Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramedic : Protected Title?

Options
  • 11-11-2016 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

A question for those in the know ,
    I am led to believe that the term " Paramedic" is a protected title in that one cannot just call yourself the title , same as calling yourself a Doctor or Nurse without being qualified.

Came across an individual who uses the title "paramedic" on his various social media accounts and I have checked the register and he is not on it.

From what I have seen the guy may be a bit of a Walter Mitty character with more than a keen interest in the various sectors of the emergency services.

At best, hes probably just a harmless idiot that hangs around watching and taking photos or is it an actual reportable offence to pretend to be a "paramedic".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

volvot5 wrote: »
    is it an actual reportable offence to pretend to be a "paramedic".

Not in Ireland unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 10 volvot5

Ah so thats how he does it, hes not so stupid after all,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

volvot5 wrote: »
    Ah so thats how he does it, hes not so stupid after all,

No no still sounds stupid:)

Advertisement