Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wales vs Australia 3.30 (BBC)

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Moore is incredibly agro for a captain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Unsurprisingly Wales messed that up.

That's a great tackle by Frisby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Horrific from wales and giving the Aussie's another try

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some shocking pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I haven't watched much Northampton recently, but is it me or has George North lost it a bit? He used to be such an exciting player, doesn't seem to have much influence on the Wales games these days.

One of the touch judges looks like Sam Burgess

I haven't watched much Northampton recently, but is it me or has George North lost it a bit? He used to be such an exciting player, doesn't seem to have much influence on the Wales games these days.

Since that long lay off last year he doesn't seem to be that involved. That may just be coincidence but it does seem like he's lost something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

A while back he said he wasn't enjoying playing for Northampton because they don't set up in a way that allows their backs to okay attacking rugby. While that's true I also think he isn't in too form either nor has he been in quite a while.

Hallam Amos has looked good since he came on.

• Advertisement

Think he's had quite a few niggle injuries too, hamstring a few months back, couple of hand injuries, could all be holding him back just that little bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Kearney-esque perhaps?

Wow, barely even a polite clap from the crowd there.

Baabaas v South Africa is free on sky sports mix 407 if ye want a look

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Moriarty, Webb and Amos about the only positives for wales there

Dan Biggar isn't very good is he? Always wonder what people are going on about when they say he's rivalling Sexton for the Lions jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Clegg wrote: »
    Dan Biggar isn't very good is he? Always wonder what people are going on about when they say he's rivalling Sexton for the Lions jersey.

Yes, he is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭shootermacg

One team at the end of their season and the other at the start.

Seeing a lot of "glad to see the time away from the regions worked so well" kind of tweets from Welsh fans. Always mad about something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Moriarty, Webb and Amos about the only positives for wales there

and Webb went off injured :(

• Advertisement

Seeing a lot of "glad to see the time away from the regions worked so well" kind of tweets from Welsh fans. Always mad about something.

They could learn from the Irish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

A truly atrocious Welsh performance which flattered the Aussies - a team of three-time losers humiliated by the All Blacks this season.

I think he is a good player. Kicks his points and is strong in contact defensively. He's a fairly fearless chap too and gets stuck in at the breakdown.

He isn't as good as Sexton in that he isn't any more of an attacking threat ball in hand but he isn't in the same conversation at all in terms of his game management.

Still a good player and with a good pack in front of him he is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

Rugby fans seem to be obsessed with Welsh players.

Wales really have a lot of dross in their side. Cuthbert, Jenkins, Roberts, Lydiate are all past their best but still playing because there's nothing better coming through. Halfpenny still has his uses in defence and kicking. Not offering much in attack though.

Love watching Foley for Australia. If they had a consistently good 9 they'd be a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

North looked pretty poor too today, Wales being shiite overall of course. Look forward to seeing this team getting tonked by NZ on tour next summer.

Wales really have a lot of dross in their side. Cuthbert, Jenkins, Roberts, Lydiate are all past their best but still playing because there's nothing better coming through.

Amos looked alright today. Keelan Giles, Eli Walker and Ashton Hewitt have all looked good of late. Maybe Wales are a bit like Ireland, reluctant to drop experience for potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Moriarty was really the only bright spark for Wales, easy to tell he knew he was playing for a spot. Tipuric, Amos, and Cuthbert were decent, but mostly ****. That's about it for Wales.

The Aussies didn't look great either. The Welsh defence made them look very, very good, when in reality they were sloppy and butchered at least half a dozen try scoring chances. A lot more confident about facing them now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement