Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BREW Your Own - Magazine

Options
  • 18-10-2016 1:25pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I lived in the US until recently and spoilt in terms of choices of homebrew walk-in stores, places offering lessons and magazines. When I moved back to europe I was surprised to find that there wasn't a frequent homebrew magazine where I could read up on recipies and tips. Sure there's a whole lot out there on the 'net but I find that I pay more attention and get less distracted by a physical read.
    So I resubscribed to Brew Your Own which costs $45 for 8 print editions or $28 for the digital version.
    I mention this because last month they had a special on Irish beers with an article focusing on the history of brewing in Ireland and how it is that we ended up with just a couple of breweries controlling the market and a second article detailing the rise of homebrewing and microbrewing since 2013 to today. if anyone is interested in a scan of the articles then just PM me.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ponster wrote: »
    I lived in the US until recently and spoilt in terms of choices of homebrew walk-in stores, places offering lessons and magazines. When I moved back to europe I was surprised to find that there wasn't a frequent homebrew magazine where I could read up on recipies and tips. Sure there's a whole lot out there on the 'net but I find that I pay more attention and get less distracted by a physical read.
    So I resubscribed to Brew Your Own which costs $45 for 8 print editions or $28 for the digital version.
    I mention this because last month they had a special on Irish beers with an article focusing on the history of brewing in Ireland and how it is that we ended up with just a couple of breweries controlling the market and a second article detailing the rise of homebrewing and microbrewing since 2013 to today. if anyone is interested in a scan of the articles then just PM me.
    76283287-origpic-a8b5c9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

I'd be interested in the articles you mentioned anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Me too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

byo.com is a site I find myself browsing regularly (in fact I used this month's mead making article to good effect the other weekend). I keep threatening to subscribe... Sooner or later I'll get round to it! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

For those that are interested here are the articles...

https://imgur.com/gallery/Cue0h

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

God that Terry Foster article on Irish brewing history is terrible. I wish I could get paid for making up nonsense like that :D

Advertisement