Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Choc Chip wrote: »
    484067.PNG

Fixxxer! I had a foster who was the spit of your dog!

I loved him. :(

Aw he's a best boy. They're so funny when they start roaching :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

sullivlo wrote: »
    What’s his/her name?

Saskia (sass) - she came with it from the rescue and she was so scared when she first arrived that I couldn't bring myself to change anything that she recognised.

She's getting a bit older and slower now (can't make the jump into my parent's jeep, never mind the tractor anymore) but she's still the best girl.

I trained her to fill my washing machine, so she is objectively the best dog in the entire world. I am completely unbiased.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I love dogs that do things.

Our previous dog, Misty, used to come wasp hunting around the house with me.

New dogs run away like idiots.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Aw he's a best boy. They're so funny when they start roaching :)

It's the legs that get me. I've had a few sighthound fosters and I love how they lie with their legs stuck out everywhere like they're some massive inconvenience.

I had one who would squash herself into a tiny dog crate and lie with her legs stuck out of the open door.

I am going to do some actual work now and stop trying to turn forum games into animals and pets... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

It's the legs that get me. I've had a few sighthound fosters and I love how they lie with their legs stuck out everywhere like they're some massive inconvenience.

I had one who would squash herself into a tiny dog crate and lie with her legs stuck out of the open door.

I am going to do some actual work now and stop trying to turn forum games into animals and pets... :o

It's not just sighthounds lol

484079.jpg

• Advertisement

My fella runs like they're an inconvenience sometimes. Down hill chasing a bird he got tangled up in his own feet ;_; Wish I'd got a picture of his embarrassed face.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Greyhounds and Lurchers are like Bambi learning to walk, sometimes.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Greyhounds and Lurchers are like Bambi learning to walk, sometimes.

What do I do with my legs?!!

484100.PNG

That's my last pic. Promise.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ha, just saw one of your doggos pics on the Boards FB page Choc Chip :D

Necro wrote: »
    Ha, just saw one of your doggos pics on the Boards FB page Choc Chip :D

I've gone mad. I'm posting them everywhere. This is 8 years of frustration at not being able to post images finally being released.

• Advertisement

Boards has a FB page??

grapevines are not always accurate!

So, my daughter lives in Australia and she texted me this morning saying “did you hear about X”. Yesterday a woman’s body was found so I said “was that X?” and she said “yeah”.

So I then rang my sister to say X was dead. Told me husband too and his mum. Hubby rings me up earlier asking was I sure cos ones that should know hadn’t heard. I then text my daughter asking how she knew in Australia and she said so and so in London told her. Told my hubby who so and so was and we agreed it was probably accurate enough.

Sister rang me later wondering was I sure the ones she told hadn’t heard. Relayed who the info came from and agreed it could be accurate. Kept an eye on death notices but thought it might be too early and THEN

X is on twitter tweeting about the dead woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

X is on twitter tweeting about the dead woman!

Sake!

Classic X

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Loving the pet pics folks, you make me very jealous I've not got one.

Got my final results today from college and got me a 1st. Delighted with life altogether. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well done Ecto

Well done Ecto

I've played a few forum games now so I guess I'm allowed to share some of my pets? (Yay, any excuse!) Here's one of my cats and one of my dogs, who are a tiny bit in love with each other.

zti2oy.png

hwifz4.png

os7m83.png

1y22w6.png

Oh, what a pair BB!! They're lovely :)

Congrats on the results Ecto.

Edit: Oh, and of course BB, we're happy to have you on our off-topic thread!

My Irish isn't the best, so I Google Translated your name there BB. I likey :P

• Advertisement

My Irish isn't the best, so I Google Translated your name there BB. I likey :P

Haha thanks! ;)

AW THEY ARE BESTOS LOVE CONQUERS ALL

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

More the merrier BuileBeag :)

Those are some awesome pets!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I endorse the thread name change. Long may the pet pics last!

When's your baby getting his little sibling, Molly?

Missy's mother is called Penny. I love her, but she's a complete bitch and there is no such thing as a decent photo of her.

I did it, I got a photo of Penny! In her defence though, she suffered a trauma 2 years ago. We came home to find her on the doorstep with her face all bloodied and her lower jaw dislocated. Some fúck did something to her and we don't know who/what but she went through an awful time with that and surgeries. She absolutely despises humans but unlike most cats, she unfortunately has good reason to.

X3cUlUn.jpg?1

She’s beautiful. I love her colouring

Pet names sheep next i presume

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Pet names sheep next i presume
    Renaming the anon accounts after our pets?

We could have the Riona/Fiona confusion with Missy/Misty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When's your baby getting his little sibling, Molly?

I'm off to Sicily for a wedding on the 12th so the plan is to go to the adoption centre when I get back with the intention of bringing home the new baby/kitteh at the end of July. We've both taken subsequent weeks off work so that we'll have 2 weeks to settle the new cat in and get Pangur used to him/her. We're both really nervous about it. We're hoping Pangur won't be too stressed out.
    Catio is hopefully being installed this week or next week so we'll be all set to go. We fully accept that we have now become insano cat parents. :DThe handyman who fitted the catflap looked at me like I was crazy when I told him about the catio.

Advertisement