Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conservation Ranger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Anyone any idea how many positions are going?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

That's a real...annoying application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

As always with the Public Service, they seem to be requesting a lot for circa 20k per annum. Still, it must be wonderful to get to work outdoors everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

Does anyone know what career advancement is like for these roles? I know its something you ask them normally but anyone have any insight on here?? It'd be really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

poor wages but wouldn't every time you go anywhere entitle you to subsistence payment which is not massive but would certainly add up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Yeboah wrote: »
    poor wages but wouldn't every time you go anywhere entitle you to subsistence payment which is not massive but would certainly add up

Not necessarily so. A supervisor with a local authority gets approx €10 per week subsistence.
    An engineer with a local authority gets approx €15 per day subsistence.
    I'd say this position is more closely aligned with the supervisor.

Anyone having problems opening the application form??

Anyone having problems opening the application form??

What problem are you having? Whats it saying?

I opened it no bother, well, think i had to download adobe but no problem.

Closing date is Thursday.

What problem are you having? Whats it saying?

I opened it no bother, well, think i had to download adobe but no problem.

Got it sorted cheers, that's one tough application form

• Advertisement

Got it sorted cheers, that's one tough application form

Ah its nasty, I took a look and just closed it, I must print it tonight and have a look at it tomorrow.

Ah its nasty, I took a look and just closed it, I must print it tonight and have a look at it tomorrow.

Yep I was just helping my sister out with it disevening. I'd say the numbers applying will be huge, love to know how many jobs will actually come off it. Fisheries done the same earlier in the year and they got 11 posts so it may be something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

I am having an issue with the application, downloaded no problem but when I am sending it there is no preview and looks like there is no content being sent. Is this purposely done ? Have latest version of flash etc and have tried it on both a mac and windows. cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wow that's really little money :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Anyone else having trouble opening the new supplementary application form?
    I'e the latest version of adobe reader and have tried all browsers, and just see the following message -

'Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download. For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader. Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

terrydel wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble opening the new supplementary application form?
    I'e the latest version of adobe reader and have tried all browsers, and just see the following message -

'Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download. For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader. Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.'

download the file to your computer and open it from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 griffonmark

Im having terrible trouble uploading the second application form. After completing the extra questions how do I upload it? Its driving me crazy. I can see it; I can print it but when I try to attach it I get an error form on the email. Website says open the current jobs section and select the job youre applying for but I cant get there! The laptop is grinding to a halt also. Send as email doesnt work. Can anybody help? Deadline is Wednesday and the system - or is it me? - is the most clunky way of applying for a job and sending off the application.
    Help. I'd say its easier disarming a couple of poachers than sending and filling out the forms for public jobs!

Im having terrible trouble uploading the second application form. After completing the extra questions how do I upload it? Its driving me crazy. I can see it; I can print it but when I try to attach it I get an error form on the email. Website says open the current jobs section and select the job youre applying for but I cant get there! The laptop is grinding to a halt also. Send as email doesnt work. Can anybody help? Deadline is Wednesday and the system - or is it me? - is the most clunky way of applying for a job and sending off the application.
    Help. I'd say its easier disarming a couple of poachers than sending and filling out the forms for public jobs!

Try different browser.

There's an email address in the message, you just send it to that address with your name and candidate id in the subject., well that's all I did, because that's the instructions. I didn't see anything about uploading it.
    Hope this helps mate

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭weadick

Any recent developments on this?

• Advertisement

weadick wrote: »
    Any recent developments on this?

I got an email confirming receipt of my supplementary application form, nothing beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

I rang PAS today & was told it will be another few weeks before the shortlisting for interview is completed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I rang PAS today & was told it will be another few weeks before the shortlisting for interview is completed :(

Still nothing. Must have been a lot of applications.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I rang PAS again and was given the same story, another FEW weeks! :( [sigh]

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I rang PAS again and was given the same story, another FEW weeks! :( [sigh]

Great :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Had an email from them this afternoon telling me I'm not going to the next stage. :(

Had an email from them this afternoon telling me I'm not going to the next stage. :(

Same :(
    a bit disappointed as I have a relevant degree and quite a bit of relevant experience... I can only assume those who were successful have more experience. I was hoping the salary wouldn't appeal to those with more experience... ah well, what's meant for you won't pass you by!
    Well done to all who are successful!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭virino

My son, who has years of experience and a higher degree, and works voluntarily in this field, has just got the same e-mail. I'm beginning to wonder, do these jobs exist at all? It seems strange not to even get to interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cbsam74

I didn't get called myself and I have both relevant Wildlife and Conservation Management and Forestry qualifications and I worked in this field in the private sector. I think the jobs were gone before they were even advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

cbsam74 wrote: »
    I didn't get called myself and I have both relevant Wildlife and Conservation Management and Forestry qualifications and I worked in this field in the private sector. I think the jobs were gone before they were even advertised.

They are entry level jobs and like all such jobs in departments go through PAS. There's no other way to fill them except through mobility or secondment.

Advertisement