Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

Dodge wrote: »
    There was an open competition before the freeze. The latest interdepartmental was the first in nearly a decade so there's no pattern but I'd be astonished if there wasn't open competitions for HEO in the near future

That recent one - if it is the same one we are talking about - was Open. The HEO on advertised in November had three streams - Open, InterD and Irish. It was very specific, however, in that it required a professional accountancy qualification. I applied and have an interview in a few weeks.

I stuck an application into this AP Comp as well, though it was really just for the psychometric testing practice to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

No, the most recent HEO (general) was interdepartmental. A previous one (2006 or so) was Open

Dodge wrote: »
    No, the most recent HEO (general) was interdepartmental. A previous one (2006 or so) was Open

Well I've an Open HEO interview in a few weeks. It wasn't a general one, as I said above - it was specifically HEO Auditor in Civil Service - but it had the three streams. So it was possibly the first Open HEO in a long long time!

It's not my intention to go off-topic - just it was a competition that did cause some rumblings when it was announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'd imagine we shouldn't be waiting too long now for results of aptitude test.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd imagine we shouldn't be waiting too long now for results of aptitude test.

Disaster of an aptitude test.........
    Friday afternoons do appear to be a favoured time for releasing things in PAS........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Friday afternoons do appear to be a favoured time for releasing things in PAS........

I was thinking the same thing myself. But it took almost a month last year to issue the results. We may be waiting a while :(
    Hopefully not, I want to be put out of my misery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Seriously??!! I had assumed it would be end January before we heard anything back!

Had managed to put it to the back of my mind.....but now will be watching my messages on Public Jobs!! Maybe it will be today.

Found the tests difficult, so not expecting a positive response this time around.

Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Have been keeping a sneaky eye on my phone today half thinking the results might be coming out!

Bit optimistic thinking they'd be out this week maybe.

The difficulty of the maths might slow things a bit?

Have been keeping a sneaky eye on my phone today half thinking the results might be coming out!

I've been at the same craic! Constantly checking - once this thread got active again, it was nice to see others in the same boat ha ha!

It's painful and torturous waiting in fairness. I'd love to have the update and get the numbers just to know what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭tigger123

Why would the difficulty of the maths slow things? As in people are complaining?

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    Why would the difficulty of the maths slow things? As in people are complaining?

Did anyone actually complain though?
    I know I didn't.

I know I didn't.

I didn't either, I meant to give them some feedback though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Same bollixology in all these threads .Seems to have started even earlier in this thread .

yabadabado wrote: »
    Same bollixology in all these threads .Seems to have started even earlier in this thread .

Cheers for the contribution fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

tigger123 wrote: »
    Cheers for the contribution fella!

My pleasure .

I know I didn't.

Maybe not enough passed it? Or they may need to do further checks if there's a lower pass rate than normal?

Or they took two weeks off for Christmas and this week is a go slow! Hopefully next week brings some news!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DeirdreDee

Yes, the pass mark will be set lower than usual because the standard will be much lower. They always fix the pass mark relative to the scores achieved. Obviously the maths were much harder than ever before so the pass mark will be much lower.

I remember doing a civil service exam years ago for programmer. Part of it was 20 pictures of wheels and cogs - if this wheel turns clockwise four times, what position will the 5th wheel be at when the blah blah blah. Not a notion did I have of any of them. No joking. Still passed and was offered the post - simply because nobody else was any good at them either.

Don't worry folks - it'll be grand.

DeirdreDee wrote: »
    I remember doing a civil service exam years ago for programmer. Part of it was 20 pictures of wheels and cogs - if this wheel turns clockwise four times, what position will the 5th wheel be at when the blah blah blah. Not a notion did I have of any of them. No joking. Still passed and was offered the post - simply because nobody else was any good at them either.

Gawd- thats a blast from the past- passed that exam too.........

Lets keep our powder dry- perhaps we're being overly pessimistic about the math this time round.........

• Registered Users Posts: 18 anthrogal

Heard a wee birdy whisper that results should be out sometime this week......

Fingers crossed folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

would be nice to know one way or the other at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

anthrogal wrote: »
    Heard a wee birdy whisper that results should be out sometime this week......

Fingers crossed folks!

:D.

Probably late Friday afternoon, I'd say. Good luck, all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

They're out!!!

Log onto your public jobs account!

The results are out... top 1,047 being invited to the next stage! :eek:

I'm somewhere in the middle, so I'll be up in PAS again for the next stage in late January. I'm happy to have gotten through; thought the maths were tricky but I passed comfortably.

Stage 2 will comprise supervised verbal and numerical tests, a job simulation exercise and an etray exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The results are out... top 1,047 being invited to the next stage! :eek:

I'm somewhere in the middle, so I'll be up in PAS again for the next stage in late January. I'm happy to have gotten through; thought the maths were tricky but I passed comfortably.

Stage 2 will comprise supervised verbal and numerical tests, a job simulation exercise and an etray exercise.

Well done and good luck in the next round.

A rather deceiving email for those outside 1,047 like me. "I am pleased to inform you" then I read on to see I am slightly over 1,047 so its game over for me anyway :rolleyes:

jets wrote: »
    Well done and good luck in the next round.

A rather deceiving email for those outside 1,047 like me. "I am pleased to inform you" then I read on to see I am slightly over 1,047 so its game over for me anyway :rolleyes:

Thanks, I just clicked the feeback link at the bottom of the email. I scored in the top bracket for verbal and numerical and the bottom bracket for situational judgement... that's always my downfall so I'm pleasantly surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Thanks, I just clicked the feeback link at the bottom of the email. I scored in the top bracket for verbal and numerical and the bottom bracket for situational judgement... that's always my downfall so I'm pleasantly surprised!

I scored in the top bracket for the numerical but that wasn't included for some reason in the order of merit, just my luck i guess :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Got through Open and InterD and in top 200 in both. delighted but Stage 2 looks very tough

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

Got through. Top 3rd. And as usual scraped through the scenarios

Placed just over 1,200.......
    Damn.......
    Actually did pretty ok on the numerical after all- the situational/scenarios was my worst score.

Best of good luck to everyone through to Stage 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Looks like PAS are trying a new format again. Situational & E Tray and both done before the interview. That's going to be the day from hell!

Advertisement