Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Warriors Unplugged - BTS1 and UFC Fight Pass

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That was an unusual end to an unusual fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Erosa absolutely robbed. Feel bad for him with that victory the UFC would have only been a couple more fights away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

Let's relive that landmark moment in MMA.

https://twitter.com/cianer31son

You can see it in his eyes just before hand, "Oh, sh*t I'm gonna spew..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I was watching on fight pass and it cut out about 10 seconds before the final bell. It returned about 5 seconds before Pimblett puked. Great timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

https://twitter.com/peterqueally/status/797586652822695937

Boylan is the CEO of CW and is also Pimblett and Fishgold's manager. Can someone smarter than me tell me if that's ethical and legal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Fair play to Luke Barnatt for giving McGregor praise. Professional. Would have been easy to hold the comment Conor made on the MMA Hour against him!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,395 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lovely

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

joshrogan wrote: »

Boylan is the CEO of CW and is also Pimblett and Fishgold's manager. Can someone smarter than me tell me if that's ethical and legal?

That can't be allowed, surely? Imagine the murder if the Fertitas or Dana were McGregor's manager when he was making his way up the ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

will this delay affect the other cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thats fourth round was atrocious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So the folks are over so i didn't want to take over the telly, I eventually got to switch to this halfway through the 4th. Did Pimblet completely dominate the earlier rounds or something because he did fook all in the portion I watched - apart from manage to stay on his feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

joshrogan wrote: »

I don't think he's specifically his manager in theory, but there's a definite conflict of interest there as Boylan owns the management company that Pimblett is signed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Had to laugh at the actions of the doctor wearing the Turban. Each time a fella is concussed on the floor or injured after the fight is stopped he walks up to the ebullient winner each time without a scratch on them looks into their eyes and when hes satisfied the winner is ok he walks out of the cage!. The other fella on the canvas surrounded by his corner!.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Glad to see a few other people not agreeing with the Pimblett result.

That was a robbery of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,395 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Glad to see a few other people not agreeing with the Pimblett result.

That was a robbery of the highest order.

It was a disgrace

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Pimblett need to take the fight game serious now go away work on his striking for a while and weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

callaway92 wrote: »
    It was a disgrace

I had erosa 48-47, considering Pimblett did absolutely nothing after round 3 and got dropped a few times.

I have no idea where Pimblett beat him as Erosa teep kicked him into bolivian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Watched the fight today. There is no way Paddy won that fight. He definitely lost at least 3 rounds. Erosa dropped the ball though. A bit more pressure and combos and he had that fight finished in round 3 and then he let him recover in round 4.
    Bad decision by Julian and the judges.

Advertisement