Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

VHI certified supplier

• 16-10-2016 6:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5 Pedorthist

Hello, I am new here in Ireland and a professional shoemaker.
    I will manufacture orthotics, orthopedic shoes, diabetic shoes etc.
    Do I need a certification, so that my future customer can claim back the expenditure from they health insurance like VHI etc.??

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭ BuffyBot

Moving this thread to a much more appropriate forum than the Kildare one.

That said, the local moderators will decide if it is suitable for their forum

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭ RobFowl

Good question, I honestly don't know but hope you get an answer here.
    Rob

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Kurtosis

Could it be worth contacting VHI to enquire as to what they require for orthotics etc. to be claimed on their policies?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pedorthist

Thanks penguim88, yes I did.
    The answer has been:
    Vhi Healthcare have an extensive portfolio of different plans to suit the varying needs of our members. I wish to advise some of our policies provide a benefit towards the cost of specific medical and surgical appliances subject to an excess.

If a member is submitting a claim for orthotics which is currently an approved appliance, the receipt must be on headed paper and clearly state the cost, the persons name and the appliance that was purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pedorthist

That means a painter is making insoles and is writing a bill with the customer's name and that he has done an insole and that is??

• Advertisement
Advertisement