Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA 2017 club and intercounty thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Draw for the county championships are drawn this evening
    The senior hurling rionn 1 draw is:
    Roinn 1 Group 1 – Kiladangan, Borris-Ileigh, Upperchurch-Drombane, Loughmore-Castleiney
    Roinn 1 Group 2 – Clonoulty-Rossmore, Drom & Inch, Portroe, Ballina
    Roinn 1 Group 3 – Thurles Sarsfields, Kilruane MacDonaghs, Nenagh Eire Óg, Carrick Swan
    Roinn 1 Group 4 – Killenaule, Mullinahone, Eire Óg Annacarty, Burgess

Senior Football Championship 2017 Draw
    Group 1 – Kilsheelan-Kilcash, Drom & Inch, JK Brackens, Killenaule
    Group 2 – Moyle Rovers, Arravale Rovers, Aherlow Gaels, Fethard
    Group 3 – Loughmore-Castleiney, Galtee Rovers, Eire Og Annacarty, Ardfinnan
    Group 4 – Clonmel Commercials, Ballyporeen, Cahir, Upperchurch-Drombane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

ROINN 2 - Seamus O Riain Cup
    Group 1: Roscrea, Ballingarry, Toomevara, Newport
    Group 2: Templederry Kenyons, Moycarkey/Borris, Silvermines
    Group 3: JK Brackens, Borrisokane, Clonakenny
    Group 4: Lorrha, Holycross/Ballycahill, Knockavilla Kickhams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Clint Westwood

Best of luck to Tipp tomorrow. Usual suspects up front with Liam Mcgrath there as well, Ohalloran on the bench. Alan Moloney and Martin Dunne midfield but I expect that to change on the day with Casey coming in for Dunne. Codd back and Willie Connors makes his first Senior start. Louth beat Laois tonight by 12 points and Louth second favorites for relegation before tonights game.

Best of luck to Tipp tomorrow. Usual suspects up front with Liam Mcgrath there as well, Ohalloran on the bench. Alan Moloney and Martin Dunne midfield but I expect that to change on the day with Casey coming in for Dunne. Codd back and Willie Connors makes his first Senior start. Louth beat Laois tonight by 12 points and Louth second favorites for relegation before tonights game.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope we can get promotion. Not sure what we can make of the Louth/Laois result. Hammered them in Portlaoise too which is a real shock. Id imagine they will be hard to beat if we play them in Drogheda.

Interesting depth in our squad all of a sudden with O'Halloran, Casey, Moloney, Ian Fahey on the bench. O'shaughnessy, bill maher and ciaran mcdonald are injured/suspended too

How has Ian Fahey not kicked on though? Looked a terrific underage player and a hot prospect.

Not a good start to Peter Creedons management career with Laois it must be said

• Advertisement

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope we can get promotion. Not sure what we can make of the Louth/Laois result. Hammered them in Portlaoise too which is a real shock. Id imagine they will be hard to beat if we play them in Drogheda.

Interesting depth in our squad all of a sudden with O'Halloran, Casey, Moloney, Ian Fahey on the bench. O'shaughnessy, bill maher and ciaran mcdonald are injured/suspended too

How has Ian Fahey not kicked on though? Looked a terrific underage player and a hot prospect.

Laois seemly missing many first choice players, Armagh and Tipp next up for them so it`s them under pressure straight away! We have them in Thurles.

Laois seemly missing many first choice players, Armagh and Tipp next up for them so it`s them under pressure straight away! We have them in Thurles.

I like Peter Creedon so for that reason i hope he keeps them in the division at the very least. bad start though and -12 score difference to make up

I like Peter Creedon so for that reason i hope he keeps them in the division at the very least. bad start though and -12 score difference to make up

Really like Creedon. Disappointed he`s still not involved with Tipp at some level. Was doing stuff behind the scenes until Laois turned up.

Super win today. Decent performance. Really pushed on in the second half of the match and a nice little score difference going into the next game. Good performances all round. Bit of rustiness in the first half but we upped the sticks on the back 35 and were well worth the win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good win today and the other match in the Division was a draw so beating Sligo the next day would set us up nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Many travelling to Croker Saturday?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Many travelling to Croker Saturday?

Ye will do. Football on Sunday too? Great weekend of sport ahead

Ye will do. Football on Sunday too? Great weekend of sport ahead

Won't make the football unfortunately, should fancy their chances of beating sligo?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Won't make the football unfortunately, should fancy their chances of beating sligo?

We are good enough but Sligo to be fair are a decent side. We beat them in 15 when O'Riordan sustained the neck injury i think? We really need to win the home games.

The team lines out as follows;

1. Daragh Mooney – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
    2. Donagh Maher – Burgess
    3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
    4. John O’Keeffe – Clonoulty-Rossmore
    5. Tomás Hamill – Moyne-Templetuohy
    6. Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    7. Padraic Maher (Capt.) – Thurles Sarsfields
    8. Brendan Maher – Borris-Ileigh
    9. Kieran Bergin – Killenaule
    10. Steven O’Brien – Ballina
    11. Jason Forde – Silvermines
    12. Noel McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    13. John O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    14. Seamus Callan – Drom & Inch
    15. Aidan McCormack – Thurles Sarsfields

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

We are good enough but Sligo to be fair are a decent side. We beat them in 15 when O'Riordan sustained the neck injury i think? We really need to win the home games.

They`re not. Got a lucky penalty v Armagh and got a draw. Their own support have little faith in them looking at another Forum. Same Tipp Team announced tonight as last Sunday. Surprised Ohalloran not starting after his cameo, no Bill either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not going up but the match will be live on Eir Sports 1 which is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone have the team we lined up with today in the Football?

Conceding 2 first half goals is v poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

https://twitter.com/tippstar/status/830168367008972800/photo/1

Also,
    "Tipperary's afternoon has gone from bad to worse. Wind-assisted Sligo held the half-time advantage, but Jimmy Feehan has been dismissed for a second booking and there has been no let-up in intensity from the visitors. They lead 14-man Tipp by 10 points."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lost by a point in the end, 2-14 to 1-16. O halloran came on in the second half and kicked 4 scores.

• Advertisement

marvin80 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/tippstar/status/830168367008972800/photo/1

Also,
    "Tipperary's afternoon has gone from bad to worse. Wind-assisted Sligo held the half-time advantage, but Jimmy Feehan has been dismissed for a second booking and there has been no let-up in intensity from the visitors. They lead 14-man Tipp by 10 points."
    klose wrote: »
    Lost by a point in the end, 2-14 to 1-16. O halloran came on in the second half and kicked 4 scores.

O'halloran was excellent and i thought Jack Kennedy played very well on introduction.

I dont think that there can be too much of an argument about the home support not turning out if performances are to be that insipid. I do realise we have alot of injuries and lads are playing Sigerson, etc but we are in real danger of missing out on promotion and that surely has to be the short term goal? I accept that there has to be a balance found somewhere and we cant peak too early but if we for example, relegate this year then that would be a complete disaster for Tipperary football after all the progress that has been made. Remaining in division 3 wouldn't be much better

Just on the hurlers yesterday. Felt we went through the motions really which is incredible to sat because of the margin of the win but Dublin minus their Cuala contingent were awful.

What a ridiculously superb man Paudie Maher is. His second point was simply outrageous.

Disappointing result for the footballers really need to be beating the likes of sligo at home. Antrim getting hammered by offaly reaffirms the level we're currently at.

As for the hurlers, well it was absolutely baltic in croker so fair play to anyone who travelled. Men against boys for the most part. Really can't see Dublin surviving in the division, then again I said the same last year. Standard all round looked poor but I'll have to watch it back on the box.

Good game in Nolan Park today, nice bit of niggle to it. Big win for Waterford, certainly lays down a marker. Standard was streets ahead of the hurling in croker for sure.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Disappointing result for the footballers really need to be beating the likes of sligo at home. Antrim getting hammered by offaly reaffirms the level we're currently at.

As for the hurlers, well it was absolutely baltic in croker so fair play to anyone who travelled. Men against boys for the most part. Really can't see Dublin surviving in the division, then again I said the same last year. Standard all round looked poor but I'll have to watch it back on the box.

Good game in Nolan Park today, nice bit of niggle to it. Big win for Waterford, certainly lays down a marker. Standard was streets ahead of the hurling in croker for sure.

Dublin were shocking. Not sure they are going to get out of this one tbh. No Sutcliffe, no Peter Kelly, no Johnny McCaffrey and I dont rate their manager. Davy might have been a better appointment for them (albeit short term)

Dublin were shocking. Not sure they are going to get out of this one tbh. No Sutcliffe, no Peter Kelly, no Johnny McCaffrey and I dont rate their manager. Davy might have been a better appointment for them (albeit short term)

If Dublin had any sense they'd get rid of Cunningham.

Aidan McCormack played well but not sure what to make of Steven O'Brien. Paudie exceptional as always. Is Mooney likely to be there all year?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Aidan McCormack played well but not sure what to make of Steven O'Brien. Paudie exceptional as always. Is Mooney likely to be there all year?

Gleeson played in goal for Port in a challenge today, make what you will of that.

Paudie is in some nick after the off season too, what a guy! Great to have the hurling and football back.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Gleeson played in goal for Port in a challenge today, make what you will of that.

Id say Tipp are using the opportunity to try out a few new goalies while Darren awaits the outcome of his trial.

He was named on the provisional squad and i presume Tipp are giving him some time off while he is going through this process. Thats fair enough tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

klose wrote: »
    Paudie is in some nick after the off season too, what a guy! Great to have the hurling and football back.

He's working in Kilkenny now, the locals wouldn't be too fond of him.

• Advertisement

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    He's working in Kilkenny now, the locals wouldn't be too fond of him.

Guard isn't he? Heard em mentioning he's just out of templemore of the tv yesterday.

Advertisement