Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham - Home - 19/11/2016

Options
  • 18-11-2016 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

I really hope Poch sticks with the 3-5-2. It's attacking, with two up top and it really gets the best out of the wing backs.

Wimmer might start if Alderwiereld doesn't pass a late fitness test but the rest should be OK. The couple of scares on international duty appear to be just knocks that can be overcome.

Lloris

Dier - Alderwiereld - Vertonghen

Walker
    Rose

Wanyama - Dembele

Eriksen

Kane - Janssen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Alderweireld won't feature. Talk of Wimmer possibly going back to Germany.

I hate seeing Dembele as a holding type player, he glides past the opposition, can counter into an attacking position in seconds. Wasted back there, let him maraude.

When did Eriksen last have a good game?

Really should be beating this shower, bar Payet, the rest are gash. Rancid club.

Few tins for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd be disappointed if Wimmer leaves. He's a solid defender. He just needs a few starts to get his confidence up.

I don't think Dembele is holding that much in that formation. Sure look at the Arsenal game, he won the peno. Wanyama will be the only holding midfielder.

With Alli a doubt and Lamela out there is very little competition for Eriksen in behind the strikers. Maybe Winks could start and Dembele could push forward? Don't see it happening though.

I'd be disappointed if Wimmer leaves. He's a solid defender. He just needs a few starts to get his confidence up.

I don't think Dembele is holding that much in that formation. Sure look at the Arsenal game, he won the peno. Wanyama will be the only holding midfielder.

With Alli a doubt and Lamela out there is very little competition for Eriksen in behind the strikers. Maybe Winks could start and Dembele could push forward? Don't see it happening though.

Never gonna happen, was he not playing left back for Austria the other night. Wouldn't mind seeing Winks given some game time, Eriksen hasn't kicked into gear. Plenty of mincing around.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Never gonna happen, was he not playing left back for Austria the other night.

If we're playing with a back three then there is more of a chance he'll get more starts and game time. He's a good centre back.

He was pushed out to left back the other night because he was the only decent left footed defender available. Just like we put Vertonghen out there when Rose was injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Wimmer has just been rattled by injury, followed by lack of game time, followed by bad form. He might recover or he might not. Not easy to get enough starts to play your way back to form and confidence. Would be a pity as he definitely has the ability.

Looks like he'll start tomorrow anyway with Toby still out, unless we go back to 4-4-2.

Given Lamela and Alli are out, I'd be amazed if Poch drops Eriksen.

Really hope we don't draw this game.

• Advertisement

Tottenham unbeaten in their last 11 (H) London derbies:

WWDWWDWWDDW

W7 D4 F23 A10

Harry Kane has scored 11 goals in 11 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

If we dont score from open play here id be very very very worried....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Could be Harry's day tomorrow,i'd hate to lose our unbeaten run to Wet Spam,we need to get back winning games Kane should be hungry for goals after his long injury break..coys

Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose. Wanyama, Dembele, Winks. Eriksen. Kane, Janssen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose. Wanyama, Dembele, Winks. Eriksen. Kane, Janssen.

4-4-2?

• Advertisement

4-4-2?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Come on you spurs we must win this after Manu arse and all drew

Son and Alli on the bench, at least there's options if needed.

Surprised he went for 4 at the back considering Wimmer is available and 3-5-2 worked so well against Arsenal.

Winks started well.

What a fúcking ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Real poor defending :(

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Terrible,feckin hell.

Bit pedestrian, West Ham are renowned for there set pieces. Could do with a goal before half time.

Good tackle.

• Advertisement

Opposition teams are wise to our short kick outs, cost us at the moment.

Kick it long for a change

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Christian.....please start delivering good dead balls,passes, it has been tooo long!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been watching the rugby, and only have the game on the laptop, but it looks like we are poor again.

Our passing has been dreadful.

Dembele needs to bomb on.

West ham players keep falling over at the least touch.

Two strikers on the field. NONE in the box.

Eriksen, stay down.

Randolph won't have had an easier half. West Ham look very comfy. Gotta see some improvement in the 2nd half. Otherwise it's nul pois.

Let's see some quick entertaining football. Definitely going out of the CL if we continue playing this stale style of football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Where would you start.how does Jansen expect to score when he spends no time in the edge of the 6 yard box?Eriksen is just pants for us lately.Next 45 minutes is so vital.if we don't win this I can't see us winning any title

Advertisement