Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 5 | Go Getters [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 19-11-2016 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Episode 5 - "Go Getters"

Airdate - November 20th on AMC at 9/8c | November 21st on FOX UK at 9PM
    Saddled with grief, members of the group try to find safety at the Hilltop before it's too late.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 101 votes

0%
    0%
    robertpatterson 1 vote
    3%
    sassabrianregan09Clint WestwoodFox Hound 4 votes
    5%
    geeceeRedriddickOldPeculierCramCycleOmackeralsabhail 6 votes
    17%
    Yakuzajv2000Mc LoveTerrorFirmerclaivaskipper_GPennPirateShampooLionbackerJohn_D80Art DekoRobsweezieMarcus AntoniuscrustyblaPropJoe10Rosie RantbmorrisseyStar_Nupa 18 votes
    22%
    SandHoward the DuckstorkerbofDubh GeannainNUTZZMellorDuffsumsarVonLuckBlazingSaddlercavemeisterwhite appleswillowthewispwinston82rednogginCrackleRothkoFalse Prophetvin33 23 votes
    12%
    dellyfrashxtal191terryduff12Sudden Valleyriceroalchemist33NolarsduffysfarmMac BThe Talking BreadJaCrispyAbitaTASS 13 votes
    13%
    La_GordyMr.Nice Guymuckwarrior5starpoolFreudianSlippersCasey78Banjaxed82Guffydr.kenneth noisewaterGY A1Monifepc7Foreign Sportsdavo2001 14 votes
    12%
    dori_dormerThat_GuyDarth Melkornok2008MuckiePossediondexter647AnnaSophiagabe1977LiordiPete MossKeplar240Bgitzy16v 13 votes
    8%
    Drag00n79Cinanc6000RoryMacblindpilotCptMackeyEssienOodoovPRESIDENT Trump 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Awww man that's a balls looks like Carl didn't stow away with the Saviours like he does in the comics :( that would have made for some amazing scenes between him and Neegan

Comic Spoilers above and possible TV ones .....Anyone dissapointed with the above ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Awww man that's a balls looks like Carl didn't stow away with the Saviours like he does in the comics :( that would have made for some amazing scenes between him and Neegan

Comic Spoilers above and possible TV ones .....Anyone dissapointed with the above ?
    As far as I know he does still do, maybe at the end of this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

its a bit ridiculous, its been a month and we're only seeing maggie now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Filler ep if there ever was one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Boring, boring, boring, boring. JESUS. Boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I'm done for now. I'm just going to binge-watch the remaining three episodes.

Awful tenuous episode alright. I get the attempt to familiarise us with the whole Gregory/Jesus dynamic and clearly set out the stall of Maggie being hinted as the future leader of the Hilltop but it was so forgettable!

Only thing that saved the episode somewhat was Simon's engagements with Gregory (actually, Simon in general!) and Maggie in those skinny jeans!

maximum12 wrote: »
    I'm done for now. I'm just going to binge-watch the remaining three episodes.

Yeah, binge watching really would be the best route to go down at this stage if you can hide your head under a stone!. I always found binge watching most shows far better anyway and hearing spoilers doesn't generally ruin my viewing experience.
    Hopefully, things will start kicking off next week. It is hard to imagine as bad an episode as that again,

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Maximus277

Ya I think that was the worst episode in the history of the show.

Am I the only one that cannot stand Maggie?

She's so ugly and depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Slightly better than the episodes with Negan. Which isn't saying much.

• Advertisement

Maximus277 wrote: »
    Ya I think that was the worst episode in the history of the show.

Am I the only one that cannot stand Maggie?

She's so ugly and depressing.

Christ, one thing Lauren Cohan isn't is ugly!
    And, she has had pretty good reason to be depressed for most of the last season and half to be fair!

But, no, wouldn't care much for her character. Her grieving for Beth after not giving a cr£p about her for a couple of seasons put me off her! The over drawn attempt at the southern accent makes her annoying also!

But far from ugly!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm sure Mr Nice Guy will love this one. He might stretch to a 2 for it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Garbage episode.

EDIT: The only real saving grace is that they spared us a whole episode of Sasha and Maggie trying to get to the Hilltop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have to say, I thought it was pretty OK - just so grateful that it wasn't a 'Carol' episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Came to check the reviews, looks like I'll give this one a skip tonight. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I paused it about half way through and totally forgot I was watching it only to go back and finish it just now... shoite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Have to say, I thought it was pretty OK - just so grateful that it wasn't a 'Carol' episode.

Bring on the Carol episode, she's with a tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I may have been been asleepthrough half of this season's episodes but do all Negan's band refer to each other as Negan in casual conversation when talking to each other because that could get v confusing. At least the smurfs had papa smurf and smurfette some small differences in the naming structure.

But yeah the current episode was sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Worst episode of the series by a mile and one of the worst WD episodes ever. It was weird and lazy and all over the place. It was like they got the writers from Fear The Walking Dead in for one episode and they were given their brief but then they took all the bad things from FWTD and brought them into the main show.

Gregory is a truly **** character. I just find myself wanting him to go away as soon as I see him. The scenes with him and Simon were painfully cheesy, I don't know if it was the acting or the dialogue or what. Probably both.

The scene where Carl showed up in the car just in time to 'save' Enid...woeful. And then they find roller skates! Watching them skate off down the road together was like a bad 70s advert for Wrigley chewing gum. You just want to look the other way. How do they think people find their 'story' interesting in any way?

Maggie's monster truck scene was lamentable. It was like an out-take or something. I kept asking myself was this actually happening in the Walking Dead. And then she gives Glenn's/Herschel's watch to Enid. Why?! Why on earth would she do that?

As far as any plot or story, all you needed to watch was the very last scene with Carl and Jesus on their merry way to Negan's compound and that would have sufficed. Let's be honest here folks, that episode was garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

do all Negan's band refer to each other as Negan in casual conversation when talking to each other because that could get v confusing.

Reminds me of this scene:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Not a good episode, which pretty much fits in with this entire season so far - really disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭RoryMac

It's around this point I lost interest in the comics and looks like it'll be the same with the TV show.

It's a chore to watch it these days

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Carl is just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Terrible episode.

88 episodes so far, 100 is the magic number for syndication afaik so hopefully once they get there they'll start to think about ending the show.

It's becoming very like Lost, dragging the sh*t out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Tottering about on rollerskates like newborn gazelles?

Yeah, real sensible if they come upon a group of walkers unexpectedly...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

marvin80 wrote: »
    Terrible episode.

88 episodes so far, 100 is the magic number for syndication afaik so hopefully once they get there they'll start to think about ending the show.

It's becoming very like Lost, dragging the sh*t out of it.

I read somewhere that the writers have plans in place for seasons 11 and 12 so I wouldn't hold your breath. I actually really enjoyed season 6 but this season has been garbage so far. Becoming a real struggle to watch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I really enjoyed it to be honest funny to say how much a cowardly ****er gregory is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I'm struggling badly with this season. Looked at my phone more than the episode tonight. What happened with carl in the end in the van? I wasn't paying attention :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I had myself convinced the saviours had seen some of yer woman's "famous Jam" at Alexandria and that's why they went there. :pac:

Also I really think Enid should have left those balloons at home....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I'm struggling badly with this season. Looked at my phone more than the episode tonight. What happened with carl in the end in the van? I wasn't paying attention :o

He went to go kill negan I assume.
    Sasha had asked jesus to go find out where negan lives but coral had already thought of that.
    So now jebus has to look after one eyed now joe too

Advertisement