radio.. now for the good bit, I can only describe it as having a sort of carnival, fun fair or like a music box type of Melody to it.. it's definitely an older song and am sure it had kids singing the song, any help appreciated, I'd love to find it..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You don't remember what radio station it was, by chance? Also, was it a "Christmassy" song or a "normal" one?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

New Home wrote: »
    You don't remember what radio station it was, by chance? Also, was it a "Christmassy" song or a "normal" one?

No idea, it could of been the radio or a compilation CD.. it was definitely a Christmas song, I've heard it a few times before but it wouldn't be considered one of the main Christmas songs..

sjoyce87 wrote: »
    Looking for some help, was in a cafe there and heard a song on the radio.. now for the good bit, I can only describe it as having a sort of carnival, fun fair or like a music box type of Melody to it.. it's definitely an older song and am sure it had kids singing the song, any help appreciated, I'd love to find it..
    Hmmm..... ? Marshmallow World ? ..not exactly a music box type tho

sjoyce87 wrote: »

will throw up a few vintage ones, just in case...

^ and a mix of kids songs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Jerry Butler - O Holy Night

The most beautiful version I've ever heard of this...

Mick Flannery & Kate Walsh - Christmas Past

Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree

Darlene Love - Baby Please Come Home

Advertisement