Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf V - November start - expression of interest

Options
  • 01-11-2016 12:25pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests.

Throwing out some ideas for dates.

There's a few people offering to co-mod - if they let me know how many players they want to cap it off to and I'll update the thread accordingly.

Which date would you like to start the game? 21 votes

13th November
    0%
    20th November
    80%
    cee_jaydegrassinoelcrosstownkquickbeamtritiummahamageehadandy125Uriel.MerowigGuffyPaddy CowJayopBarney92MrsFlushdrawDigital Solitude[Deleted User][Deleted User] 17 votes
    27th November
    19%
    mahamageehadUriel.Mollyb60AnLachaCorcra 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

20th November
    I went for the 13th simply because it suits me best but I'm happy to play no matter what the start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

20th November
    20th is a bad idea imo, with beers, gives players an unfair advantage.

13th leaves room for a christmas game too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

20th is a bad idea imo, with beers, gives players an unfair advantage.

13th leaves room for a christmas game too
    Speed round - that had us finished in time for the bank holiday :pac:

But yes, that is a consideration. I just threw some ideas of dates out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

20th November
    I'm moving to the States on Thursday so I may sit this one out. I'll see how I get set up in the next week or so and let you know, if you're still looking for players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'm moving to the States on Thursday so I may sit this one out. I'll see how I get set up in the next week or so and let you know, if you're still looking for players.

Good luck with the move dude. I should probably phone ahead to homeland security and warn them of a dodgy character :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

27th November
    Any date suits me really. Picked the 20th as it's in the middle. Yes that's how my mind works. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

27th November
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Any date suits me really. Picked the 20th as it's in the middle. Yes that's how my mind works. :D

you can actually vote for more than one choice in the poll if more than one date suits

20th November
    Barney92 wrote: »

Best of luck with the move, Barney. You'll easily bluff your way through security!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

27th November
    Both of the first weeks suit me.

I do think we should consider starting on a Friday night though. First kill on Friday night/Sat morn, 1st lynch on Sat evening. Seems a bit counter-intuitive but the start of the thread is always busy as the most people are in so even if it's a bit quieter it's ok. Those lynches and munches are random/grudges anyways at that stage. Then by Monday there's something to dig into and properly investigate. Game would probably wrap up then between Wed and Fri depending on the game.

Also, good luck with the move Barney!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Both of the first weeks suit me.

I do think we should consider starting on a Friday night though. First kill on Friday night/Sat morn, 1st lynch on Sat evening. Seems a bit counter-intuitive but the start of the thread is always busy as the most people are in so even if it's a bit quieter it's ok. Those lynches and munches are random/grudges anyways at that stage. Then by Monday there's something to dig into and properly investigate. Game would probably wrap up then between Wed and Fri depending on the game.

Also, good luck with the move Barney!

I'd also be in favour of a Friday start (even though I have college on a Sat) It would allow me to both play the game and keep my job!! (my productivity on a Monday and Tuesday of game week is through the floor)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'd be up for a Friday, or even Thursday start.

27th November
    In theory, I'd also agree with a Friday start however actually, I'll be at a work drinking session on the 11th, in Dublin for the rugby on the 12th and probably hungover on the 13th so that wouldn't suit me at all.
    The 18th/19th and 25th/26th would suit me much better for a Friday start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'd like to be able to view the game thread and the dead room and run a prediction thread in the other place if that's ok.

20th November
    Ill play but will step aside if we have 2 many players

Ditto

20th November

I'd love to play but also willing to step aside especially if new players want to get involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

20th November
    Sign me up :)

20th November
    I may or may not play this game, I'm super busy with college the next few weeks and work takes up 3 more evenings during the week, and housemates want me to DM some D&D adventures soon as well... Busy man.

Also I heartily recommend everyone give D&D a whirl if you can free an evening a week with a group, it's great fun.

Can I have till Friday MrsFD or would you like a definite sooner?

27th November
    Also I heartily recommend everyone give D&D a whirl if you can free an evening a week with a group, it's great fun.

I LOVE D&D, haven't played in a few years though since half of our team moved to frickin Wales. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

20th November
    Im game again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

20th November
    I don't have a cap on players, ran one with 44! That was tough though.

Let us know for sure DS when you can

20th November
    I think I'll leave it, friends are starting a game on Facebook soon so I'll play that instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I may or may not play this game, I'm super busy with college the next few weeks and work takes up 3 more evenings during the week, and housemates want me to DM some D&D adventures soon as well... Busy man.

Can I have till Friday MrsFD or would you like a definite sooner?

Shadowrun ftw

20th November
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I LOVE D&D, haven't played in a few years though since half of our team moved to frickin Wales. :rolleyes:

I moved away from Scotland but it was meeting boys that ruined my D&D play! loved AD&D, MERP, Warhammer, Palladium! wish my kids could have got into it. Hard enough to get them to read my fantasy novels I have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

20th November
    If you're still looking for people I'd be up for it again. I reckon I should be able to contribute from here, probably more so than back in Ireland.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

20th November
    The more the merrier, Barney. I'll add you in.

20th November
    Going to close signup on Thursday night and we will send out roles the next day.

Still time to pass the word around, there is no maximum players!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭tritium

20th November
    Going to close signup on Thursday night and we will send out roles the next day.

Still time to pass the word around, there is no maximum players!

So we start the actual game on Friday so?

(Yes i realise this may be a dumb question :) )

If there's still room I'd be up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

20th November
    Added to the list.

Advertisement