Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Claiming J1 Tax Back

Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ HowItsMade

Can anyone kindly advise me on the best way to go about claiming J1 Taxback?

I worked in 2 places, one of which i left abruptly and was never given a payslip & taxed heavily on low income.

The second job i was taxed moderately on higher income and have payslips for

Although my second job was never approved by InterExchange under their new ruling (failure from my employer to provide a business license to them (out of laziness)) I'm sure i'll still be able to claim this taxback.

I paid roughly between $1900-2200 in tax, i'm aware i won't be able to claim all of that back.

Obviously looking to avoid Taxback.com and other sites like that as they charge a fee and seem to use a legal/intrusive approach to claim back.

Does anyone have experience with these sites or have they gone about claiming the tax back themselves?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement