Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI certified supplier

Options
  • 16-10-2016 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello, I am new here in Ireland and a professional shoemaker.
    I will manufacture orthotics, orthopedic shoes, diabetic shoes etc.
    Do I need a certification, so that my future customer can claim back the expenditure from they health insurance like VHI etc.??

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moving this thread to a much more appropriate forum than the Kildare one.

That said, the local moderators will decide if it is suitable for their forum

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Good question, I honestly don't know but hope you get an answer here.
    Rob

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Could it be worth contacting VHI to enquire as to what they require for orthotics etc. to be claimed on their policies?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pedorthist

Thanks penguim88, yes I did.
    The answer has been:
    Vhi Healthcare have an extensive portfolio of different plans to suit the varying needs of our members. I wish to advise some of our policies provide a benefit towards the cost of specific medical and surgical appliances subject to an excess.

If a member is submitting a claim for orthotics which is currently an approved appliance, the receipt must be on headed paper and clearly state the cost, the persons name and the appliance that was purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pedorthist

That means a painter is making insoles and is writing a bill with the customer's name and that he has done an insole and that is??

• Advertisement
Advertisement