Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre Fitting

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

horse7 wrote: »
    Is that for front and back tyre?

Yes, €60 in total for both tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Rafal wrote: »

:eek:At €30 per wheel, was there still a worthwhile saving from sourcing tyres elsewhere? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Rafal wrote: »

I presume that's just dropping the bike off.

Last time I used Bray Honda, I dropped out the 2 wheels and it wasn't anywhere near €60.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

What's the usual procedure,is it you make an appointment,ride in with bike, wait while it's getting new tyres fitted, drive out?

What's the usual procedure,is it you make an appointment,ride in with bike, wait while it's getting new tyres fitted, drive out?

What i do is, whip the wheels off at home, drop them to tyre fitter.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement

You must have stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I waited over 2 hours last time I had them done ( brought bike there) which prompted me to but my own tyre changing gear.

But yeah. Make an appointment. They might have to order the tyres in. Ride in and ride out. Or as mentioned its cheaper to bring the wheels in yourself.

You must have stands.

Center stand and a beer crate :o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

You must have stands.

If you never changed a tyre, stands are worth having anyway, and not expensive.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

scotchy wrote: »
    Center stand and a beer crate :o

Recipe for disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    :eek:At €30 per wheel, was there still a worthwhile saving from sourcing tyres elsewhere? :confused:

Yes, it was still another €55 cheaper this way (M7s), but I would recheck the pricing before the next time, in case ordering straight from the garage made less of a difference.
    scotchy wrote: »
    I presume that's just dropping the bike off.

Last time I used Bray Honda, I dropped out the 2 wheels and it wasn't anywhere near €60.

I made an appointment once the tyres got delivered to the garage. I dropped the bike off, went for a coffee at nearby Albert Walk, collected in an hour.

If you are happy to remove and refit brakes and ABS sensors, and if you have alternative transport, then dropping wheels only would work. I prefer the garage did everything.

City Spares - €10 per tyre balanced. And they won't cry if you bought it online.

Not any more.They only supply and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 madrarua959

I had tyres fitted by JP Motorcycles, just off Pearse Street.

A little more information please.

Advertisement