Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl nespresso machine 50 euro

Options
  • 16-11-2016 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭

Can't find a link for this but was in Lidl in Galway and they have got a nespresso machine for 49.99.
    It comes with a 3 year warranty and looks exactly like one of the pixie models. Would make a great present for someone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

It's Nespresso compatible, not a Nespresso machine. It does look like a copy of a Nespresso citiz machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=47661

Texet. Tesco sell these too AFAIK. Budget brand. Doesn't look nearly as good as a pixie, more comprable to an Innissia in terms of appeal. Not far off in price.

Same 19 bar pressure as the real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qgGCXYMoQ&sns=em

Specs here
    https://www.texet.co.in/texet-1400-watt-nespresso-capsule-coffee-maker-in-black-red.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Got one to replace a Dolce Gusto machine that gave up the ghost.

Well impressed so far does the magic.

The only difference was the Gusto was manual and you could keep the hot water flowing as long as you want.

But its a fine machine I got the lidl coffee nice and a lot cheaper than the Dolce gusto pods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭skinny90

maximum12 wrote: »
    It's Nespresso compatible, not a Nespresso machine. It does look like a copy of a Nespresso citiz machine.

What's the difference apart from a copy right brand/sticker on the box. You have a nespresso capsule, put it in...how is one going to differentiate between the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

How easy are these to use? Thinking of getting one for my lazy brother. Does it need 2 pods to make a coffee?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Would buying the proper machine not be a better deal?. As this time of the year they give Cashback on them eg nearly what ever you pay for the machine you get back to spend on coffee online or in bt.

I think I paid 77 for mine last year and got 75 euros back. I got 25 at 3 different stages basicly they gave you 25 euros use it get another and so on.

Being honest the coffee is now but I am replace it with a bean to cup michine as proper coffee :)

The deal now is that you buy €75 or so worth of coffee and you get an aeroccino. Last years deal was better.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The deal now is that you buy €75 or so worth of coffee and you get an aeroccino. Last years deal was better.

Still not bad spend 75 euros on coffee and get the milk jug for free a extreme good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Bought this the other day, a little noisy on startup but does the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Bought one as present I have a Nespresso inissia, thought the texet was useless, way too slow. Changed it for Pixie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

maximum12 wrote:

Nespresso don't make machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Nespresso has €90 cashback at the moment with aerrocino

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Delonghi Dolce Gusto in DID for €39.99.

Link

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Nespresso don't make machines.

Still doesn't change the fact that there are nespresso machines and then there are nespresso compatible machines.

The likes of Krups, Miele, Kitchenaid, Magimix etc are all household names, and the machines are consistently good between the different brands.

A lot of the Aldi machines (yes I know they're not the same as Lidl) earlier this year were brought back as they were faulty. Friend is on hid 3rd one. You just don't get that sort of thing with the actual nespresso machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Savage93 wrote: »
    Bought one as present I have a Nespresso inissia, thought the texet was useless, way too slow. Changed it for Pixie

How slow was it? Saw these today and wondering if it would be a good second machine for my work (have a Citiz at home). Wondering if I should upgrade.

I have a 2012 year (60 Euro) Espresso Machine from Lidl that is still doing the job for me. The rotary dial is broken so need a string grip to turn it on. Boiler LED is shagged so I have to turn it on and assumes it's hit enough after 5 minutes. Doesn't automatically shut off the boiler which it used to when purchased.....but it still actually makes nice coffee which inevitably means I have covered the place in grinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

The cheapest thing about Nespresso is the machine. This machine in Lidl does look like the real thing and based on my experience of Lidl kit it probably functions fine but their "nespresso" capsules are dire but not as dire as are Aldi's. I manage to get through about 1000+ capsules per year or 400 euros worth ($800 if I run out and have to buy in America).

If buying as a present spend the extra and buy the real thing or buy a real espresso machine and use Lidl's pretty decent espresso in a can ( or buy the good stuff elsewhere)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

skinny90 wrote: »
    What's the difference apart from a copy right brand/sticker on the box. You have a nespresso capsule, put it in...how is one going to differentiate between the two?

Difference is the official ones are made by companies like krups. This one for 50 euro is not going to have the same build quality and materials.

Secondly the compatible capsules don't always work well in the official machines so there's a risk the reverse may be true here.

The latest Lidl/Aldi capsules are fine now. They don't need the machine to pierce the hard end any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

angelmum wrote: »

€60 if you don't go for the Aeroccino... Appliances delivered have an issina for €90 so €30 with the cashback

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

€60 if you don't go for the Aeroccino... Appliances delivered have an issina for €90 so €30 with the cashback

Sound for the info. Is that cashback or vouchers?

• Advertisement

Sound for the info. Is that cashback or vouchers?

It will be vouchers to buy coffee from nespresso itself.

Being honest the lidl coffee is very meh i do like the roburt robbers you get in tesco for 2 euros for 10 coffee the 9 is the perfect expresso to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

So am I getting this right.

I can buy an nespresso machine from argos for €80

and then claim €60 worth of coffee back from nespresso.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

So am I getting this right.

I can buy an nespresso machine from argos for €80

and then claim €60 worth of coffee back from nespresso.

Debenhams "Krups Blue Nespresso 'Inissia' coffee machine XN100440" still available like last year.

77 euro and 3 x 20 euro's worth of coffee.

I went with this last year. You only get your 20 euro off your next purchase, but be warned; there is an expiry time on the 20 euro. I missed one. I just ordered coffee the other day. Still waiting to see if I'll get my 'next' 20 euro off for any subsequent order.

I'd go for the debenhams machine instead of the Lidl one. There's no comparison between the coffee from Nespresso and Lidl / Aldi. So if you end up buying the genuine stuff, the extra 27 euro outlay will be worth it.

You get some kind of free gift too with Nespresso, and there is some coffee included in the box with the machine too. (16 capsules)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Debenhams "Krups Blue Nespresso 'Inissia' coffee machine XN100440" still available like last year.

I went with this last year. You only get your 20 euro off your next purchase, but be warned; there is an expiry time on the 20 euro. I missed one. I just ordered coffee the other day. Still waiting to see if I'll get my 'next' 20 euro off for any subsequent order.

I'd go for the debenhams machine instead of the Lidl one. There's no comparison between the coffee from Nespresso and Lidl / Aldi. So if you end up buying the genuine stuff, the extra 27 euro outlay will be worth it.

You get some kind of free gift too with Nespresso, and there is some coffee included in the box with the machine too. (16 capsules)

Is there a minimum spend requirement on the €20 vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

neacy69 wrote: »
    Is there a minimum spend requirement on the €20 vouchers?

Umm. Good question. I don't know. I always order 200 capsules to get the free delivery. Roughly 75 euro's worth. Think shipping is 7 euro otherwise...

No you can even spend less than €20 if you want.
    I get mine in BT though. Online has a minimum order quantity if you want free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Sudden price drop the other day and got this combo for £83, €101 delivered. Qualifies for the €90 pod offer
    o
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nespresso-Inissia-Capsule-Machine-Aeroccino3/dp/B00J5W99UQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1479411098&sr=1-1&keywords=nespresso+machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

CGI_3 wrote: »

Just ordered today for €66...

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_325004041145_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

angelmum wrote: »

Cash or credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

ted1 wrote: »
    Cash or credit?

the €90 is €30 off each of your next orders as far as i know

Advertisement