Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of these garments?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Every girls crazy bout a sharp dressed man.

• Site Banned Posts: 391 ✭✭paralysed

Every girls crazy bout a sharp dressed man.
    Well yeah, but does that mean you like them too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

That jacket is gross with the plastic looking neck warmer thingy on the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Look how much I spend on clothes!!

Head off down to Dunnes there and you'll deck yourself out for the same prices as it'll cost just to ship that lot

Bar the shoes, none of its nice imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

paralysed wrote: »
    What do you think of these garments?
    <snip>
    I don't care what you say

Okely dokely then

• Advertisement

learn_more wrote: »
    That jacket is gross with the plastic looking neck warmer thingy on the inside.
    I presumed that didn't come with it. If it does, I hope it can be removed!

The shirt is particularly manky.

I'm thinking of purchasing some of these:

http://www.yoox.com/us/41649451CH/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=41649451CH&sizeId= Nice, but do the sleeves cheapen it? I'm 6:1, so a medium might be too small
    http://www.yoox.com/us/41675675CF/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=41675675CF&sizeId= I don't care what you say, this'd be lovely if it wasn't too short on the waist
    http://www.yoox.com/us/39683954DX/item#cod10=39683954DX&sizeId= It's made out of wool, so it'd have to be lovely. A tad bit ostentatious, but at least it's a discreet colour!

http://www.raffaello-network.com/english/fashion-details/361372/559/Versace%20Mens%20Shoes.html

Thinly veiled 'Ive got 800 quid to spend on a shirt' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

State of that Dolce shirt

Wtf is a bomber shirt anyway

maudgonner wrote: »
    Okely dokely then
    I put that in especially for kicks. You have to giv a bita humuor back

• Advertisement

I put that in especially for kicks. You have to giv a bita humuor back

The shirt is pretty funny alright :D

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Bar the shoes, none of its nice imo
    Fair point perhaps. Those shoes are so sexy. They've got a rubber sole, so they're comfy. They're also kind of sporty looking. And most importantly, the heel is nice and low... very hard to find these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

It being over priced is one thing...but it doesn't even look good?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    The shirt is pretty funny alright :D
    It's actually a jacket that looks like a shirt, if you're referring to the dolce & gabana one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Wouldn't be my taste tbh. But they don't look great the way they are shot so.... just kind of hang there like they are on a hanger. Thought most cloths shops online used chroma keyed mannequins but there you go not all. The shoes are not too bad but at that price they had better get you bacon and eggs for breakfast after getting laid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

Very bad value for money. With a bit of imagination and ignoring labels, you'd look far sharper for less than 1/10th the price.

A nice piece of clothing is a nice piece of clothing. You're just being charged an enormous premium for a famous name there.

I'm not saying skimp or only buy cheap clothes but it's all about how they look on you.

Also, you'd have no idea if any of those items suit you. Something can look great on a hanger online and not so great in person.

Although most of those don't even look that great on a hanger... But, we may have totally different taste.

shane9689 wrote: »
    It being over priced is one thing...but it doesn't even look good?
    Such a unique and intelligent observation - this fella will go far. Great username and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Wait, wait, wait. Aren't you the poster who was on here a week or two ago giving out about a lady who chatted to you & your mam. You didn't like her giving you advice, so you got thick with her?

And now you come on here asking for strangers to give you advice?

The shoes are not too bad but at that price they had better get you bacon and eggs for breakfast after getting laid.
    Nicest pair of dress shoes I've seen.

Well yeah, but does that mean you like them too?

I like the plain jumper and the shoes. The important question is can they be returned. I don't think a medium jacket would fit very well when you're 6ft 1in. The arms would probably be a bit short. If you can return them if they don't fit you will be grand.

• Advertisement

I like the plain jumper and the shoes. The important question is can they be returned. I don't think a medium jacket would fit very well when you're 6ft 1in. The arms would probably be a bit short. If you can return them if they don't fit you will be grand.
    I've bought from this website before, and yes you can return.

maudgonner wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait. Aren't you the poster who was on here a week or two ago giving out about a lady who chatted to you & your mam. You didn't like her giving you advice, so you got thick with her?

And now you come on here asking for strangers to give you advice?
    If you ask, it's consensual.

I like the plain jumper and the shoes.
    you mean you're okay with all that black stuff on the front of it? I wonder what material that it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Such a unique and intelligent observation - this fella will go far. Great username and all!

lol, you come on here to ask peoples opion on the clothes, then get all offended and bitchy when given it. The clothes look bad, why pay triple than average on something people think looks bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

I think you're mental to even consider patring with that much money for something like that off the peg when you could fly to India and get tailored clothes made to measure, with some change left over.

you mean you're okay with all that black stuff on the front of it? I wonder what material that it!

No im not too keen on that one. It's the second jumper the plain one I thought was nice. I haven't a clue what material that would be I can't make out if it's shiny or not. If you do buy them to try at home take a photo on your phone of yourself wearing them too. It can give a better idea rather than just looking in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm thinking of purchasing some of these:

http://www.yoox.com/us/41649451CH/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=41649451CH&sizeId= Nice, but do the sleeves cheapen it? I'm 6:1, so a medium might be too small
    http://www.yoox.com/us/41675675CF/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=41675675CF&sizeId= I don't care what you say, this'd be lovely if it wasn't too short on the waist
    http://www.yoox.com/us/39683954DX/item#cod10=39683954DX&sizeId= It's made out of wool, so it'd have to be lovely. A tad bit ostentatious, but at least it's a discreet colour!

http://www.raffaello-network.com/english/fashion-details/361372/559/Versace%20Mens%20Shoes.html

Nothing special for the price. You could have them tailored for less.
    That jumper is velvet mix, two tone so expect it to look shimmery and stripey.

They are rotten OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

Those clothes look to be designed for your fellow out of Munch's scream painting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I think they look like shite you'd buy in Pennys for a tenner to be honest.

Advertisement