Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,800 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the barn next to the Dingle house which is off the road, how did Jimmy crash into it, where was the rest of the Dingle clan? If they keep quiet now as Mandy grieving for Paul who dies without facing Mandy which is a shame I'll be disappointed

I hope no other deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

RobertKK wrote: »
    I do love a happy ending.

I was screaming at the doctor to stop trying to save him,

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I was screaming at the doctor to stop trying to save him,

I wanted him to live to face Mandy and Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 29,314 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

RobertKK wrote: »
    I do love a happy ending.

I hope it was painful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wanted him to live to face Mandy and Aaron

The only problem with that is that we knew someone was going to die this week, I didn’t want it to be any of the others. But otherwise would loved to have seen him face the wrath of Mandy.

• Advertisement

I was hoping Mandy would get to the barn to hear him admit to beating his son and beating Liv

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pistachio19

I was hoping Mandy would get to the barn to hear him admit to beating his son and beating Liv

I was hoping she had recorded it all on her phone, but doubt it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Did Vinny take an overdose?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Annasopra wrote: »

I think it was just the after effects of the kicking Paul gave him.

I think it was just the after effects of the kicking Paul gave him.

Yes internal bleeding from Paul standing on him on the ground in the barn I think

I hope no deaths tomorrow night, I fear a shock twist :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,884 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Was that suppose to be emotional, I was like get him Jimmy, then BURN BURN BURN, then in hospital DIE DIE DIE.

Was not emotional episode at all, except for the hint that Vinny tried to commit suicide ,

Annasopra wrote: »
    Was that suppose to be emotional, I was like get him Jimmy, then BURN BURN BURN, then in hospital DIE DIE DIE.

Was not emotional episode at all, except for the hint that Vinny tried to commit suicide ,

Did I miss Vinny's overdose suicide, I thought he was clutching his chest, stomach, side etc., as Paul hammered him again earlier in the barn and he was already injured and had discharged himself too soon :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jimmy driving away from the sun....then suddenly he's driving into it...the barn is well off the road....:rolleyes:
    What were all the cylinders of gas doing in the middle of a wedding reception....
    Who phoned the ambulance for Vinny...

Reece Dinsdale was on BBC breakfast. He doesn't join the ranks of the unemployed anyway. He is taking over as director same as he was before he got the part of Paul. Also he was getting social media abuse as Paul... People that can't separate the actor from the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Reece Dinsdale was on BBC breakfast. He doesn't join the ranks of the unemployed anyway. He is taking over as director same as he was before he got the part of Paul. Also he was getting social media abuse as Paul... People that can't separate the actor from the character.
    Lol, Nick Cotton used to get a lot of that. Angry old ladies shouting at him in the street and telling him to leave Dot alone :D

And Brian Capron/Richard Hillman and Ian Bartholomew/Geoff in Corrie.

Jimmy driving away from the sun....then suddenly he's driving into it...the barn is well off the road....:rolleyes:
    What were all the cylinders of gas doing in the middle of a wedding reception....

You have to go up a long and narrow lane with a very tight bend to get to the Dingle's. You would be driving very slowly up it. But you wouldn't be on it at all unless you were going to the Dingle's house, it is a dead end not a through-road :confused:

https://static.emmerdale.me.uk/IMG/emmerdale-earth4-overlay.jpg

Fecking image won't work- but the Dingle's lane bends very sharply around towards the house and barn so if you came up the lane too fast and lost it at the corner you would actually end up in an empty field. You would have to crawl around the bend and then the barn is very close: you wouldn't even get into 2nd gear, no room at all to speed up and do any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Acosta

The explosion sequence was fairly dodgy. It looked like something from 90s Emmerdale

You have to go up a long and narrow lane with a very tight bend to get to the Dingle's. You would be driving very slowly up it. But you wouldn't be on it at all unless you were going to the Dingle's house, it is a dead end not a through-road :confused:

https://static.emmerdale.me.uk/IMG/emmerdale-earth4-overlay.jpg

Like i said think The A team...we missed the bit where he flew off the road over the hedge, ......it was a bit sad tbh.....oh and diesel doesnt catch fire in those conditions...

I thought i read here that Paul was in it till June....am i wrong..??

<snip>

I thought i read here that Paul was in it till June....am i wrong..??
    Maybe in flashback. He's back as director soon.

• Advertisement

Sam found Vinny at the Dingle house unconscious

Maybe in flashback. He's back as director soon.
    Just like Geoff in Corro.
    Paul had become Geoff v 2.0 by the end.

Did I miss Vinny's overdose suicide, I thought he was clutching his chest, stomach, side etc., as Paul hammered him again earlier in the barn and he was already injured and had discharged himself too soon :confused:

I dunno, it was left up in the air a bit. Sam found him knocked out, unable to way him. Sounded like it could be an overdose, but you're most likely right.

Was a total let off for Paul. No one got to find out and give him hell. Would have played it differently myself if I was writing it.

How can Mandi be so stupid? Remember when Paul first showed up in the village she was telling people what a master manipulator and chronic liar he was.
    No all of a sudden she thinks he is a saint who could do no wrong :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pistachio19

How can Mandi be so stupid? Remember when Paul first showed up in the village she was telling people what a master manipulator and chronic liar he was.
    No all of a sudden she thinks he is a saint who could do no wrong :rolleyes:

Looks like she did realise it at the end though, when Vinnie tried to deny it.

The worst thing about big dramatic events in soaps, like this crash for eg is that the next few episodes are always boring AF.
    People sitting around in hospital waiting for victims to wake up, or sitting in the pub saying 'any more news on Joe Soap yet?'
    Bo-ring :(

Mandy could get rid of the umbrella and bouquet

What a great hospital, all three awake so soon, I'm glad Liv told Mandy

Yeah i saw that too...but was more confused by her "uni-boob"...whats goin on there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭JoChervil

My first thought was the same, they were so uncomfortable to carry around and so visible. Pink! But than though that maybe be it was on purpose? Maybe she wanted to hold onto something, when her closest ones were slipping away...

Advertisement