Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Launcher

Options
  • 13-10-2016 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

I've been using Nova for a long time now. Never tried anything else. Absolutely no issues with it ever.

Tempted to try something new though.

What's your favourite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nova just works!

I had Aviate installed for years and got bored with it (development seemed to slow to a crawl when they were bought by Yahoo).

I tried Arrow Launcher for about a month too (some time last year I think).

Tried both earlier this week to see if they had changed/improved, and I didn't see a massive amount of difference. Both supported live wallpaper (which they didn't before) and Arrow allows you to hide icons. There wasn't enough there to draw me back.

So I'm back to Nova Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Call me old fashioned but I like the simplicity of google launcher and the swipe left to all my googley news stories, weather etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Nova Prime for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I have used Nova for years also, every so often I try something different but always come back to Nova.

Google Now launcher is nice and simple and I like it but I wish it was just a little more customisable.

I have tried all of the others as well, Aviate, Action, Arrow they all have unique points but for me it has to be Nova.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Controversial post warning!

I have been a nova prime die hard for a few years but recently got a S7 and I haven't bothered installing it and im happy enough with touchwiz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Same! Back in my S2/S3 days I couldn't wait to root and flash a new ROM. S6 and S7 stock are perfectly fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Slattsy wrote: »
    I've been using Nova for a long time now. Never tried anything else. Absolutely no issues with it ever.

Tempted to try something new though.

What's your favourite?

Answered on this "Best Android launcher" thread - not sure why another thread is necessary:rolleyes:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057532269

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Answered on this "Best Android launcher" thread - not sure why another thread is necessary:rolleyes:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057532269

That was originally from 2015 and the last post from July so I can understand if the OP didn't want to drag up a 3 month old thread or didn't think to search for it. It adds a bit of discussion doesn't it.

/edit/ Also firmly in the corner for Nova.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

+1 for Nova prime.
    Ste- wrote: »
    That was originally from 2015 and the last post from July so I can understand if the OP didn't want to drag up a 3 month old thread or didn't think to search for it. It adds a bit of discussion doesn't it.

Exactly - with app/launcher updates since then - people who gave there preference then could easily have swapped to a different launcher by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Controversial post warning!

I have been a nova prime die hard for a few years but recently got a S7 and I haven't bothered installing it and im happy enough with touchwiz!

Ok have to update this. To be honest I've been a little bit disillusioned with the slight laggyness in my S7, wondering what I have done getting into a contract for this! Whats supposed to be the premium smartphone of the year, its frankly a disgrace in my opinion.

Anyway, reading online it seems to be down to touchwiz so I installed Nova and the difference is unreal. Phone is very snappy now, great I suppose but disappointing to see that kind of performance on touchwiz from Samsung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Action Launcher v3 for me. Tried to go back to Nova a couple of times but I just prefer this

Advertisement