Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter lessons out west?

Options
  • 19-10-2016 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I'm trying to put together a little weekend of waves for a group of mates and was wondering whether the usual surf schools run lessons throughout the winter? As in late next month probably.
    There'd be a mix of small experience to none so I couldn't justify dragging everyone over if we couldn't get any instruction or board rental.

Cheers!

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ben's Surf Clinic in Lahinch operate all year round I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sweet! I was thinking Bundoran but Lahinch would also be cool.

Do people ever camp on or around the beach down that way? Last time we were in Bundoran two of the lads camped out by Tullan and I'd be keen to follow in their footsteps of at all possible. Cheap as chips, as I am.

Looking at pictures it seems right on the town so I imagine it's frowned upon and uncomfortable.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You probably won't be able to camp in the town as down by the beach is the golf course, there's probably plenty of spots outside town you would get away with it but I'm not sure, I always stayed in a hostel anytime I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Aye, I thought as much.
    A hostel may be a better idea in late November to be fair, a warm room after a cold day doesn't sound too bad. Haha

Cheers, Buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Theres a hostel in Lahinch in the town and also a campsite 200m up the road from the hostel so you're sorted either way. People do camp the odd time in the grass beside the car park at the top of the town (also a short walk from the hostel).
    And yeah, Bens Surf Clinic is definitely open all year round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement