Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party (Also known as the Lets spread some hate party...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Sounds a bit like leftie talk to me... take it elsewhere! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

THE HIGH COURT has dismissed an application by National Party co-founder James Reynolds to continue an injunction preventing the Irish Cattle and Sheep Farmers Association (ICSA) from removing him from senior positions he had held with the organisation.

http://www.thejournal.ie/james-reynolds-icsa-3467197-Jun2017/?utm_source=shortlink
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Im personally non partisan when it comes to political parties, that said- James,s views are his own business outside of work, As long as someones political activity isn,t coming into conflict with a persons work schedule, his/her political activity shouldn,t be an issue, this smacks as thoughtcrime .[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Do you not think the ICSA need to be able to deal with politicians etc to lobby? Its a bit difficult if Reynolds is accusing those people of treason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

If the membership of ICSFA want to elect somebody else instead to represent them, that is their prerogative. Its not clear from the article whether the membership were consulted though.
    In this article it seems to have been "the management committee" which wanted to dismiss him, due to his political views, and that could be seen as "contrary to natural justice" (even if it was within their rule book) So if he does get run out of the association now, a judicial review on those grounds might still be an avenue open to him.
    That is, if he has any money left, which is unlikely after costs being awarded against him. But then, justice is really only for the very wealthy (or those on free legal aid).

I had to laugh at the name of his house, given in the first article; Rorkes Drift. Its his last stand, and he's down to the last bullet now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

recedite wrote: »
    I had to laugh at the name of his house, given in the first article; Rorkes Drift. Its his last stand, and he's down to the last bullet now ;)
    And he has completely run out of apostrophes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

Peregrinus wrote: »

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

His summer house is called the Wolfs Lair [sic]. Allegedly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I guess the thread should be called Hate The National Party or else, judging by the comments .I wonder is there any party that is liked, has anyone even looked at the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

maybe its some kind of pun, like "Finnegans Wake"?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I guess the thread should be called Hate The National Party or else, judging by the comments .I wonder is there any party that is liked, has anyone even looked at the website?

Two years to add this nugget
    *slow clap*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Cabaal wrote: »
    Two years to add this nugget
    *slow clap*

And they still aren't acutually registered as a political party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The registration fee ate into their Doritos budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I call it as I see it - I’ve had some dealings professionally with a prominent member of the NP and a more respectful and friendly man you could not meet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I call it as I see it - I’ve had some dealings professionally with a prominent member of the NP and a more respectful and friendly man you could not meet.

I'm guessing you're not a gay Muslim then? ;)

The NP has prominent members?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Appearances are often deceptive.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You know what, you're right!

After all, friendly men want the death penalty to be reintroduced in Ireland so it can be used on doctors

https://youtu.be/S4Pk1d0ob1w?t=540

:rolleyes:

Also.... prominent?
    there's chicken eggs more famous then any NP members.

Folks. I am NOT a supporter of the NP. I just saw the thread on the front page and read some of the comments and out of fairness to the guy I just said he was very respectful in my very limited dealings with him. Don’t shoot the messenger...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's not really that far removed (as a concept) from someone turning up in court and giving a character reference for a sex offender.
    'well, he never tried to molest *me*' is probably a weird subset of damning with faint praise.

people are not calling the NP out here for whether they are personable one on one, they are calling them out on their political views.

that's not really that far removed (as a concept) from someone turning up in court and giving a character reference for a sex offender.
    'well, he never tried to molest *me*' is probably a weird subset of damning with faint praise.

people are not calling the NP out here for whether they are personable one on one, they are calling them out on their political views.

That’s fine I get that. I actually know very little about them. I just know one of the guys involved through my line of work. That’s all.

• Advertisement

"One may smile, and smile, and be a villain"

- Hamlet, I, v

(Brush up your Shakespeare, start quoting him now!)

The NP has prominent members?

...attached to their foreheads, more than likely.

The National Party is attempting to disrupt the 2040 mulicultural plan which we must all adhere to.

The National Party is attempting to disrupt the 2040 mulicultural plan which we must all adhere to.

What plan is this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,210 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Odhinn wrote: »
    What plan is this?

The latest iteration of the white genocide conspiracy theory I suspect.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Odhinn wrote: »
    What plan is this?

http://npf.ie/project-ireland-2040-national-planning-framework/. You have not heard of the national plan ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,210 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

http://npf.ie/project-ireland-2040-national-planning-framework/. You have not heard of the national plan ?

That's a plan to cope with the projected population increase, not a plan to increase the population. Did you even read this?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

That's a plan to cope with the projected population increase, not a plan to increase the population. Did you even read this?
    . Did I say a plan to increase the population the increase however will also be from migrants . Read my post. Those who object however the answer is we need them to pay our pensions

. The projected population increase i Did I say a plan to increase the population. Read my post.

You said "multicultural plan". That's not exactly subtle.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Yes I had, but as your understanding of it is completely wrong I'd no idea that was what you were referring to.

Advertisement