Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Insurance

• 27-10-2016 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ sm3ar

Know very little about classic cars, but is insurance very expensive on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭ Silvera

Mostly depends on your age...and the age of the car. If you are over 25 and the car is over 30 you're looking at anything between €150 - c.€400 for a limited mileage policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ Testacalda

and you will normally need proof that you have an existing policy on a normal vehicle for daly use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭ dar_cool

120 with campion but policy is 3rd party only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭ Skatedude

400 a year for my 97 bmw 840 with a limited 6000 miles a year with allianz through first ireland brokers.

Car must be 15 or older , driver needs to be 25 or older and it's my daily and only car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭ homingbird

FBD dont have a limited milage policy on classic cars so go with them if you plan on using your car alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭ LorenzoB

Skatedude wrote: »
    400 a year for my 97 bmw 840 with a limited 6000 miles a year with allianz through first ireland brokers.

Car must be 15 or older , driver needs to be 25 or older and it's my daily and only car

Did they really quote you in miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭ Skatedude

LorenzoB wrote: »
    Did they really quote you in miles?

Yes, but they list the km as well, but i'll always use millage for cars. And most "classics will still be using a millage odometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭ Silvera

homingbird wrote: »
    FBD dont have a limited milage policy on classic cars so go with them if you plan on using your car alot.

I tried FBD for classic insurance and - while they came back with a good quote - they had some odd conditions, e.g. they listed me as 'retired' (and said they had to do so for a classic policy?!?) even though I work full-time and am decades from retirement?!:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement