Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Puppy toddlers and the tree

• 22-11-2016 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We've a young excitable puppy in the house and my wife looks after toddlers and I'm just wondering if anyone has any good ideas for keeping them all away from the tree. I'm a bit anal with the decorations on it to the point I let the kids decorate it and then when their in bed I do it all myself again so I really don't want to gage bottom two feet of it pulled apart.

It will be going in a bay window so three sides are fine. I was thinking of getting a small white or red picket fence and trying to set it up. That would be good for the puppy but I'd be afraid of the toddlers maybe falling over it and hurting themselves.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Yes.

Relax. They won't pay any interest. The dog won't care about a tree and is fairly easily dealt with if he does get too close, the children will stand in awe of it, steal a bauble or two, grow tired of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    Yes.

Relax. They won't pay any interest. The dog won't care about a tree and is fairly easily dealt with if he does get too close, the children will stand in awe of it, steal a bauble or two, grow tired of it.

Haha well I hope you're right but the puppy is a monkey for cables and shiny things so I'd be concerned she'll try to chew on the cables for the lights.

I might give it a few days up and see how they're getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Keep a load of cheap decorations that you don't really care about on the lowest 1/4 of the tree, the dog will eventually get bored of it.

That or put the tree in a playpen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Markus Old-fashioned Town

hairyslug wrote: »
    That or put the tree in a playpen.

That was what I was going to suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeniG2

A few years ago I built a little fence to go around the base of the tree. I made it out of 4x1 timber and put some cotton wool on top for snow effect, this image might give you an idea of what it looks like, might help to stop a puppy for destroying the tree!!

image1.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yeah that's the kind of thing I was thinking about doing. Looks great there actually.

Advertisement