Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthony Foley RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Still can't quite get my head around it. He was only 42, young family etc. He was obviously a great bloke and a great player. Thoughts are with his family and with those in Munster and Irish rugby who were clearly so fond of the guy. It's hit us all, so I can only imagine how it's hit them. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Just awful. RIP Axel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Heard the crazy news about 10 minutes ago. Truly shocking. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Shockingly awful news. Real tragedy for someone so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never met the man or anything but came across as a terrific person and nice man and great player on the field.

RIP too young

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Terrible news, my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I just saw it on facebook and thought it was some sick joke. Awful news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

That's the worst news I have heard in an awful long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

RIP.
    A great servant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hard to believe it. RIP to a great man who will be missed by everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Rip . Terrible unexpected news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Match is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Awful news.
    Condolences to his family.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Frankie Sheahan just posted this photo from a week ago at Mick Galweys 50th birthday party

• Registered Users Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My wife and I are in bits. Met him a few times, knew a few lads who played with him and under him. Axel is our age, we just cant stop thinking about his kids. Condolences and love to them all. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭budhabob

Completely in shock here, what terrible news. RIP axel.

Condolences to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

RIP. Shocking news.

Really puts things into perspective.. life is short, and it can end at any time. It's amazing how we get worked up about stupid little things when in the grand scheme of things, they don't really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

As a player he was as honest as they come,gave it everything,a natural born leader

So sad to hear this awful news

RIP Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 67,496 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RIP. Terrible news for his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Just awful, awful news. A great player and no doubt a great man. He had the respect of the greatest players to ever wear green and every fan in Irish Rugby. Death is a terrible event even when it is long anticipated. No death is as hard on the living as the unexpected death of a loved one. Death does not always come with a warning as we saw in 2012 with the Spence tragedy that took 3 lives. No time to grieve or to prepare and brace oneself for the agony of sad farewells. Sometimes death comes, unannounced and silent. No time for a goodbye. There are the hardest bereavements and the hardest, hartdest of times. For those close to Axel - and I suspect there are many- a terrible time is here. A wonderful player he will be remembered down the days. I am reminded of these words by Emily Bronte.

"Cruel Death! The young leaves drop and languish;
    Evening's gentle air may still restore-
    No! the morning sunshine mocks my anguish-
    Time, for me, must never blossom more!"

• Advertisement

Sébastien Chabal ‏@sebchabal
    Triste nouvelle que d'apprendre que l'entraîneur et ancien grand n 8 irlandais Anthony Foley nous a quitté. #RIP

Translated from French by Bing Wrong translation?
    Sad news than learning that coach and former big 8 Anthony Foley Irish n left us. #RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Terrible news. RIP Axel. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Rest in Peace Anthony, you absolute Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Puts it all into perspective. It's only rugby. It's only a game. Players and coaches get criticised all the time but what really matters is that there still able to go home to their wife and kids. Axel won't be. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Lovely tribute from Thierry Dusatoir too
    Très triste d'apprendre le décès d'Anthony Foley de @Munsterrugby ! Un grand joueur et adversaire ! Mes pensées vont vers sa famille! #rip

I believe that translates to "Sad to hear the news .. a great player and oppenent ... my thoughts are with his family.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Lovely tribute from Thierry Duatoir too

I believe that translates to "Sad to hear the news .. a great player and oppenent ... my thoughts are with his family.

Thierry Dusautoir ‏@TitiDusautoir
    Very sad to hear the death of Anthony Foley of @Munsterrugby! A great player and opponent! My thoughts go out to his family! #rip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

RIP Anthony Foley. The man was the personification of a legend.

Absolutely shocking news and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

I thought (and hoped) this was a wind up when I heard it first, sad news. RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement