Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor unfortunate fella

Options

Comments

Heckler wrote: »

just read that. my blood pressure rose almost as fast as my insurance premiums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

In July 2010, he also initiated proceedings against Homebase House and Garden Centre Limerick after an incident involving a defective toilet seat. He was awarded €20,000.

20k for catching a bollock between the seat and the rim.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He should watch some of the UK tv channels, there's another round of solicitors who will check that the claim you previously received was correct and will claim on your behalf if there's any additional money you are "ENTITLED" to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

And the worst of it is the law actually allows this to happen. He's not wrong (except morally) , the law is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

• Advertisement
    M

And the worst of it is the law actually allows this to happen. He's not wrong (except morally) , the law is.

No not the law but the insurance companies, if they went on the full offence with all these claims it would kill the majority of them in months, none of the scammers would be willing to go bankrupt over it and no solicitors would go no win no fee if they knew the insurer would actually investigate the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

How the hell did he manage to get €7.5k for eating horse meat? What exactly was the compensation paid for? Where did he suffer?

Anyway this man is a joke but it's the law system here that allows him to make a living out of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Klonker wrote: »
    How the hell did he manage to get €7.5k for eating horse meat?

The whole thing was a night mare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Reminds me of Del Boy's uncle Albert falling down the holes 15 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I've been utterly traumatised by reading that.
    Who do I sue? Anyone know a bad lawyer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

wil wrote: »
    I've been utterly traumatised by reading that.
    Who do I sue? Anyone know a bad lawyer?

No doubt a certain apologist for our esteemed legal profession will be along shortly to tell us that we are not qualified to have an opinion on such cases and that the lawyers and judges are above reproach. I am sure he can steer you in the direction of a well respected individual who is nowhere in the vicinity of the back door of a van based HSE vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

A prick of a human being. We're all paying for his "accidents" in our premiums. F**k him. The price of my car insurance has almost trebled on me this year...it's financially crippling me for Christmas as it's literally due today.

Wanker.

The judges in these cases should seriously take a look at themselves too.

"you poor unfortunate man, here have another 10k"

Ireland.

M

The unwell claims peoples from road accidents should be moved to Spike Island until they get well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

There has to be something more than meets the eye in these situations. Judge remarks he's been well compensated in the past, the media are there covering the extraordinary story yet the money is awarded time and again...
    I wonder if some repeat litigants like that have some people over a barrel somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

NO SPECULATION

Thoughts and sympathies are with the victim. Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I honestly can't see how the judges aren't getting more of the blame than this guy, after all we know there are people like him about, looking for a quick buck instead of having to work like the rest of us, but surely the highly educated and powerful judges are doing us all more harm with decisions like these?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hydro1

NIMAN wrote: »
    I honestly can't see how the judges aren't getting more of the blame than this guy, after all we know there are people like him about, looking for a quick buck instead of having to work like the rest of us, but surely the highly educated and powerful judges are doing us all more harm with decisions like these?

They want him out of the court quickly in case he has another accident lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Waterford whisper try their best, but sometimes the true stories are the funniest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

NO SPECULATION

Thoughts and sympathies are with the victim. Get well soon.

Court case is over, so far as I know, it's fair game to be discussed.

I'm usually pretty willing to give the benefit of the doubt, especially for one-off cases, and trust the court case has looked into it (there are a lot of claims rejected that never make the news, we just tend to hear about the ones that make a story). This guy is either actively under a godly curse or really good at spinning a yarn.

Although given the number of car accidents he seems to get into, maybe he should be taken off the road for everyone's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Anybody know the name of his laywer(s)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

Anybody know the name of his laywer(s)

Vinny Slick of Bent and Oily Law Associates. Very popular guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

There has to be something more than meets the eye in these situations. Judge remarks he's been well compensated in the past, the media are there covering the extraordinary story yet the money is awarded time and again...
    I wonder if some repeat litigants like that have some people over a barrel somehow

What's the odds that the barrel will collapse underneath him resulting in a back injury and some cooper being dragged into court for shoddy workmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

"He has been well compensated in the past”, Judge O’Donohue added as he awarded Mr Lynch €10,000 and legal costs.
    This sums the problem up perfectly I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Are these the cases that actually went to court and where verdicts were given? Does this list include claims settled outside of court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

The amount of car accidents in that period of time. Surely this is actionable in some way?
    In December 2010, he sued a woman with whom he was involved in a road traffic incident. Mr Lynch was awarded €20,000 plus legal costs.

This one stood out for me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

It's called 'nuisance value '.

While the case may be vexatious and frivolous, as long as it is not to the extreme you will get this 'go away' money.

Plain fact is the only people with access to courts in this country are those with loads of money, and those with none. I drop a guy eyeballing my wife, I have to lay him 12 grand. The same scumbag who hasn't done a tap of work in his life kicks the **** out of a pensioner and gets 4 months in jail at the taxpayer expense, and pays no 12 grand, because to award it would be 'good money after bad ' as it is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The current event sounds serious enough though, it was a hit and run, unless they're alleging it was setup?

Reminds me of one of those Channel 5 "benefits" shows, where some lad was going around looking for things to fall over, except he was openly telling the tv cameras he was doing this. He wasn't the brightest lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Archeron wrote: »
    What's the odds that the barrel will collapse underneath him resulting in a back injury and some cooper being dragged into court for shoddy workmanship.

I can see it :D Most people I know would be afraid of the stress and expense of going to court and making an enemy of local people/businesses! Or even worried about the impact of a compensation payout on the individual or business. I know they have insurance but still

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Klonker wrote: »
    How the hell did he manage to get €7.5k for eating horse meat? What exactly was the compensation paid for? Where did he suffer?

Willful neighgligence.

Advertisement