Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Masonic and Esoteric Symbolism Locations

Options
  • 21-10-2016 11:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Have a friend from the US really into this stuff. What are the best and hidden gems of this stuff in Dublin? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    Have a friend from the US really into this stuff. What are the best and hidden gems of this stuff in Dublin? Thanks

You might want to send a PM to user Absolam, afaik he is a Mason.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055247470&page=142

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sssshhhh.. It's supposed to be a secret.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Clayton Ballsbridge is a former masonic school and hence chock full of symbols, but there's nothing particularly esoteric or hidden about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

i also think theres a masonic lodge on molesworth street that can be accessed by the public

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Knappogue Castle in Co Clare was a meeting place and could still be.

You'll see symbols carved into the outer walls.

Used to be called Dunboyne lodge no 60....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

OP, if you're sticking to Dublin start with the Grand Lodge in Molesworth St; if you arrange a tour in advance you'll have a great couple of hours and they'll also advise you of some easily visited locations nearby. As L1011 says a notable one would be the old Girls School in Ballsbridge which is now Clayton hotel and retains a lot of the old symbols on the floors, doorways and mantels.
    A lot of the old city centre buildings had Freemasons involved with their design or construction, so you often come across markings; the cupola of the Customs House is a good example if you can get up to see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭VladamirP

Why did you ask a straight forward question in conspiracy theories?

I'm not a mason.

Tell him it's the oldest lucifer worship funny handshake club in the world.

Angel's with goats feet, strange stuff.

New_GL_Crest.jpg

They're cherubim... often depicted with calves feet. And if his friend is really into this stuff as he says, he already knows the 'lucifer worship' nonsense is.. well, nonsense :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

VladamirP wrote: »
    Tell him it's the oldest lucifer worship funny handshake club in the world.

Angel's with goats feet, strange stuff.

New_GL_Crest.jpg

What is this graphic from?

• Advertisement

It's the grand lodge of Irelands crest.

http://freemason.ie/

Absolam wrote: »
    They're cherubim... often depicted with calves feet. And if his friend is really into this stuff as he says, he already knows the 'lucifer worship' nonsense is.. well, nonsense :)

Can you back up the hooved cherubim claim with a source other than a smiley? BTW, it is still an esoteric symbol.

Secondly, lucifer is the god of the Freemasons. But this is only a problem if you are a christian. I am not. I find the archetype of lucifer to be a noble and righteous being. He stood up for truth and justice in the face of psychopathic tyrannical god. He was the first rebel and the grandfather of free thinking. This is why Lucifer is regarded so highly in masonry.

Again, a smiley is not a credible source.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Can you back up the hooved cherubim claim with a source other than a smiley? BTW, it is still an esoteric symbol.

Secondly, lucifer is the god of the Freemasons. But this is only a problem if you are a christian. I am not. I find the archetype of lucifer to be a noble and righteous being. He stood up for truth and justice in the face of psychopathic tyrannical god. He was the first rebel and the grandfather of free thinking. This is why Lucifer is regarded so highly in masonry.

Who is into this stuff you or your "friend" ? ;)

Actually, it's a supporter, strictly speaking. If you think it's esoteric fair enough, though you have to admit that may be more due to the fact that less people are interested in heraldry and biblical depictions than would have been the case when the Grand Lodge adopted it's arms?
    As for cherubim... take your pick.
    Biblestudytools
    Our old friend wikipedia
    And of course, there's always the Bible itself...
    Well, no, not to put to fine a point on it, he's not. That would probably be a problem for a Christian, but 'the Freemasons' don't have a god, Freemasons belong to various religions, and millions of them belong to Christian religions. Now I know; you're certain that 'low level' Masons have for centuries been incapable of discovering that they're secretly being manipulated by 'high level' Masons into worshiping Lucifer and it took internet users with no actual involvement with or direct knowledge of Freemasonry to discover the truth (along with the location of Atlantis whilst doing it), but those 'high level' Masons are also adherants of various religions, and most of them are Christians.
    Sure... and no doubt you're just dying to share the 'credible' source for the incredible nonsense you're putting forward. What are the odds that this source is only given credence amongst those inclined to headgear of a particular material, do you think?

Why do I think you may not really have a friend who is into this stuff.....

Absolam wrote: »
    Actually, it's a supporter, strictly speaking. If you think it's esoteric fair enough, though you have to admit that may be more due to the fact that less people are interested in heraldry and biblical depictions than would have been the case when the Grand Lodge adopted it's arms?
    As for cherubim... take your pick.
    Biblestudytools
    Our old friend wikipedia
    And of course, there's always the Bible itself...
    Well, no, not to put to fine a point on it, he's not. That would probably be a problem for a Christian, but 'the Freemasons' don't have a god, Freemasons belong to various religions, and millions of them belong to Christian religions. Now I know; you're certain that 'low level' Masons have for centuries been incapable of discovering that they're secretly being manipulated by 'high level' Masons into worshiping Lucifer and it took internet users with no actual involvement with or direct knowledge of Freemasonry to discover the truth (along with the location of Atlantis whilst doing it), but those 'high level' Masons are also adherants of various religions, and most of them are Christians.
    Sure... and no doubt you're just dying to share the 'credible' source for the incredible nonsense you're putting forward. What are the odds that this source is only given credence amongst those inclined to headgear of a particular material, do you think?

Why do I think you may not really have a friend who is into this stuff.....

I asked you for specific sources that they have hooves and not that cherubum exist as an idea.

Freemasons worship lucifer. Your ignorance of the subject is not the final word.

I am not arguing for the sake of it. I am a Lucifarian myself and I understand how it works and who is in the club. You are making assumptions on things you do not understand. They are not a part of your worldview. You are a blinded and impure to the followers of the Lord of Light.

I asked you for specific sources that they have hooves and not that cherubum exist as an idea.
    Would it be fair to say you didn't read the links I provided?
    "The following is a description in detail of the cherubim as seen by Ezekiel. They are represented as four living creatures, each with four faces, man, lion, ox (replaced in the parallel chapter by cherub), and eagle (Ezekiel 1:10; 10:14), having the figure and hands of men (Ezekiel 1:5,8), and the feet of calves (Ezekiel 1:7)."
    "Under their wings are human hands; their legs are described as straight, and their feet like those of a calf"
    "And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass."
    Now, these quotes do support what I said on the subject "They're cherubim... often depicted with calves feet" rather than your own restatement about hooves, but, still, you really should have read the links, at least to avoid giving the impression you're ignorant of what you're taking about...
    Freemasons worship lucifer. Your ignorance of the subject is not the final word.
    No, we don't. I don't, the Freemason I know don't. Some Freemasons may, because Freemasonry doesn't tell it's members which Gods to worship, but by and large... nah, we just don't. Now, you're not a Freemason, so I think it's fair to say you've never actually seen what Freemasons do, have you? Which makes it a little difficult to puzzle out why you think I'm the one who is ignorant of what Freemasons do.
    I am not arguing for the sake of it. I am a Lucifarian myself and I understand how it works and who is in the club.
    So, you're a Luciferian, but you're not a Christian? Yet Lucifer is exclusively a character in the Christian pantheon. Without Christianity, there is no Lucifer, so Luciferianism can be considered to be just another Christian cult when you think about it. I'm not sure you do know how it works... and I'm fairly sure most Luciferians don't consider it a 'club'. Though perhaps you have a 'credible' source for that assertion like your other one?
    You are making assumptions on things you do not understand. They are not a part of your worldview. You are a blinded and impure to the followers of the Lord of Light.
    I haven't made any assumptions at all though? You're the one telling us what Freemasons do despite not being a Freemason, you're the one who says he's a Luciferian and not a Christian, you're the one assuming links don't contain information. Perhaps I am blinded and impure to the followers of the Lord of Light, but that's ok, it's not like they're in anyway significant in my life is it? And that's not an assumption by the way.

Still, why don't you tell us some more about your friend from the US really into this stuff? And your 'credible' sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

L1011 wrote: »
    Clayton Ballsbridge is a former masonic school and hence chock full of symbols, but there's nothing particularly esoteric or hidden about that.

Yes, that is correct. The symbol on the outside of the building is easily visible from the main Merrion road.

i also think theres a masonic lodge on molesworth street that can be accessed by the public

Yes I believe so. An Asian friend returned to Ireland for a short visit recently (he had joined the Masons when he was in Ireland, and joined a lodge in his home country when he returned home) and he commented that he dropped in to the lodge on Molesworth St to present his compliments when he was in Dublin.

But also that lodge does public tours I believe.

Just because it's topical, a former Welsh police superintendent was recently convicted of crimes of child abuse, committed 25 years ago or more.

It has been alleged that part of the reason he got away with it for so long was due to his Masonic allegiance (I do not know if that's true or not).

You'll probably find all you want and more on the subject in these threads;

Saville & satanic ritual abuse

Is a Satanic cult of global leaders and Vatican heads murdering children?

• Advertisement

Savile was not a mason as far as I'm aware. He was a Knight Commander of the Pontifical Equestrian Order of Saint Gregory the Great.

Yes, that point was made in this thread;

The Freemasons

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Several posts have been swept away by the illuminati and one user went missing on a Malaysian airlines flight.

Modding posts on a cell phone always makes me grumpy I don't have Trumps tiny hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Thomas Sheridan has done some vids on this topic .

Dublin Occult and Unsual History and Locations .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QzjEPmkafs .

His channel link .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoJgaiSe0sxRDz42zr3KOjw .

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Advertisement