Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maydenhayes Mornington

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Some extras we went for:

Power to the end of the garden for a shed (crazy money)
    Power to the island
    Extra hot / cold piping in downstairs annex WC ( so we can move sink and make utility bigger at a later date)
    Some of the paneling as per showhouse
    Moving rad in the attic room
    A few extra sockets
    Tap in the garden

Expensive enough to be honest (circa 3000) but they are things that will all cost a lot more to do at a later date if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Abbooo2000

Great post I should say guys.. great help to make up our mind.
    We are going in for a final look tomorrow and possibly put deposit on. I've got few questions if anyone can help.

Does anyone know at what stage should we appoint a soliciter? Do I have to have one ready before paying a deposit? or can this wait until later.

Also do you know if the house is prewired for alarm? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dukeofcontent

U may pay deposit it fully refundable if smth goes wrong.From there u contact Your bank and look for solicitor House is fully wired for alarm u need only get someone who will do rest.

U may pay deposit it fully refundable if smth goes wrong.From there u contact Your bank and look for solicitor House is fully wired for alarm u need only get someone who will do rest.

Thank you thats very helpful.

Did any of you guys go for Truss only option of the attic? What does that involve actually? I don't seem to be able to get a straight answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Twisterella12

Abbooo2000 wrote: »
    Did any of you guys go for Truss only option of the attic? What does that involve actually? I don't seem to be able to get a straight answer.

We did, it just means you'll have an open plan room (for lack of a better word) without any of the attic beams going through, to make it easier for conversion in the future. If you go to the show house they have a model of what it looks like with the beams and with the trusses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wmmn80

We did go for the Truss (did not had founds for full attic conversion), the best option to understand it is to see example models in the show-house. Truss need to be done if you would like to adopt attic for a room ect, it gives you more storage area in the attic initially as well. Go for it if you have some spare money will save you time and effort at later stage.
    Questions to the guys who are living there already , can you recommend somebody for doing the fence and gates into the garden ?
    Thanks,

Worth mentioning guys that if getting the truss you can also get the velux windows done if funds allow it. Likewise it my be handy to leave the flooring (plywod) in the attic prior to the roof going on as this can also save hassle at a later date.

Good point, to late for me anyway :( . Wish I know all that in the first place, still so many things happening hard to think about it all in advance.

wmmn80 wrote: »
    Good point, to late for me anyway :( . Wish I know all that in the first place, still so many things happening hard to think about it all in advance.

Agreed, impossible to think of everything! One thing after another, we don't even have a list :pac:

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies, great help. It sounded a bit on the expensive side though. Does this save us the need for planning permission in the future to have a fully converted attic? and if so would it then qualify for a fully habitable accomodation? can you sell it as 4th bedroom as opposed to a converted attic?
    I have seen quotes thrown around here and there for full conversion ranging between @12,000-@20,000, thats why it sounds a bit expensive.

Best would be to speak with an Agent they mentioned that to me just can't remember the details now as it was few months back. 
    No meter what if you want to adopt attic and have 4th bedroom as fully habitable you would have to do truss. You would be just step ahead if you decide to do full attic conversion, smaller cost for later as well in few years. Simple future proof, as well easier from storage perspective since day one. I have no truss attic in my current place and it is pain in the a....
    You can skip it and do truss at later stage maybe even bit cheaper, but that is defiantly worth doing now if you have opportunity and some cash reserve.  I presume truss itself brings some additional value for the house you can ask them to put electric and water connection as well in the attic, it all save you some hassle at later stage. At the end it is all about the money...

Best would be to speak with an Agent they mentioned that to me just can't remember the details now as it was few months back. 
    No meter what if you want to adopt attic and have 4th bedroom as fully habitable you would have to do truss. You would be just step ahead if you decide to do full attic conversion, smaller cost for later as well in few years. Simple future proof, as well easier from storage perspective since day one. I have no truss attic in my current place and it is pain in the a....
    You can skip it and do truss at later stage maybe even bit cheaper, but that is defiantly worth doing now if you have opportunity and some cash reserve.  I presume truss itself brings some additional value for the house you can ask them to put electric and water connection as well in the attic, it all save you some hassle at later stage. At the end it is all about the money...

Agree with you wmmn80 about the future proof. It's just the price tag is what I cant get my head around when you can get a full conversion for just ~15000.

From what am getting from your post you questioning the only truss price (? what is the price as it was not mentioned) vs full attic (15000 with random company) .
    Depending what is included with this 15000 price. Developer price for full attic conversion is 33000 sounds very expensive so I had to drop it. But I doubt you you will get similar done for 15000. This is just a default price and you don't know additional stuff. Does it include en suite ? what is the area of the attic for that price how many windows ect. It is hard to compare at that level. You would have to check what would be cost of just go truss with external company.
    Again You can do that all cheaper later stage for sure  ,in our case it was just save hassle later and putting it against the mortgage. Hard to put definitive answer all depends on circumstances.

Abbooo2000 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies, great help. It sounded a bit on the expensive side though. Does this save us the need for planning permission in the future to have a fully converted attic? and if so would it then qualify for a fully habitable accomodation? can you sell it as 4th bedroom as opposed to a converted attic?
    I have seen quotes thrown around here and there for full conversion ranging between @12,000-@20,000, thats why it sounds a bit expensive.

My understanding is if you convert it yourself, you would still need to apply for planning permission to use as a habitable space (in order to classify it as a 4 bed if selling), as it would still need to be signed off as a habitable space by an engineer / surveyor.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Anyone know what the development is on the left hand side coming into the village from Colpe side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John 1

Hi all,
    Are you putting Maydenhayes 2 times in the address
    Eg.
    Maydenhayes Square
    Maydenhayes
    Mornington
    My booking deposit had just 1 Maydenhayes but other documents had it 2 times so which is correct..?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Al_Bundy

Hi, you do not need to apply for planning permission but you do have to comply with regulations. All your doors on the first floor need to be fire doors @ 125€ per door. If you do not want to spend 25k at the time of purchase but want to convert at a later date you need the pre conversion truss to ensure you get the same space as the one they have in the show house. I have the truss done and will post a picture when i get a chance to go up into the loft.

From what am getting from your post you questioning the only truss price (? what is the price as it was not mentioned) vs full attic (15000 with random company) .
    Depending what is included with this 15000 price. Developer price for full attic conversion is 33000 sounds very expensive so I had to drop it. But I doubt you you will get similar done for 15000. This is just a default price and you don't know additional stuff. Does it include en suite ? what is the area of the attic for that price how many windows ect. It is hard to compare at that level. You would have to check what would be cost of just go truss with external company.
    Again You can do that all cheaper later stage for sure  ,in our case it was just save hassle later and putting it against the mortgage. Hard to put definitive answer all depends on circumstances.

Yes it is the price is the main concern. The builders are quoting prices from E8900 for the Truss only. The quotes I mentioned earlier were not random but from reputable websites ( can't post links here but you can read a survey from 2014 on the tradesmen website and you can also look up a lucan based company recently featured on the journal.ie). Although these prices doesn't include the full work, but they do range from as low as 6000 up to 20000. I agree that everyone's circumistances are different and its all down to money at the end. thats way I am trying to get a feel of what people think before I cough up that money, ie: does it make any financial sense on the long run.

Al_Bundy wrote: »
    Hi, you do not need to apply for planning permission but you do have to comply with regulations. All your doors on the first floor need to be fire doors @ 125€ per door. If you do not want to spend 25k at the time of purchase but want to convert at a later date you need the pre conversion truss to ensure you get the same space as the one they have in the show house. I have the truss done and will post a picture when i get a chance to go up into the loft.

Thanks Al_Bundy, thats very helpful. The picture will help for sure. Did you pay the same price that the builder quoting us now (8900 for the three bed)? did you get a velox window done and what type of access did you get?

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Quick question about the attic access door in the houses with truss done.
    On the show house and on the plans attic access was in the landing (which seams
    logical). Now when checking the house last week I noticed attic access is in one of the bedroom which will cause some problems with accessing it in case you put bigger bed or some other furniture especially that it is the smallest room as well.

Also can you advise on the paneling in the main bathroom as it was not on the list of extras we assume it is included as a standard. Again little surprise when checking the house.

Thanks,

Also can you advise on the paneling in the main bathroom as it was not on the list of extras we assume it is included as a standard. Again little surprise when checking the house.

Thanks,

I was told all panelings are extra if we wanted them.

Someone else might advice you on yhe Truss as I have no idea.

Hi

I had the truss done and my access point is at the top of the stairs which makes sense as this will be removed for the stairs to go in at a later date. It makes no sense to place this in the bedroom. All paneling is extra and to be honest there is better out there for similar money.

Hi

I had the truss done and my access point is at the top of the stairs which makes sense as this will be removed for the stairs to go in at a later date. It makes no sense to place this in the bedroom. All paneling is extra and to be honest there is better out there for similar money.

Thanks Al_Bundy,
    That is exactly my feeling on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cosydays

Hi a few little questions for anyone that can help. Last time we were in the show house we opened an upstairs window and it opened only a very small amount. Is this just a safety feature on the show house or are all upstairs windows like this?

Also a few of you have mentioned house plans. At what point did you get access to the plans of your house and were they given or did you have to request them? We only have the plans given from show house but I would like more specific details so I have a better idea.

Thanks in advance

There is a safety latch on the windows but you can disconnect it if you wish to open the windows fully. Just ask the builders for the plans or your solicitor should have a copy of them.

There is a safety latch on the windows but you can disconnect it if you wish to open the windows fully. Just ask the builders for the plans or your solicitor should have a copy of them.

Great, thanks so much

Hi, could someone please message me the email address or phone number for Ann in head office.

Thanks

Contact details from the website:
    Pivotal Constructions
    Industry Building - Contractors
    anne@pivotalconstruction.ie
    Address 6 Argus House, Greenmount Office Park
    Harolds Cross, Dublin 6
    County Dublin
    Phone (01)4732473

As far am aware they are now on a break (office and builders) for two weeks.
    Back on 08/08/2017

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Re: Flooring. Does anybody know how many boxes of laminate you need to floor the downstairs of a 3 bed? (smaller version) Also looking for estimates on how much it costs to carpet upstairs? I know depends on quality but looking at about €25 - 30 sqm What have people paid?

Advertisement