Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfvan Recommendations

Options
  • 21-11-2016 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Looking for advice regarding surf van and what are my best options , do most people tax them commercially or as a campervan . Also what vans would people recommend ? Also what bits and bobs to get to make surf van life as comfortable as possible ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I've a toyota camper can, great van but drinks fuel. You need to check out the insurance before you buy. If you get a commercial van you may end up with high insurance and regular tax.

For me, must have's
    are good kitchen, with a water tank.
    good floor that is easy to keep clean.
    A toilet space to put boards in side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Hi Looking for advice regarding surf van and what are my best options , do most people tax them commercially or as a campervan . Also what vans would people recommend ? Also what bits and bobs to get to make surf van life as comfortable as possible ?

i spent a while back considering getting one, never did but good on you go for it!

i know myself i'd like to be able to stand up in the back so i could get changed after a surf without wriggling on the ground :)

I see a lot of people putting wood burners in the kind of crustier conversions, they're meant to deliver great dry heat but a bit of set up etc.

Best of luck i'd love one i think i'll have a browse on donedeal !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

A good old T25
    http://www.adverts.ie/campers-motorhomes/very-clean-vw-type-25/11854575
    I miss mine , pop top as well which means you can get in under car park barriers

Advertisement