Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Green Spoon - tips etc.

Options
  • 13-10-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

So I have started using recipes from 'The Little Green Spoon' for the majority of my meals over the past month or so.
    I am loving it.
    The main thing I love about it is that we are having much tastier dinners each evening which are still healthy. Before this it was meat/veg combos which sometimes can get boring.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone on here uses her recipes and has any tips or would recommend any of her recipes in particular?

For example I have cooked the 'daddy bread' and it is amazing! I changed it up this week and substituted the pumpkin seeds for more sesame seeds and it is even nicer.

The terryaki meatballs and buckwheat paella are also highly recommended.

I had never even really heard of buckwheat before using the little green spoon. It is so delicious and filling :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

I have dipped in an out of her website and made some of her quinoa recipes and they were very lovely http://thelittlegreenspoon.com/2016/08/22/thai-pineapple-fried-quinoa/
    http://thelittlegreenspoon.com/2016/08/08/sundried-tomato-feta-quinoa-salad/
    http://thelittlegreenspoon.com/2015/09/25/autumn-quinoa-salad/
    I tried to make her egg and cucumber rolls and they were a messy disaster,

Indys website is nice, colourful and her recipes are pretty simple and easy to follow but to be honest I don't think she's doing anything different from any the other food bloggers out there.
    She's one of a number of food bloggers in what is an over saturated marked where they all seem to be marketing their books/blogs for people who suffer from coeliac disease or people with some kind of allergy or intolerance to certain foods which thankfully I don’t have.

The focus seems to on foods that are gluten free, sugar free, paleo, dishes that are made of dates, agave, honey instead of regular sugar, almonds instead of flour, coconut milk instead of regular cream, gluten free oats, peanut butter, cacao ,protein power shakes, avocados, nuts etc etc .........
    great and all those foods are they they are not calorie free and some of the recipes/dishes they post look to contain more calories and fat than I need in a week never mind in one meal!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Indy Power, another rich kid celebrity blogger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Luis21 wrote: »
    Indy Power, another rich kid celebrity blogger.

Why the (gluten-free) chip on your shoulder? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Why the (gluten-free) chip on your shoulder? :confused:

Too many tv chefs. Shes from money so gets her break.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Luis21 wrote: »
    Too many tv chefs. Shes from money so gets her break.

So what? What's wrong with the food presents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I like her recipes but I do find she has too many treats on her website to call herself healthy. Just because a sugar is made of honey instead of white sugar doesn't make it any better for you.  Now I am not saying that there shouldn't be treats but just too much emphasis on it.

Advertisement