Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Markets Europe

Options
  • 13-10-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Any experience in Christmas markets in Europe really want to go this year,
    Just wondering which ones are the best and which ones are normally cheapest to get to flight wise

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

TBH if you search this forum you'll find a few threads on the topic. In my opinion, Germany has the best ones, Frankfurt and Cologne in particular. They're fantastic.

Krakow is also lovely that time of year and the markets in the main square are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Been mainly to German ones. Munich is my favourite with Dresden a close second, but they're all great.
    Been to Dusseldorf, Nuremberg, Heidelberg, Berlin as well and done day trips to Cologne, Frankfurt, Essen, Potsdam and probably others that I can't remember. We did a day trip to Salzburg which was very nice but I did think the German ones were nicer! We spent some time in Prague last year, it was lovely but very crowded.
    The German ones can be busy at the weekends but for the most part you can move around.
    I enjoyed Berlin the least- I love Berlin as a city but it's a bit big for markets - I like to mooch around whereas in Berlin we seemed to be constantly on public transport going somewhere.

They are worth a visit. For me it's the smells! I recognise it every year when we get there!
    We're going back to Munich for the 4th or 5th time this year. We usually go every 2nd or 3rd year and go somewhere else in between.

I would love to visit other markets too but I'd hate to miss Germany at Christmas and so far we haven't managed to make 2 trips!

Enjoy.

Advertisement