Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

They couldn't be easier, really. The dough is a simple pizza dough - mix of regular and strong flour, salt, olive oil, yeast and warm water. I can't really give quantities as I'm doing them by eye, but any pizza dough recipe you have will be just fine.

The filling is finely chopped broccoli (4 or 5 florets), 3 cloves of garlic, half a tub of garlic and herb cream cheese and a stock cube.

Fry the broccoli and the garlic in a little oil. Once the garlic goes brown, start adding a bit of water, then let that cook down. Repeat until the broccoli is tender. Add the cream cheese, stock cube and a bit more water, then let this simmer down until it's thickened. Leave this too cool down.

Roll out the dough into circles, spread the filling, fold over from 3 sides to form triangles, leaving the middle open and the filling exposed. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, then bake the breads for 10 - 15 minutes. When you take them out, brush them with a little more olive oil for a nice shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Chicken, mushroom, cream. White asparagus, boiled spuds. Doesn't look much but the flavour was amazing.

Had to be quick between finishing work and starting classes. Stir-fried veg with noodles, eggs, topped with homemade kimchi

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Meatballs with orzo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Sabrina Ghayour spiced lamb hot pot. I really messed up the potato spiral arrangement on top, wasn't even thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Looks delicious @Black Sheep!

Can't wait to get starting with oven food soon (have been without a working oven for nearly two years! But will have one shortly.)

Chicken and vegetable curry, red Thai style, with fried rice. Not an authentic mix, but still tasty.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Did you follow the Nigella recipe for this?

Big fan of this dish, very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Broccoli and mushroom pasta to round out what has turned out to be a vegetarian day ... except for the parmesan. Ah well.

I did, yeah! Except I skipped the vermouth (cause who has that knocking around...) and bought the meatballs in the supermarket 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ye can buy red and white Vermouth in Tesco, we always have it in the cupboard! 😁

Mostly because it's in tons of Nigella recipes and her cookbooks are staples in this house!

The other thing she uses a lot is Marsala, haven't managed to get my hands on that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Toad in the hole and onion gravy. Had a pack of sausages to use up and not much else to go with them. Batter is such a handy backup! It actually rose pretty well but it took the sausages up with it!

Very neat looking!

I always love when it's fresh, but it's one of those meals that 15 minutes later looks like a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Always a bottle of vermouth here to, good aul Nigella. It's been hammered in the minimum alcohol pricing whim but always handy to have one around.

Chicken and cashew.

I'm attempting to make a very precarious and whimsical dish of salted cod (from a can) with potatoes, chickpeas and "sweated" (not browned) onions. To be served with spinach.

It's my invention that is vaguely Portuguese, in my head. I'm very unsure if this will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭con747

Slow cooker stew for the next few days.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

It turned out very tasty. I added a lot of salt and olive oil, bay leaves, sherry vinegar, and even some extra smoked herring, as the canned cod wasn't enough the balance the potatoes and peas.

Aul one over for dinner. Sous vide pork, cider gravy, with some roasted fennel and colcannon, albeit colcannon with the kale not cooked enough beforehand. Tried making homemade apple sauce following some recipes online, it was odd but not entirely unpleasant. If anyone has any good ones, throw them my way.

Chana masala, matar paneer and chapattis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Looks fantastic.

Apple sauce is just cooking (bramley) apple, peeled and chopped and cooked down in pot or microwave with a tiny bit of water and sugar to taste. Squeeze of lemon and pinch of salt can be nice, too.

Really no need for a recipe

Mine was butter, apples (to be fair it was just what I had in the house, not cooking apples) sugar, lemon juice and a pinch of nutmeg and a clove (these weren't in the recipe, I put them in for the craic). I think my problem was the butter and the wrong type of apples. Ah well, learning for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You can make apple sauce from eating apples but you need to mash or blitz it and they definitely need some lemon juice added.

I see a lot of recipes have butter in them but I've never added butter. A little bit of meat juice can be nice added, too.

Just a quick and simple stir fry after my evening run

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Half rotisserie chicken with spuds and avocado. Was hungry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 514 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Beef & Guinness stew

TikTok pasta with a few extra bits (chicken, red onion, broccoli and parmesan)

Post edited by woodchuck on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah that's the one, where you bake feta and cherry tomatoes with a hint of chilli

• Advertisement

Too much beef. Mushroom pepper sauce not in shot.

On the bright sude ... beef for tomorrow.

Advertisement