Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare €50/€70 in Supervalu

Options
  • 28-10-2016 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

Not a huge saving, but as usual supervalu will be selling call of duty infinite warfare on launch day for Xbox One and PS4 for €50 each, or €70 for the legacy edition which includes the remaster of Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,326 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Not a huge saving, but as usual supervalu will be selling call of duty infinite warfare on launch day for Xbox One and PS4 for €50 each, or €70 for the legacy edition which includes the remaster of Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.

if only i could just pay the €20 straight away for the COD4 remaster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'd say it'll be released separate down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Do they let you buy these as soon as the shop opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

When is release day?

spongbob wrote: »
    When is release day?

Friday 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'd say it'll be released separate down the line.

I really hope you're right with this.

Would love to play the remaster but no particular interest in the new game. That said I haven't even looked at trailers for it.

Have they up'd their game at all? I lost interest after Advanced Warfare 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

jclack wrote:
    Do they let you buy these as soon as the shop opens?

You'd be better off pre-ordering in your local Super Valu and collecting it on launch day. I nearly missed out on €50 FIFA 17 cos I didn't pre-order. They were about 50 copies held for pre-order and only about 7 copies went on general sale to the public that morning.

Would love to play the remaster but no particular interest in the new game. That said I haven't even looked at trailers for it.

You mean the original advanced warfare, or black ops 3? :P

I went into supervalu in Swords Pavilions and asked to pre order a copy for Friday though, and the woman serving me had no idea what I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Once you could start jumping around maps I gave up, im with you though if they release this separate id get it. Id pay 40 or 50for the remastered alone. No interest in the main game. Asked about reordering myself but they said first come first serve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

j14 wrote: »
    You'd be better off pre-ordering in your local Super Valu and collecting it on launch day. I nearly missed out on €50 FIFA 17 cos I didn't pre-order. They were about 50 copies held for pre-order and only about 7 copies went on general sale to the public that morning.

never ever heard of a SuperValu taking pre-orders for a game.

You mean the original advanced warfare, or black ops 3? :P

Original one. Shows how longs it's been

Have Supervalu announced what stores will be selling COD this year?

Have Supervalu announced what stores will be selling COD this year?

I asked them on twitter and they said to contact your local store.

I asked them on twitter and they said to contact your local store.

Cheers. 2 of the Supervalus near me were listed as selling FIFA 17 and on the morning of release neither store knew if they would be getting any stock in. Hope this launch is done a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

never ever heard of a SuperValu taking pre-orders for a game.

Then you should visit my local Super Valu in Lucan. They do it for the big releases every year. Usually FIFA and COD. Xbox one and PS4 versions for €50 on launch day is a great deal.

A guy over in the Xbox forum said that he saw a sign this morning in supervalu on Talbot Street that the game would be E55 and E80 for the legacy edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

still €10 cheaper than Smyths, and €20 cheaper than Gamestop.

Well swords told me 50 and 70 respectively.

Yeah I've seen some of the stores say on Facebook it would be 50/70. Weird if it will be different prices in some stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

If you're going to get the €70 edition and are interested in buying the season pass (for Infinite Warfare), then it's not much of a saving over the digital edition from the MS store, if any?

The Digital Deluxe Edition costs €110. That might be an alternative option if you are in a position to download it all (it's already available to download btw).

Personally I prefer the download as I don't need to mess around with discs. However I know many like to trade in after a while... I'll be playing them throughout the year hopefully!

biebiebie wrote: »
    If you're going to get the €70 edition and are interested in buying the season pass (for Infinite Warfare), then it's not much of a saving over the digital edition from the MS store, if any?

The Digital Deluxe Edition costs €110. That might be an alternative option if you are in a position to download it all (it's already available to download btw).

Personally I prefer the download as I don't need to mess around with discs. However I know many like to trade in after a while... I'll be playing them throughout the year hopefully!

What does the season pass entitle you to? Just more maps?

Also I asked on the call of duty thread but maybe people here might know.

Does swords Supervalu sell games?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

Be aware I seen somewhere people saying you need 120GB of free space to install both games

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

ieoin wrote: »
    Be aware I seen somewhere people saying you need 120GB of free space to install both games

Just under 100gb of space on my xbox one.

What does the season pass entitle you to? Just more maps?

Also I asked on the call of duty thread but maybe people here might know.

Does swords Supervalu sell games?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

I don't own any new consoles but realistically speaking is that not a lot or is it standard nowadays? Its a money grab selling cod 4 bundled

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I don't own any new consoles but realistically speaking is that not a lot or is it standard nowadays? Its a money grab selling cod 4 bundled

that's pretty standard, and it's a total money grab, the base game is getting slated left right and center and most everyone i know getting it is doing so for the remaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Will there be DLC for MW? Reason I'm asking is because most online COD reviewers etc. seem to think (as well as how this thread is going) that MW will be played more than IW. I'd say they could see a nosedive in DLC sales if it's just for IW.

Its definitely money grabbing, considering they haven't announced if and when COD 4 remaster will be sold without Infinite Warfare.

Is there not some free maps coming for MW?

• Advertisement

Saw that alright. Lots of deleting to do

Advertisement