Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Deals in Foreign Regions (See mod note in first post)

Options
  • 19-11-2016 11:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, seeing as any good deal appearing on a foreign store results in pages and pages of people talking about how to get it, a fair bit of which is against boards rules, I've decided to contain it in a brand new thread, which will make it easier for the Xbox Mods deal with, and hopefully will mean that the other threads don't get swamped.

This is now the only thread in which you can talk about foreign deals.

No need to talk about "going on holidays" or "getting your cousins to buy it for you", the actual deals themselves are totally fine and legal, it's just talking about how to get around region restrictions requires talk about committing fraud.

Things you can't talk about are anything related to how to get a deal, as it requires a fake address. You also can't talk about which regions are best for tax purposes, as again, that's going to require a fake address.

Don't post asking for people to send you the info in a PM, either PM someone that looks like they know, or use google.

CIAB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

So we can say something like Assassins Creed is $4.02 in Australia, but nothing about how to purchase from Australia?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So we can say something like Assassins Creed is $4.02 in Australia, but nothing about how to purchase from Australia?

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Dirt Rally is a little over €18 on the Russian store. Cheapest on the Mexican store but not as user friendly.

Mad Max is around €11 in the US store at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gears of War 4 is €28/€29 from Singapore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Could you add links to the comparison websites in the top post here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone successfully buy a 360 title from the Canada store?

Not matter what I try, VPN, etc it always defaults me to the Irish store payment and not the Canadian credit I have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone successfully buy a 360 title from the Canada store?

Not matter what I try, VPN, etc it always defaults me to the Irish store payment and not the Canadian credit I have.

I dont think its possible to do region buying for 360 games. Im sure there is a way but its probably long winded and hardly worth all the effort to save a few euro.

Tinie wrote: »
    I dont think its possible to do region buying for 360 games. Im sure there is a way but its probably long winded and hardly worth all the effort to save a few euro.

Thanks for that. I'll make my way back down so :eek:

84692670e3e0c1a40051b87913194c2cacb4dce7340612a1c7f590144e7d2fc7.jpg

* I forgot about the 360 title region issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

ReCore is available as a play anywhere code on the US Microsoft store for $14.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Skyrim is $30 on the U.S. store for Gold members.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Will the flash deals for black friday be also on the cheaper regions does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Far cry primal about €12 on Russian store

This thread has fell on it's arse a little bit.

Is there just no deals recently in different regions or have people forgotten about this?

For those that are following this apologies I don't have a deal, just wanted to bump and maybe kickstart this again.

This thread has fell on it's arse a little bit.

Is there just no deals recently in different regions or have people forgotten about this?

For those that are following this apologies I don't have a deal, just wanted to bump and maybe kickstart this again.

Microsoft have locked down alot of the alternative pay options.

You can now only purchase using gift cards which often leads you having to buy more than necessary and eating into the savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have been keeping an eye on Russia but I've got so much credit on the Irish Store, thanks to my mothers Top Up not being used :) , I dont really need to be getting any Gift Cards.

Yeah I have credit from multiple regions, Russia being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Didn't see this thread and posted in the other by mistake.

I saw Catherine was on sale on US store for 2.99 went to try and buy it but it wouldn't allow it. Is there an issue buying the backwards compatible games through the foreign stores?

djkeogh wrote: »
    Didn't see this thread and posted in the other by mistake.

I saw Catherine was on sale on US store for 2.99 went to try and buy it but it wouldn't allow it. Is there an issue buying the backwards compatible games through the foreign stores?

You can't purchase Xbox 360 titles from any other region due to the Xbox 360 being region specific. Only Xbox One titles are region free.

ah thanks for the heads up. Shame. will have to wait for a sale over here so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

djkeogh wrote: »
    ah thanks for the heads up. Shame. will have to wait for a sale over here so.

It was discounted on the Irish store today, €2.99. It wasn't discounted before because it has a different publisher for the EU version of the game.

Cheers for the heads up. Went and snagged a copy. Will look forward to getting stuck into it.

Halo Wars 2 €32 in the Russian store

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition is currently £16 in the uk store. Pretty sure that's a mistake, as the season pass is £16.40

It's €25 in the Irish store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

CatInABox wrote: »
    Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition is currently £16 in the uk store. Pretty sure that's a mistake, as the season pass is £16.40

It's €25 in the Irish store.

It's part of the Easter sale and €20 on Irish store (just bought it as I had credit) so not much in the difference.

mcgovern wrote: »
    It's part of the Easter sale and €20 on Irish store (just bought it as I had credit) so not much in the difference.

Ah yeah, I see that now. The UK season pass is terrible value then, that must be the one with the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Outlast 2 is €17.34 on the brazilian store at the moment. Tempted as I enjoyed the first one a lot but have gotten it free on three platforms since buying it!

Some alternative free GWG for this month. Set your region to Japan, language as English and search for these games:

Xbox 360:
    Perfect Dark Zero (backwards compatible)

Xbox One:
    Max The Curse of Brotherhood

My top picks from this weeks DWG:

TITLE (LINK)|PRICE (EUR)|DISCOUNT|REGION|ACCEPTS GIFT CARD
    Titanfall 2|16|50%|JPY|Yes
    Rise of the Tomb Raider|12|50%|MXN|Yes
    Gears 4|22|50%|SGD|Yes
    Quantum Break|18|60%|SGD|Yes

• Advertisement

qrx wrote: »