Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shankill Dublin Bus?

Options
  • 27-10-2016 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭

Saw a yellow single decker bus on the n11 yesterday. Assumed it was a ordinary privately owned bus however it had Dublin Bus and TFI stickers on it and it wasn't in ordinary DB livery and it was displaying 000 Shankill Dublin Bus. Driver was not wearing a DB uniform. Anyone know what this is all about? Seems rather odd. By the way there were passengers on it and it had a 2000 cork plate on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AV277

That must be Express Bus ex VWL106 (can't link photos as I'm a new poster but if you search on flickr for 'former VWL106' a pic of the bus you must taking about comes up). It's an ex Bus Eireann Cork city bus.

I'd say it was running a schools service, hence the DB stickers. DB contracts independents for schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

AV277 wrote: »
    I'd say it was running a schools service, hence the DB stickers. DB contracts independents for schools.

I didn't know know DB operated school buses that's. How long have they been doing is that a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I didn't know know DB operated school buses that's. How long have they been doing is that a new thing.

It has been happening for years. Absolutely nothing new about it.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Contracted-Services/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The 63 route occasionally has a single decker bus

The 63 route occasionally has a single decker bus

That's completely different - that's one of DB's three remaining single decks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I wonder will the 8 become one of these services since one of its departures is being kept for schools. Also I'm surprised the 116 isint one ofor these services since its only really used by schoolkids.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I wonder will the 8 become one of these services since one of its departures is being kept for schools. Also I'm surprised the 116 isint one ofor these services since its only really used by schoolkids.

Routes such as 46e, 116 and 118 all sweep up large numbers of passengers along the Stillorgan QBC after the Gaelscoileanna and as such are important as providers of additional capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Ha! I thought the great undead of Dublin Bus routes, the 86, was back to haunt us for Hallowe'en :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91859656

Advertisement