Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ship airsoft guns from US to Ireland

Options
  • 23-10-2016 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I just moved to Ireland from the US. Back in the states I had a few airsoft rifles that I left with a friend intending to have them ship them to me eventually, but first I have a few questions. First, would they be able to just mail them to me? I don't know if they would be stopped by customs, or if they would just need to fill out some documentation that says what they are or or how that would work. The other option would be when ever I go back I take them with me; I know how this works with airline policies and what not, but I just don't want any trouble. The last concern is that one of the two is over the 328FPS limit, so would if my friend were to ship it, would they be able to ship it and I downgrade it upon receiving it, or would I need to have it done before it is shipped (I don't know how or if the customs officials would check).
    Thanks, Rhys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

My advice would be to have the over powered one downgraded before shipping as you risk it being seized and you most likely won't get it back as its considered an unlicensed firearm.
    I would also suggest to minimise delays by having both guns chronographed and certified as under 1 joule by a local shop and have copies of the certs in the packing with your rifs.

Advertisement