Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

Fyi
    Strathroy down 0.5c @29.52 + 0.5 quality bonus

Thought that was decent of them this month. Credit where it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

For August, with Glanbia I was 4.44 bf and 3.67 pr, and the price I was paid with solids bonus was 33.20c/l. Can anyone tell me what Strathroy would of paid for them solids?

Timmaay wrote: »
    For August, with Glanbia I was 4.44 bf and 3.67 pr, and the price I was paid with solids bonus was 33.20c/l. Can anyone tell me what Strathroy would of paid for them solids?

Had 4.48 and 3.78 here, Got 35.97c including the vat and the scc/tbc 0.5c.
    On their statement is says

A €6.503 Prot EU/KG,
    B €2.670 B/fat EU/KG,
    C Col adj/ppl -4.00

I understand this is the same basis as Glanbia, just a different price.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,125 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Does that include the top up? Have strathroy any plans in place for brexit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

35.2c aprox including the quality bonus
    Edit=yeah 35.97c
    All from the market, and not from the cookie jar our own pockets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

6600 wrote: »
    Had 4.48 and 3.78 here, Got 35.97c including the vat and the scc/tbc 0.5c.
    On their statement is says

A €6.503 Prot EU/KG,
    B €2.670 B/fat EU/KG,
    C Col adj/ppl -4.00

I understand this is the same basis as Glanbia, just a different price.
    I'm jealous

whelan2 wrote: »

Strathroy aren't worried because at a minimum ag standards will be aligned and no deal is outlawed meaning tariffs are off the table too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Strathroy aren't worried because at a minimum ag standards will be aligned and no deal is outlawed meaning tariffs are off the table too

At this stage I would have thought eveyone had learned that definitive statements about what is going to happen re Brexit usually leave the pronouncer looking like a mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

It's hard to tell, can someone look at this part of my statement? From what I can tell the 33.2 includes the top up, despite the top up being underneath it, and I've excluded the 0.70liquid premium because I won't be getting that from Jan onwards

[url] https://ibb.co/jgPkkfV[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Ex vat my avg price is below 30 for the year., on the solids it's just shy of 4kg. My solids would be lower than a lot of ye now, well bf anyway this year

• Advertisement

It's hard to tell, can someone look at this part of my statement? From what I can tell the 33.2 includes the top up, despite the top up being underneath it, and I've excluded the 0.70liquid premium because I won't be getting that from Jan onwards

33.2 looks to include the co-op bonus but not the liquid one.
    I had a choice 3 years ago, never supplied milk before but am a shareholder of G.
    I read both documents, the Strathroy one was a simple one page document, just need to give 3 months notice if leaving and as a shareholder my milk can't be refused by G if I did go back to them, I can't see that happening though. The milk statement is a simple and clear single page, mandatory deductions only and no surprise tbc fines.
    I didn't like the idea of signing up for 5 years, existing suppliers are in a different situation. It's one decision I never regretted, it is extra money in my pocket every month. Competition is essential in any market. If it wasn't for Strathroy all Glanbia suppliers would be paying a stainless levy now.
    During the snow they paid a 50% advance on that month's milk payment which was well needed at the time. Have never had any issue with them and if you do you can ring the owner directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

You'd need a masters degree in Maths now to be able to read a milk statement and understand it

Certainly the Glanbia one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21,139 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Am I correct in that this is the first time the IFJ have published a simple table of the price paid by each processor? So this time, that is what I am putting up as Gawd always said was correct, no Vat incl.
    Gawd ad your own price below if you want us all weeping.

West Cork 30
    Aurivo 28.2
    Dairygold 27.22
    Glanbia 27
    Kerry 28
    Arrabawn 27.2
    Lakeland 28.49
    Strathroy 28

• Registered Users Posts: 29,125 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Water John wrote: »
    Am I correct in that this is the first time the IFJ have published a simple table of the price paid by each processor? So this time, that is what I am putting up as Gawd always said was correct, no Vat incl.
    Gawd ad your own price below if you want us all weeping.

West Cork 30
    Aurivo 28.2
    Dairygold 27.22
    Glanbia 27
    Kerry 28
    Arrabawn 27.2
    Lakeland 28.49
    Strathroy 28

No surprise who's at the bottom, again

No surprise who's at the bottom, again

Yes but are west cork the heroes they're made out to be compared to the price dawg is quoting. Big claim to fame being the smallest bollox in the group.

I think most milk in France would be going into niche, branded products, totally different market. We are in the international commodity market in main volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭alps

I think most milk in France would be going into niche, branded products, totally different market. We are in the international commodity market in main volumes.
    That's the excuse....

We have the highest priced and valued product marketed worldwide by Kerrygold, built on natural, healthy, tradable production methods...unmatched by price in any store anywhere that you would care to visit..

And before someone trots out the distance from market excuse....

Just 6.5c/kg away from 66million people in the UK

Less than 10c/kg away from 250 million people in Eurooe

And less that 15c/kg away from any European country..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

alps wrote: »
    That's the excuse....

We have the highest priced and valued product marketed worldwide by Kerrygold, built on natural, healthy, tradable production methods...unmatched by price in any store anywhere that you would care to visit..

What % of milk goes towards kerrygold products?

Butter is a basic commodity. Kerrygold is a clever branding of that. That gets you a small USP. You make a cheese with Regional Status, you can nearly name your price.

• Advertisement

Butter is a basic commodity. Kerrygold is a clever branding of that. That gets you a small USP.

Whose side are you on?😉😉

What % of milk goes towards kerrygold products?

Only know that West Cork coops put 70% of their product through Ornua...and result?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Only know that West Cork coops put 70% of their product through Ornua...and result?
    Have they extra processing capacity and high exec salaries?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Have they extra processing capacity and high exec salaries?

80 million euros going in at the moment .dont think any of yhe executives on the farm assit either.
    Slapping kerry gold on stuff dosent mean you can charge more.there has to be a point of difference which Irish butter has which wouldn't be the same with powder or chedder cheese. Also lack of sizeable domestic market is a huge disadvantage when it comes to establishing products and brands.we are more comparable to nz than European prices in terms where we sit.not that it cant be improved but its more about tweaking what we are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

https://edairynews.com/en/555-million-dairy-processing-plant-taking-shape-on-146-acres-in-st-johns-67825/

a cheese plant operating 24/7, hope the boyos on the board go for an oul visit might save us having to spend more money on stainless steel, the us glanbia say cheese demand is strong while the irish lads say difficult to move product demand static, different worlds i suppose

Cheddar has a limited market and very exposed to Brexit and Sterling. West Cork are investing to get away from that. Don't know the product mix of WC but have a significant cheddar manufacturing capability. They use drier for WMP for peak supply. Putting up plant for Mozzerela, which can now be frozen, extending its shelf life and wider market access.
    If one wanted to raise the USP of Kerrygold butter, one would use milk only from grazed grass, giving it colour and higher Omega 3.
    A change of outlook that considers the EU as our domestic market, with CU and SM in reality making it that.

Cheddar has a limited market and very exposed to Brexit and Sterling. West Cork are investing to get away from that. Don't know the product mix of WC but have a significant cheddar manufacturing capability. They use drier for WMP for peak supply. Putting up plant for Mozzerela, which can now be frozen, extending its shelf life and wider market access.
    If one wanted to raise the USP of Kerrygold butter, one would use milk only from grazed grass, giving it colour and higher Omega 3.
    A change of outlook that considers the EU as our domestic market, with CU and SM in reality making it that.

Kerrygold butter is only made from milk from grazed grass. That's why some of the fixed milk prices run from March to September....they are backed on the butter..

Maybe this fixed price product has filled the market space and the rest is now distressed??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Kerrygold butter is only made from milk from grazed grass. That's why some of the fixed milk prices run from March to September....they are backed on the butter..

Maybe this fixed price product has filled the market space and the rest is now distressed??

Shir they were blaming butter for part of the fall in price. The fixed price should be a certain volume of product sold at a fixed price, if done right, to remove that portion from market fluctuations, so it shouldn't have an effect on the market price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

GDT up again.
    hElUyq8.jpg

• Advertisement

We've a world renowned dairy product for its quality according to catriona linnane on rte news there now on a piece on Brexit and the dairy industry...

No mention of our pre brexit world renowned price only some lad from ornua saying we'll continue to produce it
    Probably thinking in the back of his mind he'll still get paid more and more anyway...

Advertisement