Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis/Hemp Products/Medicinal/Legal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

She has....the CBD oil alone has reduced her daughters siezures but she needs a slightly higher THC content to eliminate them completly.

The pattern is as every new "cure" fails to live up to expectations the snake oil salesmen will just invent a new incarnation.

And she is probably right. A bit like the cervical cancer vaccine that is being pushed on young girls by the government without giving the parents all the proper information. Then the government throws a strop because the parents are asking questions the government and the HPRA dont want to answer.

Crackpot conspiracies and the deeper she goes the worse it will be for her daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭theValheru853

jh79 wrote:
    Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick , you are just saying the results didn't live up to your expectation not that it was poorly designed?

Those are the results....full stop.

jh79 wrote:
    But she has no clinical data to support this claim. That's why she is leaving the country. She has zero evidence that higher thc will help her daughter.

But there is evidence. The child in west cork is getting on well by all accounts because of the higher THC in the medicinal cannabis that he is taking.

jh79 wrote:
    The pattern is as every new "cure" fails to live up to expectations the snake oil salesmen will just invent a new incarnation.

The CBD oil alone has reduced her daughters siezures due to the very limited THC in it. That is hard to refute.

• Advertisement

jh79 wrote:
    Crackpot conspiracies and the deeper she goes the worse it will be for her daughter.

So are you claiming that it is pure coincidence that these girls that have recived that vaccine are getting sick?
    Parents have a right to ask whatever questions they want concerning the treatments their kids receive and shouldn't be told to shut up and take it.

So are you claiming that it is pure coincidence that these girls that have recived that vaccine are getting sick?
    Parents have a right to ask whatever questions they want concerning the treatments their kids receive and shouldn't be told to shut up and take it.

Yes it is but that's for another thread.

You never answered my question about what was wrong with the GW pharma study?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Medical professionals and doctors are not always right, often they are proven to be wrong in their opinions and diagnosis.
    Maybe the the CBD / THC treatment does and will work, but they don't want to see it yet and take it a step further.
    Vera is doing the right thing at last, get out of the country to people who are familiar with the condition and treating it with CBD / THC.
    If all goes well, which I am sure most of us hope it does, she can then follow the lead of others and apply for the licence to import the formula for their child.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Medical professionals and doctors are not always right, often they are proven to be wrong in their opinions and diagnosis.
    Maybe the the CBD / THC treatment does and will work, but they don't want to see it yet and take it a step further.
    Vera is doing the right thing at last, get out of the country to people who are familiar with the condition and treating it with CBD / THC.
    If all goes well, which I am sure most of us hope it does, she can then follow the lead of others and apply for the licence to import the formula for their child.

Yes they need to be proven to be wrong you can't expect the latest claim around medical weed to be taken seriously by professionals if there is little evidence for it.

jh79 wrote:
    Yes it is but that's for another thread.

You are right there.
    jh79 wrote:
    You never answered my question about what was wrong with the GW pharma study?

I did. The study was a failure. It was the hope for many drug resistant epilipsy sufferers. 5% chance of success and bad side effects and a death due to the side effects.....even the child's neurologist was happy she had lost her place.

• Advertisement

You are right there.

I did. The study was a failure. It was the hope for many drug resistant epilipsy sufferers. 5% chance of success and bad side effects and a death due to the side effects.....even the child's neurologist was happy she had lost her place.

The results are a reflection of the drugs actual medicinal properties unless of course you have spotted a flaw in the studies methodology.

So why , if weed is such a magical plant, did this study fail in your opinion ( i don't think it was a failure btw)? They used the plant after all.

Actually they didn't. It's an attempt to fabricate a synthethic version of a natural product.

And thats why it failed

Actually they didn't. It's an attempt to fabricate a synthethic version of a natural product.

And thats why it failed

It is an whole plant extract. They have a massive weed farm in the uk. It is just a standardised strain as natural as what i smoked in amsterdam a few weeks back.

And thats why it failed

If you have Netflix there is a documentary called Medicinal Marijuana and towards the end they speak with one of the directors of G.W.
    In the segment it shows part of their growing and drying process and they discuss blending strains. All natural plant.

jh79 wrote:
    It is an whole plant extract. They have a massive weed farm in the uk. It is just a standardised strain as natural as what i smoked in amsterdam a few weeks back.

K.Flyer wrote:
    If you have Netflix there is a documentary called Medicinal Marijuana and towards the end they speak with one of the directors of G.W. In the segment it shows part of their growing and drying process and they discuss blending strains. All natural plant.

Lads, if you belive that, you'll believe anything. The stuff is not any type of plant extract. It's a fully synthethic attempt to duplicate something natural.

Lads, if you belive that, you'll believe anything. The stuff is not any type of plant extract. It's a fully synthethic attempt to duplicate something natural.

So the conspiracy is they just grow all those plants to trick us, hilarious.

That made me laugh out loud, you should do a bit more research before making comments like that.
    G.W. Pharma are spending huge money to build grow houses to produce approx 100 tonnes of cannabis plant a year under almost perfect growing and soil conditions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

I have never understood why people are so passionate about legalizing it? No I don't smoke. I wouldn't vote to legalize it.

But I don't think i will ever ask to vote on it though. I imagine if it is legalized they will just do so without feeling the need to ask me about what you do with your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I have never understood why people are so passionate about legalizing it? No I don't smoke. I wouldn't vote to legalize it.

But I don't think i will ever ask to vote on it though. I imagine if it is legalized they will just do so without feeling the need to ask me about what you do with your body.

Some people just like it for numerous reasons, same as some people like a drink, surf, cup of tea. They shouldn't be classed as criminals for growing or using it. It's an absurd law.
    Your right you shouldn't be allowed vote on it, should just happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I'm not a regular user, I just want to see badly grown crap off of the streets and to be able to use it for pain relief without having to worry about quality or being arrested. The same with ecstasy, I'd rather see people have access to pure mdma than pills tainted with pma etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

jh79 wrote: »
    when you say plant do you refer to cannabis or hemp ?
    since for hemp you just need water and sun, leave it couple months and you have plant with a bark of a tree growing.Looks like cannabis but if you were to smoke ton of it it wouldn't have any effects at all in any way or form.

Since that's where cbt comes from doesnt it ? hemp extract which is just industrial hemp extracted via Co2, and looking at price cost ratio its most expensive placebo there is on the market, since cup of coffee literally would have more pronounced effects.

Wonder is all that stomping about all the studies you refer use just that extract of a plant which is basically on par with lemon grass, since imagine in that way studies would definitely show that it barely has any effects or properties.

scamalert wrote: »
    when you say plant do you refer to cannabis or hemp ?
    since for hemp you just need water and sun, leave it couple months and you have plant with a bark of a tree growing.Looks like cannabis but if you were to smoke ton of it it wouldn't have any effects at all in any way or form.

Since that's where cbt comes from doesnt it ? hemp extract which is just industrial hemp extracted via Co2, and looking at price cost ratio its most expensive placebo there is on the market, since cup of coffee literally would have more pronounced effects.

Wonder is all that stomping about all the studies you refer use just that extract of a plant which is basically on par with lemon grass, since imagine in that way studies would definitely show that it barely has any effects or properties.

They used weed no different to that sold in Amsterdam except with guaranteed ratios of cbd/thc.

It's weed. Simple as.

Do you actually read any of these studies?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are you highlighting this study because it is interesting or because you think it strengthens the case for medical marijuana (it doesn't btw)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

GW Pharmaceuticals are not producing the correct oil. The correct full plant 1/1 extract is a warm tar like substance. It is watered down (for want of a better phrase) with alcohol I believe.
    It is also, for what it purports to be, is very expensive. This oil can be made for a fraction of the cost at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGWxz0DMSI

kleefarr wrote: »
    GW Pharmaceuticals are not producing the correct oil. The correct full plant 1/1 extract is a warm tar like substance. It is watered down (for want of a better phrase) with alcohol I believe.
    It is also, for what it purports to be, is very expensive. This oil can be made for a fraction of the cost at home.

It's not watered down, it is dissolved in alcohol. This would have no effect on it's therapeutic properties.

The results of the trial are a true reflection of that weed with that specific thc/cbd composition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Legalise it and regulate it ffs.

• Advertisement

kleefarr wrote: »

The method originally used by Rick Simpson is not to dissimilar to what G.W. use and what that video shows. If you watch and listen at 11.00mins you will see a very large bottle of food grade Alcohol beside her which she soaks the weed in.
    This is method is commonly referred to as the R.S.O. method and you burn off the Alcohol in the process (Carboxylation) to obtain the resin.
    A lot of people use olive oil with some sort of flavoring mixed with the resin to make it more palatable, which is why it can look a bit more viscous than the thick resin.
    The method is straight forward enough, but you need to have the right product. So where do you get it, how much do you need long term (cost) with the correct THC / CBD ratio, and to know exactly what levels are right if you want to try to treat something, at the same time not creating other issues.

Advertisement