Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in Scotland

Options
  • 14-11-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm planning to apply for the psychology conversion course in Scottish universities. I was hoping someone could help me, I'm not sure how it works over there with fees and applying for grants. Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Nymeria

Hi Trisha,

I studied Psychology in Scotland for 4 years, and loved it. You mention a conversion course, so I'm guessing you already have a degree and its postgraduate study you are interesred in?

Unfortunately, the free fees in Scotland are fir undergraduatea only.

For postgraduate although there are bursaries, as far as I'm aware you need to be resident in Scotland for a few years to qualify for them. A friend of mine is studying a masters over there, and she got most of her fees paid and a monthly bursary of a few hundred pounds, however she had been resident in Scotland for 4 years doing her degree. Check out www.saas.gov.uk for information.

Incidentally, have you thought about studying in England, as you would be eligible, as an EU citizen, for a postgraduate loan of up to £10,000 toward fees and living costs. You would have to repay this, but only once you are earning over £21,000 per year, and even then it's a small monthly amount. This is only for postgraduate courses in England though.

Anyway, best of luck!

Advertisement